You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slovakia v Ireland, Thursday, 08th October 2020
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia v Ireland, Thursday, 08th October 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 139>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 6:30pm
Apparently Lenihan has a knee injury and has withdrawn from the Ireland squad. Unlucky as he would surely have added to his caps in one of the games at least. Maybe a call-up for Kevin Long or even Jimmy Dunne now ?

Edited by Green Cockade - 03 Oct 2020 at 6:30pm
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 6:44pm
The name Jimmy Dunne just conjures up the image in my mind of a 1950's footballer who played for Drums and then went over to Man Utd playing under Busby.  Very old fashioned name.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Apparently Lenihan has a knee injury and has withdrawn from the Ireland squad. Unlucky as he would surely have added to his caps in one of the games at least. Maybe a call-up for Kevin Long or even Jimmy Dunne now ?
That’s unlucky for Lenihan..SK might also call up Dara O Shea from the U21s to cover all across the back 4 but the u 21s could do with his experience against the Italians 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 7:17pm
Long playing for Burnley tonight alongside Tarkowski, Dunne on bench with Robbie Brady who must be fit again. Hopefully he gets on at some stage, Hendrick is on for Newcastle. O'Dowda was on bench for Bristol City today but was not used.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 7:34pm
Yeah, promising that Robbie makes the bench and hope he gets some minutes.
If both Coleman and Lenihan are out then I'd say O'Shea will get called up and the 21's will lose out on one of their best players but so be it.
O'Shea is versatile so is a better option than Long, altho I'd call them both up if the two lads won't be on the plane.

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 9:41pm
Any news on Coleman 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Any news on Coleman 
Only whats been reported everywhere at this stage that he is having a scan in the morning.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 1:23pm
Coleman likely going to miss out with a hamstring injury according to Kenny. Arter a doubt with a thigh injury and Lenihan out with a knee injury. Kevin Long has been called in.
The only way is up
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 1:45pm
Balls that's that no way we can win without our captain 

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 2:15pm
I'd say they'll call up O'Shea as RB backup if Seamus is out?
Who'd replace Harry?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 3:10pm
Cullen maybe? If his Covid issues rule him out you might be looking at Whelan.

Christie would be a better back up for Doherty with Coleman out. Leave O'Shea with the under 21s this time around, he's not a natural right back anyway.

Edited by You Tell Me - 04 Oct 2020 at 3:11pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 3:26pm
Stevens getting a bit of a schooling at left back for Sheffield United today against Arsenal. Looks like a potential weak link for us based on current form, but he has no competition at all for his Ireland spot at the moment so we're going to have to hope for the best with him.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 3:32pm
Doherty on the bench today
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 3:33pm
That's good news.

As he will be able to train tomorrow with the Ireland squad and is unlikely going to get injured.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Stevens getting a bit of a schooling at left back for Sheffield United today against Arsenal. Looks like a potential weak link for us based on current form, but he has no competition at all for his Ireland spot at the moment so we're going to have to hope for the best with him.

He would want a mighty kick up the backside was genuinely disgraceful in the 2 Ireland games last month and has been as bad in what I have seen of him for Sheffield Utd this year. If he’s not careful he will lose his place in the Sheffield Utd team maybe a few weeks break is needed for him as he’s gone flat?? 

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 4:01pm
Jason Knight if Arter doesn't make it.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 4:07pm
Yeah - agree with that, Jason knight has been a bright spot for Derby this season. He seems to be a regular first team player, has bags of energy, good in front of goal and still just 19.

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Jason Knight if Arter doesn't make it.

Yep, 100% this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 139>
  Share Topic