You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slovakia v Ireland, Thursday, 08th October 2020
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia v Ireland, Thursday, 08th October 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 139>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:06am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

No one even knows where in Slovakia it'll be. Even UEFA have more or less said they may change the goal posts to get the host nations in. We could end up in Bucharest. If it is Slovakia it might not even be in Bratislava or Trnva. It's 4 months away. I was able to book the Denmark play off with less time on the cheap. People booked the flights as they were leaving the ground for christ sake.

Everybody who has booked knows its a gamble but its an educated gamble - we aren't going to sue Uefa because 'we thought it was going to be in Trnvava'

It is Slovakia
It s pretty likely in Trnvava 

On the law of averages 2 out of Ireland, Hungary, Romania and Scotland will not qualify. I can imagine that UEFA are pulling out clumps trying to devise a restucture for the play-offs.

Don't be surprised if by magic they drop us to A or C just to get us over the line and give us two home games

Why favour us over the other hosts ?

Scotland are due to face either Norway or Serbia away if they win their semi.

I'd imagine they may opt for neutral venues for play-off finals and appoint refs who are eager to please.

Yep could see this being done in some way, similar to the Nations League Finals a draw will be made for which country will host the games.

Surprise Surprise
Group A -hosted by Romania
Group B- hosted by ourselves
Group C- hosted by Scotland or Hungary
Group D hosted by Scotland or Hungary whichever aren't drawn to host group C 

This will be done to as UEFA want to see how the respective countries handle hosting 

Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:17am
They were 25 each way before the Denmark match and I posted it on here it was worth a gamble as it was most likely situation.  Only that the stadium is so small and I doubt I'd get a ticket I didnt take it. If I was an away regular spending 1000's travelling all over the world to support Ireland then 25 euro is hardly worth blinking over

Edited by t_rAndy - 21 Nov 2019 at 9:17am
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:34am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

No one even knows where in Slovakia it'll be. Even UEFA have more or less said they may change the goal posts to get the host nations in. We could end up in Bucharest. If it is Slovakia it might not even be in Bratislava or Trnva. It's 4 months away. I was able to book the Denmark play off with less time on the cheap. People booked the flights as they were leaving the ground for christ sake.

Everybody who has booked knows its a gamble but its an educated gamble - we aren't going to sue Uefa because 'we thought it was going to be in Trnvava'

It is Slovakia

On the law of averages 2 out of Ireland, Hungary, Romania and Scotland will not qualify. I can imagine that UEFA are pulling out clumps trying to devise a restucture for the play-offs.

Don't be surprised if by magic they drop us to A or C just to get us over the line and give us two home games

I'd imagine they may opt for neutral venues for play-off finals and appoint refs who are eager to please.

Yep could see this being done in some way, similar to the Nations League Finals a draw will be made for which country will host the games.

Surprise Surprise
Group A -hosted by Romania
Group B- hosted by ourselves
Group C- hosted by Scotland or Hungary
Group D hosted by Scotland or Hungary whichever aren't drawn to host group C 

This will be done to as UEFA want to see how the respective countries handle hosting 

Seems a bit far fetched, even by EUFA's standards. I also wonder what affect if any does the shadow of the former CEO's have on EUFA's thought processes..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:40am

It is Slovakia

Scotland could be drawn at home for the final.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:47am

It is Slovakia

We already owe them millions, they might as well make sure we get the cash for qualifying. 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:51am

What time is the ‘fix’ tomorrow ?  

translated it for you Newry 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:54am
So people took the gamble and booked Bratislava ahead of it being confirmed, fair play.
The draw for the actual group is on next Saturday and we'll know the exact date we'll be playing in Bilbao.
Will people book that before our playoff has even been played?
Randomly picked the 16th of June and it's €95 one way on Aer lingus. Ryanair don't fly there from Dublin but of course they're not going to miss out.
The dark side.. And the light
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:57am
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:59am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

So people took the gamble and booked Bratislava ahead of it being confirmed, fair play.
The draw for the actual group is on next Saturday and we'll know the exact date we'll be playing in Bilbao.
Randomly picked the 16th of June and it's €95 one way on Aer lingus. Ryanair don't fly there from Dublin but of course they're not going to miss out.

Nope won't bother until after the playoffs, if we aren't going to be playing there not wasting a few hundred on flights etc
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:00am
This was updated 25 minutes ago and more or less confirms path B will stay the same.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:16am

Have a goo at the accomodation prices for Biblao on the weekend on 20th June - hostels at €200 per night.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

We already owe them millions, they might as well make sure we get the cash for qualifying. 

LOLLOLLOL
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:19am
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

This was updated 25 minutes ago and more or less confirms path B will stay the same.

Based on that, I'm sure the Scots will get with Bulgaria at home
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:41am

If we are 3-0 up with 20 mins to go I might have a look
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 11:01am

~

Ryanair fly to Santander which is two hours away on a bus you get from the airport or city centre. Ryanair also fly to Biarritz which is a three hours bus ride away. 5 hour bus from Madrid airport too. Internal flights in Spain are very cheap.You can also get a train direct from Bordeaux to the French border and a three hours bus from there too. Lots and lots of options.
Danger here, OH NO
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 11:05am

Have a goo at the accomodation prices for Biblao on the weekend on 20th June - hostels at €200 per night.
TBF accomodation for Bilbao has been available for over 5 months at this stage we have 2 x 6 bed dorms booked slap bang in the city centre for €50 per person per night for the eve of the match and match night for the three potential dates with free cancelation. Probably all in Vain anywayCry

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 21 Nov 2019 at 11:06am
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Fanny MaGee View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 11:05am
I still can't believe that they'll have all 8 semi finals on one night (26th) and the 4 finals too (31st). They'd just just be f*cking themselves with regard to TV money.
Ask MaGee
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Fanny MaGee Fanny MaGee wrote:

I still can't believe that they'll have all 8 semi finals on one night (26th) and the 4 finals too (31st). They'd just just be f*cking themselves with regard to TV money.

They already have the TV rights sold as part of the qualifying package and take a look at the match line ups. Bar the countries actually competing there wont be much interest.

And also they have to give a "little consideration" to the FA's organizing travel for the team and the travelling fans. 

Edited by foggy.nelson - 21 Nov 2019 at 11:12am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 139>
  Share Topic