You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slovakia v Ireland, Thursday, 08th October 2020
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia v Ireland, Thursday, 08th October 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 139>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 10:57pm
a lot of posters keep saying give Kenny “time” and he has to get his “system” across.is he not dealing with elite professionals?i mean the majority of the players in the squad play at clubs that like to pass the ball and all of them would of had a manger sacked by there club and a new manager come in with a new system and it’d be relatively quickly taken up by the team...I know,I know club managers have more player time...but my point is that Kenny isn’t trying to teach a way to play to a gang of AUL senior Saturday players.all of the players would of played a system close or maybe even played it at there clubs close to the one we want to play so why the long time frame to pick it up???

The only thing I can think of is if it’s that hard to pick up a way to play then it’s down to the players that can’t play that way....which we’ve heard before.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Sponsored Links

daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 11:01pm
The Gardai are on high alert again the villagers are worried about their missing
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

The Gardai are on high alert again the villagers are worried about their missing

It wasn’t really funny the first....or second time....let it go.
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

a lot of posters keep saying give Kenny “time” and he has to get his “system” across.is he not dealing with elite professionals?i mean the majority of the players in the squad play at clubs that like to pass the ball and all of them would of had a manger sacked by there club and a new manager come in with a new system and it’d be relatively quickly taken up by the team...I know,I know club managers have more player time...but my point is that Kenny isn’t trying to teach a way to play to a gang of AUL senior Saturday players.all of the players would of played a system close or maybe even played it at there clubs close to the one we want to play so why the long time frame to pick it up???

The only thing I can think of is if it’s that hard to pick up a way to play then it’s down to the players that can’t play that way....which we’ve heard before.

Yes and going on yesterday’s evidence the message is getting across. Players made good decisions on the ball and tried to play the Kenny system.

Our players are technically deficient to the best so it doesn’t alway work but they are doing what Kenny wants.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 11:05pm

Your opinion is valued
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 11:08pm

Your opinion is valued

Can you hear the sirens?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 11:21pm

Its not just about teaching his way to play but finding the right players to fit his system. It is going to take more time working with the team and a good few games to land on his best team and players he can trust.

Edited by t_rAndy - 09 Oct 2020 at 11:22pm
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 11:32pm

Your opinion is valued

Can you hear the sirens?
🚓🚓🚓   Your taxi has arrived juicy

Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Surprised to read the last few pages where Kenny was getting stick last night. Have some posters been watching Ireland the past 10 years?

For once I feel very optimistic for the future, and Kenny like every other manager before him should be judged after 10 games and not 3. 

Yes and in those 10 years we qualified for two major tournaments and missed out on the play offs for another. Nice football is all well and good but the results of the last 10 years have seen us have success. Even if the performances weren't great to watch.

You do know you can have both, a decent way of playing and some moderate success in qualifying for the odd tournament, which is what most fans want. If you enjoyed going to games home and away while we played some of the worst football imaginable good for you. Personally I've had enough of it and I am very hopeful Kenny can deliver. 

That wasn't your point though. I enjoyed games like Estonia, Austria, Italy, Germany, Wales and others because we won. Did we play great in any of those games? Not really. Did we play nice stuff. Not really. But we won. I have watched Ireland the last 10 years and seen some great nights. I hope Kenny can deliver but I won't judge stringing passes together and playing with fluidity a success if we don't get results.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 1:02am
Originally posted by Dots1982 Dots1982 wrote:

I’m pro Kenny but the anti mick stuff is bollocks.

Mick’s Ireland scored in every game but 2. Kenny’s Ireland have scored once in three matches.

This is a project for the next 2 years and I will be patient but the anti mick stuff is bollocks.

Kenny’s Ireland is going to struggle to score. Mark my words.

this is stupid comparison, and ultimately the two games Micks team failed to score in were arguably two of the more key games

we were lucky to score in Gibraltar
we were unlucky to score the other night

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 1:10am

Surprised to read the last few pages where Kenny was getting stick last night. Have some posters been watching Ireland the past 10 years?

For once I feel very optimistic for the future, and Kenny like every other manager before him should be judged after 10 games and not 3. 

Yes and in those 10 years we qualified for two major tournaments and missed out on the play offs for another. Nice football is all well and good but the results of the last 10 years have seen us have success. Even if the performances weren't great to watch.

You do know you can have both, a decent way of playing and some moderate success in qualifying for the odd tournament, which is what most fans want. If you enjoyed going to games home and away while we played some of the worst football imaginable good for you. Personally I've had enough of it and I am very hopeful Kenny can deliver. 

That wasn't your point though. I enjoyed games like Estonia, Austria, Italy, Germany, Wales and others because we won. Did we play great in any of those games? Not really. Did we play nice stuff. Not really. But we won. I have watched Ireland the last 10 years and seen some great nights. I hope Kenny can deliver but I won't judge stringing passes together and playing with fluidity a success if we don't get results.
The point is , it will take time. Im willing to give it time. 3 games in and what Kenny is trying to achieve can be seen. Yes football is a results business, but to me this is not a business, this is my country and Im willing to let a few results go wrong now for the greater good. Our underage is going well and we have lads coming through. We will never beat the world but we can try and I think we will do just that with Kenny.

Edited by Sham157 - 10 Oct 2020 at 1:11am
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 1:56am
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

Originally posted by Dots1982 Dots1982 wrote:

I’m pro Kenny but the anti mick stuff is bollocks.

Mick’s Ireland scored in every game but 2. Kenny’s Ireland have scored once in three matches.

This is a project for the next 2 years and I will be patient but the anti mick stuff is bollocks.

Kenny’s Ireland is going to struggle to score. Mark my words.

this is stupid comparison, and ultimately the two games Micks team failed to score in were arguably two of the more key games

we were lucky to score in Gibraltar
we were unlucky to score the other night

Every game mick managed for was a qualifier so they were all key games. 
RoyD View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 2:04am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

The point is , it will take time. Im willing to give it time. 3 games in and what Kenny is trying to achieve can be seen. Yes football is a results business, but to me this is not a business, this is my country and Im willing to let a few results go wrong now for the greater good. Our underage is going well and we have lads coming through. We will never beat the world but we can try and I think we will do just that with Kenny.
Agreed. Gutted after last nights results. It’s the first time in years we started the game on the front foot trying to play ball against any decent teams. I’d take a few defeats along the way, if it meant enjoying watching Ireland again. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 2:42am
Mick got a raw deal, thrown straight into the qualifiers and a set maximum of games. Mccarthy and Kenny are both victims of FAI's stupid appointment of 2 managers at the same time. 

Should have just went with one or the other instead of trying to please everyone by hiring both for a fair chunk of change, again, JD spending money that is not his
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 7:38am

It was though.LOL
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 8:55am

Sorry but that’s bullshït. You’re happy to lose/draw games so long as the football we play is to your liking? You’re wrong in saying international football is not a business, it is. If the team do well then there’s a bit of happiness in the country among those that care. Before Covid, people went to the games and went to the puns, restaurants, bought gear and travelled abroad to watch the team. Do you think people would be happier with us playing unbelievable football and losing every game 1-0 or would they rather us win games whatever way possible?

Irish football has never been about playing wonderful football. It’s been rough and ready stuff and it’s about beating the better teams by playing to our strengths. Now, it’s never been pretty watching Ireland but as long as we get a result or a win who cares? Do you think people remember the result in Russia in 2011 for anything other than Dunne’s masterclass and last ditch tackles? Do you think if Ireland played Russia off the pitch that night and had 70% possession and 30 shots on goal that people would remember that game? 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 9:08am
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Sorry but that’s bullshït. You’re happy to lose/draw games so long as the football we play is to your liking? You’re wrong in saying international football is not a business, it is. If the team do well then there’s a bit of happiness in the country among those that care. Before Covid, people went to the games and went to the puns, restaurants, bought gear and travelled abroad to watch the team. Do you think people would be happier with us playing unbelievable football and losing every game 1-0 or would they rather us win games whatever way possible?

Irish football has never been about playing wonderful football. It’s been rough and ready stuff and it’s about beating the better teams by playing to our strengths. Now, it’s never been pretty watching Ireland but as long as we get a result or a win who cares? Do you think people remember the result in Russia in 2011 for anything other than Dunne’s masterclass and last ditch tackles? Do you think if Ireland played Russia off the pitch that night and had 70% possession and 30 shots on goal that people would remember that game? 

Jesus another one of the get rid of it brigade.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 9:28am
Just watched the highlights back here: https://youtu.be/tYjP2_6fSaE

Watch the goalscoring chances we created. This was a very encouraging performance.

Turn it off after 4 minutes to avoid the penalties.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 139>
  Share Topic