You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slovakia v Ireland, Thursday, 08th October 2020
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia v Ireland, Thursday, 08th October 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 139>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:46pm
Booked hotel this morning ,4 hours on a train from Salzburg .
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Skriniar is a fine defender, and Hamsik was excellent but has possibly deteriorated a bit since his move to China. Dubravka is massively overrated, I actually think he's someone we could target as he makes loads of mistakes, albeit he does have the lucky habit of not seeming to be punished for many of them.
Target how? Take shots on him?

Well it's a tactic we haven't tried in this campaign yet. It might just work.

LOL

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:57pm

Skriniar is a fine defender, and Hamsik was excellent but has possibly deteriorated a bit since his move to China. Dubravka is massively overrated, I actually think he's someone we could target as he makes loads of mistakes, albeit he does have the lucky habit of not seeming to be punished for many of them.

Ever heard of crossing the ball? Its quite a popular tactic
We're decent enough..
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Well it's a tactic we haven't tried in this campaign yet. It might just work.

LOL

LOL
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:11pm
What will the ticket situation be like if this one is in Bratislava? 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Like the dome in the Crystal Maze

Image result for crystal maze

Will you start the fans please!!

Edited by Trap junior - 19 Nov 2019 at 11:14pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:13pm
Would have been seeded apparently if this was the old draw with a 3rd place participant qualifying. 
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Pretty much the same as Trnava, there's not a huge difference in the 2 stadiums capacity wise. 

If you mean on here, if we're lucky, it will hit Andorra levels of entitlement and the thread will be deleted. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:21pm
I think they may have been flattered slightly by their two wins over Hungary - there's a touch of the local derby about Cze, SVK, Hungary and Austria where form goes out the window......it would be a bit like us playing Sco, Wales or NI
PJIRELAND View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJIRELAND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:23pm
wouldn’t be too sure that the game will be on the 26th. think UEFA will spread the games out ie 4 on the 26th, 4 on the 27th. Then 2 finals on the 30th, 2 on the 31st. Would be 4 nights TV revenue instead of just 2. 

Edited by PJIRELAND - 19 Nov 2019 at 11:23pm
YBIG Fantasy Football Champion 2013/2014.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Crosby87 Crosby87 wrote:

Ahh beautiful downtown Trnava. Absolute bliss in a can. 

Just looking at the Slovakian message board(s), they are saying the same things about us that we are saying about them...

Link?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by PJIRELAND PJIRELAND wrote:

wouldn’t be too sure that the game will be on the 26th. think UEFA will spread the games out ie 4 on the 26th, 4 on the 27th. Then 2 finals on the 30th, 2 on the 31st. Would be 4 nights TV revenue instead of just 2. 

True, you would imagine they will try to milk it for as much as they can get 
Cliftonville7Ireland View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliftonville7Ireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

If MON wasn't terrible in the Nations League this could have been at the Aviva, but alas
One win and we woukd have been ahead of these
PJIRELAND View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJIRELAND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:37pm
there’s a 6 day window for games so who knows what way they will fix the games. 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:48pm
They originally said the games were going to over the whole window then specifically fixed them all for the 26th and 31st. That's when they should be.
PJIRELAND View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJIRELAND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

They originally said the games were going to over the whole window then specifically fixed them all for the 26th and 31st. That's when they should be.
👍Didn’t realise they had specifically fixed them
For those dates
Cliftonville7Ireland View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliftonville7Ireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Does it piss anyone off they way they couldn’t be on say Saturday 28th and the next saturday. Shafted with days of games right through qualifying and now in the playoff to
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 12:31am
Well, it has to be during the international window, which only has one weekend in it.

To be honest, I think Thursday - Tuesday is the fairest by quite a distance. It means if one semi final goes to extra time and the other doesn't, that the winner of the extra time semi final have as long as possible to recover. That is only right. UEFA could have said they were going to stagger them to maximise TV exposure but they haven't. Now, I can only assume that that is because they have already sold the centralised rights to the playoffs and there is no real extra money to be made by staggering them, but still, it appears to be a decision that was made mostly with the interests of the competing teams in mind, rather than a commercial motive. Obviously, having to travel to Bosnia at three days notice is a bit of a pain in the hole if we end up having to do that, and in that respect the format isn't ideal for travelling fans, but having the playoffs Thursday - Tuesday is the best for the teams. In some ways, it is convenient for travelling fans, in that it allows a good period of time to get between venues (so there is a degree of flexibility in the ways to go), but at the same time, for those who are away at both games, it means they have to spend extra time away. I don't think they gave any consideration to fans in scheduling these games but I think it is likely that they considered it fairer to have them as far apart as possible, in case the semis go to extra time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 139>
  Share Topic