You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ebay purchases and the Wallet Inspector

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ebay purchases and the Wallet Inspector
    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 3:57pm
I want to buy something on Ebay.  Only a bloke in America has what I want so want to buy it.  He claims he doesn't have international purchase set up on his ebay so has contacted me on whatasapp saying he can send me a paypal invoice.  I am reluctant to buy in private and not on ebay as I know on ebay if the goods dont come I will be refunded.  Do you have the same come back on paypal for a private payment for goods?   Just a bit paranoid.  Its for around 200 beans.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I want to buy something on Ebay.  Only a bloke in America has what I want so want to buy it.  He claims he doesn't have international purchase set up on his ebay so has contacted me on whatasapp saying he can send me a paypal invoice.  I am reluctant to buy in private and not on ebay as I know on ebay if the goods dont come I will be refunded.  Do you have the same come back on paypal for a private payment for goods?   Just a bit paranoid.  Its for around 200 beans.

If he sends you an invoice for goods you should be alright to be covered by PayPal.

If you purchased something and would like a refund because you haven't received it, or it's not as described, you can file a dispute in our Resolution Center to start the process of getting your money back. You have 180 days from the transaction date to initiate a dispute.

Also do they have decent reputation on ebay? 

I hope you get your firearm goods sent from America without hassle 

Edited by Deane - 31 Oct 2019 at 4:23pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 4:49pm
Thanks crusty old deane.  Although it says this under what you say about ebay

If you purchased something and would like a refund because you haven't received it, or it's not as described, you can file a dispute in our Resolution Center to start the process of getting your money back.

You have 180 days from the transaction date to initiate a dispute. 

If your eBay payment is complete, but you didn't receive your item, it's not as described or the auction got canceled, you'll need to file a dispute. You can do this in eBay's Resolution Center or the PayPal Resolution Center.

However he will be taking the items off ebay and I wont be buying them through ebay just a private sale so hope it covers that.

Edited by Trap junior - 31 Oct 2019 at 4:52pm

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Thanks crusty old deane.

LOL
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 6:27pm
PayPal threatened to sue me before. I got scammed on accommodation in Poznan for Euro 2012. They wouldn’t refund me. Had to get the money back through my credit card company. PayPal then said I owed them the money instead of pursuing the scammers.

PayPal were harassing me for about two years afterwards until I threatened to sue them for harassment.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

PayPal threatened to sue me before. I got scammed on accommodation in Poznan for Euro 2012. They wouldn’t refund me. Had to get the money back through my credit card company. PayPal then said I owed them the money instead of pursuing the scammers.

PayPal were harassing me for about two years afterwards until I threatened to sue them for harassment.

That doesn't fill me with confidenceShocked

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic