You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Movie Plot Holes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 24>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2023 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Halloween II. Loomis tries to immolate Myers, and presumably accepts that he will go the same way. The explosion looked massive, and we saw Myers emerge from the fire, approaching Laurie, before collapsing. All the while, Loomis is still in the inferno. However, he somehow manages to survive to reappear in Halloween 4 through to 6. He is scarred, and has trouble walking. But it seems impossible that he could survive that sort of intensity for that length of time.

Where was this on?  I saw some of the sequels in the early 90s but never saw them since and they are never shown on tv.  Are they any good?

Favourite Horrors are:

Halloween
The Fog
The Shining

Even that Halloween 3 Return of the Witch I likeLOL

They don't make em like they used to.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2023 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Where was this on?  I saw some of the sequels in the early 90s but never saw them since and they are never shown on tv.  Are they any good?

Favourite Horrors are:

Halloween
The Fog
The Shining

Even that Halloween 3 Return of the Witch I likeLOL

They don't make em like they used to.

I was just going through clips last night. I recall watching it on Netflix in 2021. The second sequel is decent enough, although it was turned into a gore fest, in comparable to the first. The fourth movie is decent, while the fifth wanes. The 6th is a poor movie, with a poor and supernatural plot, which was a sad note for Donald Pleasance to go out on. H20 is the best of the sequels, and you can bin Halloween Resurrection.

The Season of the Witch is a great movie, and as I understand it was part of a plan to migrate the series away from Michael Myers, and into an anthology like Tales from the Crypt. The audience didn't like it, and couldn't see the obvious links with the first two moves (some Easter eggs), so they Brough Myers back in 1988. Season of The Witch gets better each time you watch it, and it is a genuinely creepy film, which is seen as breaking a massive rule about child death in horror movies.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2023 at 6:22pm
Exorcist 2 - The Heretic. One giant plot hole. Amazing soundtrack.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 9:18pm
“HADDONFIELD IS 150 MILES FROM HERE, HE CANT EVEN DRIVE”

Loomis…. “Maybe somebody in here gave him lessons” 

Myers driving around Haddonfield like the Stig on a Sunday drive 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 9:26pm
At the end of Halloween 3 the doctor was on the phone trying to stop the commercials playing over 3 channels. Sure there was not a one stop shop number that would have controlled the Silver Shamrock commercials all over the US? Also, surely they would have played on more channels. After all, there were vans driving around with loudspeakers telling for kids to go home for the ‘big giveaway’
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 9:42pm
Right lads, they’ve made a proper laugh of us with this original Halloween LOL 

Some observations 

Somebody broke into the hardware shop, in the middle of the day, alarm going off and all. Sign on the door saying “come in we’re open“ 

Just before this Loomis is at the graveyard and himself and the gravedigger discover Judith’s body has been dug up. Judith was an adult, serious pair of jubblies by the way way. Just look at the size of the supposed grave. Use Loomis’s shoes for scale 

Edited by McG - 31 Oct 2023 at 9:43pm
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 9:44pm
In Halloween the weather is very summery.   Illinois in late October would be chilly and miserable I imagine.  When Loomis finds the abandoned trailer and phones the law it looks about 27c outise with blistering sunshine and the sun high in the sky baby.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 9:46pm
Another thing, Haddonfield is awfully sparse. A heavily populated suburban area, well serviced by schools. Yet they can walk down the street for minutes and the only car that passes them, is the conscientious driver Michael Myers

Edited by McG - 31 Oct 2023 at 9:46pm
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 9:47pm
Also why does Loomis go to Judith Myers grave? 

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 9:50pm
I’ve no idea. Who is Laurie to him anyway? Why the obsession? 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 9:57pm
He's a psycho on the rampage and wants to killa  load of randomers. Why doesn't he just run them over in the car?  He is a superb driver and very considerate of obeying speed limits in neighbourhoods with children.   'Slow Down.  Mind that Child!''

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

His patient’s sister. He knows he is coming back, but as I saw it, Loomis was following him blind and hoping to bump into him. He staked out the Myers house for a bit, and I assume the grave visit was just another hunch that Myers might be there.

The reason the hole is small is that it is actually the gravestone that is removed by Myers.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 10:11pm

His patient’s sister. He knows he is coming back, but as I saw it, Loomis was following him blind and hoping to bump into him. He staked out the Myers house for a bit, and I assume the grave visit was just another hunch that Myers might be there.

The reason the hole is small is that it is actually the gravestone that is removed by Myers.

eh?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 10:19pm
Here's another thing.  Michael steals a marked mental hospital car with a  distinctive logo on the sides.
Why wasn't an APB (is that whats it called in America?) put out on the car in Haddonfield?  He would be easy as f**k to spot!

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

eh?

I assume McG meant Loomis, rather than Myers.

Totally agree on the driving around Haddonfield for a day in a marked car.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 10:51pm

Columbo (TV Series 1971–1978) - IMDb

Oh one more thing Sir.

In the end of the movie Loomis shoots Micharla  few times and Laurie is reassured. Then Loomis walks over to the balcony and his face is shocked to see no body.  Laurie starts crying realising its not over after all.

Yet how could she see his reaction and what it meant?  He had his back to her and she was sitting down on the floor in the hallway and Loomis never said a word or looked at her.

Edited by Trap junior - 31 Oct 2023 at 10:51pm

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 11:35pm
And why did Laurie run back into the house with the children after she knew Myers had seen her as he left the first place? Surely she should have looked to get away from there and not put other people in harms way?
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2023 at 7:57am
In the Shining,  how did Jack know Lloyd's name?

Edited by Jackal - 01 Nov 2023 at 7:57am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 24>
  Share Topic