You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Movie Plot Holes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 24>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 9:29am
The choice of a Delorean was strange too. While it looked the part, it was pricey, very underpowered and unreliable. He would of been better off getting something better value, saving his money to buy the plutonium on the black market rather than ripping off the Libyans and getting himself shot. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 12:19pm
deleted- misunderstood original post I was replying to

Edited by Tony Cousins - 18 Nov 2020 at 12:20pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The one that the Doc got sent in from the second film and then the one that Marty goes back in. Am i wrong? Surely they could have used fuel from that one to get the second one up to to 88mph? 

Injuns shot the fuel tank when Marty went back

Yeah but that's what caused the initial headscratcher on how they could fuel it but there was another delorean there already. The one the doc went back to 1855 in after it was struck by lightning in the second film. you'd think there was fuel in that one that they could use in the one with the damaged fuel tank. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 12:45pm
Yeah, I realise now what you meant
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 1:09pm

The one that the Doc got sent in from the second film and then the one that Marty goes back in. Am i wrong? Surely they could have used fuel from that one to get the second one up to to 88mph? 

Yeah but that's what caused the initial headscratcher on how they could fuel it but there was another delorean there already. The one the doc went back to 1855 in after it was struck by lightning in the second film. you'd think there was fuel in that one that they could use in the one with the damaged fuel tank. 

I dont get how it needed uranium was it in the first wan to fuel it?
In the 2nd wan I remember him putting in bananaskins and eggs to fuel it fromt he rubbish bin.
Could they not have used rubbish int he 3rd wan?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

In the 2nd wan I remember him putting in bananaskins and eggs to fuel it fromt he rubbish bin.

Doc upgraded the plutonium reactor to a Mr Fusion in while in 2015.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 1:50pm
also the reactor/mr fusion only powered the flux capacitor, the car still relied on it's own power to get to 88mph.
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 3:44pm
Was the Delorean not powered by cocaine?

In anyway, Austin Powers.

When the fembots are after him, he thinks of "Margaret Thatcher naked on a cold day" to resist their charms. 

How does someone frozen in time from the 60s to the 90s know who Thatcher is? 

I hope someone got fired for that one!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

This was needed to power the flux capacitor and had nothing to do with making the car move. 

And as Sausy said for the second bit. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

Was the Delorean not powered by cocaine?

In anyway, Austin Powers.

When the fembots are after him, he thinks of "Margaret Thatcher naked on a cold day" to resist their charms. 

How does someone frozen in time from the 60s to the 90s know who Thatcher is? 

I hope someone got fired for that one!

Earlier in the film he looks back over the history of what he missed while frozen. It is very much explained 
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 4:12pm
Must have been some refresher course for him to suddenly imagine Thatcher with her kit off.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 10:51pm

Must have been some refresher course for him to suddenly imagine Thatcher with her kit off.

It's a comedy. Plus I'd imagine the first female prime minister would have been a big talking point and a big part of history 
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 6:46pm
The end of the film Argo.

The Americans are on board a jumbo jet, trying to make good their escape from Tehran after the Islamic revolution. Their cover is blown just as they are leaving, so the Iranians give chase.

This amounts to a car chase down the runway. But just as the Iranians catch the plane, it takes off.

According to the film, the Americans are now safe!

What a load of nonsense! 

The plane is still obviously in Iranian air-space, and will be for the next two or three hours! All the Iranians have to do is order the plane to return to the airport! Or send up a fighter to make it return if it doesn't comply!

What's worse is that this film is based on a true story. When Hollywood says something is based on truth, that usually means it's complete fiction. And that's what the chase was - totally made up.

So not only did it not happen, but it made no sense either! 

Some writer or executive decided that the film needed a car chase in order to create a bit of drama and tension.

How bad at film making do you need to be to add a car chase to a political movie, that was so ridiculous it would have been rejected by the makers of the A-Team as derivative!
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 6:56pm
That bit wrecked my head too. I read the book and they actually left Iran in a Delorean.
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

That bit wrecked my head too. I read the book and they actually left Iran in a Delorean.

But what did they use to power the delorean?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 7:05pm

The end of the film Argo.

The Americans are on board a jumbo jet, trying to make good their escape from Tehran after the Islamic revolution. Their cover is blown just as they are leaving, so the Iranians give chase.

This amounts to a car chase down the runway. But just as the Iranians catch the plane, it takes off.

According to the film, the Americans are now safe!

What a load of nonsense! 

The plane is still obviously in Iranian air-space, and will be for the next two or three hours! All the Iranians have to do is order the plane to return to the airport! Or send up a fighter to make it return if it doesn't comply!

What's worse is that this film is based on a true story. When Hollywood says something is based on truth, that usually means it's complete fiction. And that's what the chase was - totally made up.

So not only did it not happen, but it made no sense either! 

Some writer or executive decided that the film needed a car chase in order to create a bit of drama and tension.

How bad at film making do you need to be to add a car chase to a political movie, that was so ridiculous it would have been rejected by the makers of the A-Team as derivative!

Tehran is in the north of the country but even if it wasn't and it was smack bang in the middle of the country, they would not be still in Iranian airspace for 2/3 hours. I know Iran is a large country all the same. 

The car chase is typical Hollywood nonsense but it's a movie not a documentary. 

The most egregious thing about that film was the bit part the Canadian Ambassador played in getting them out when he did far more. It was mostly a Canadian operation with the CIA playing a small role. As far as I remember the Canadians were hopping over it. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 3:58pm
Do ridiculous twists count as plot holes?

In Jennifer 8, Uma Thurman plays a blind woman who has a serial killer out to get her.

In the final scene, she is chased through a building by the killer. She goes out of his view for a second, but he finds her again and gives chase. 

However, once he finally catches up, it turns out that it is no longer Uma Thurman, it's a cop dressed just like Thurman, who kills the killer.

So the plot is, the cops put a blind woman in danger in order to give the killer a "gotcha" moment.

Uma Thurman could have been killed, but it was worth it to prank the killer, instead of just arresting him!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 4:06pm
It's been a long time since I saw it but Prometheus seemed like one massive plot hole.

Maybe someone breaking up with me by text while I was in the cinema watching it has tainted my view of it forever but it was an awful movie IMO.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 24>
  Share Topic