You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irl v Den 18 Nov thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 63646566>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

I witnessed a nasty bit of stuff last night lads.
Was going down the stairs just after the final whistle, was in 515 and used the nearest stairs to there, heard a bit of shouting and then about 7/8 lads came round the corner behind me punching people randomly, knocked 1 guy to the ground with a dig then 4/5 of these Scrotes layed boots into him, punching people with kids holding their hands as they were leaving to go home. Heard one shout BSC as they ran down the rest of the stairs and just mingled into the crowds at street level.
Why do this on your own... 

I was in 514 but didn't notice anything myself. 

What's BSC? 

A crowd of wannabee Danny Dyer's who have inflicted themselves on Bohs
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 1:49pm

Was going down the stairs just after the final whistle, was in 515 and used the nearest stairs to there, heard a bit of shouting and then about 7/8 lads came round the corner behind me punching people randomly, knocked 1 guy to the ground with a dig then 4/5 of these Scrotes layed boots into him, punching people with kids holding their hands as they were leaving to go home. Heard one shout BSC as they ran down the rest of the stairs and just mingled into the crowds at street level.
what do it to anyone
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

on a related point it was 8pm before the stadium was actually full last night. Thats unforgivable 

That's because it was mayhem trying to get in from about 7.15. I left the Beggars about half an hour earlier than normal and only got in a few minutes before the anthems. Lansdowne Road was incredibly poorly organised. Extra barriers and people, being held back at different points. 
Yeah I was well ahead of my usual time heading to the ground and still missed the anthems

Same here. We were what is usually a 15 minute walk away from our seats, left the pub at 19:20, and only got to our seats after the anthems. The Euro 2020 experiment, whatever extra it added, shows that they are better to go with the usual set up.
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

what do it to anyone
Sorry you're right. 
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

same old story. A late dash of guts and an honourable defeat. Not brave enough to take the initiative even with the safety net of a playoff. Can’t fault the players, but very easy to see why mick couldn’t get a gig in the top half of the championship.

It wasn't an honourable defeat, it was a hard fought point. Except the hard fought "give it a lash Jack" point achieved in the last 10 minutes for the third time in this group, was not good enough this time. 

This fixture must be the most drawn fixture in international football. 7 of the last 8 competitive games have finished all square. And yet our management treat them as world beaters. 

This was effectively a 3 team shootout for qualification. We finished 3rd because even though McCarthy was laughing and Keane was snggering and the public were cheering in the Convention Centre when we were put in this group, we were ultimately not good enough to qualify over 8 games. If we can't deal with 2 other rubbish teams in this group, how are we supposed to deal with Spain in Bilbao?

I didn't think the performance in the game was all that impressive either. They showed why they are nothing to be scared of, they came here for a point, and got exactly what they wanted. This was our cup final that we needed to win, and despite a lot of huffing and puffing, we never really looked like we would. What is it about us and 1-1 draws on November 18?

So the time under McCarthy must stretch to another 2 games, or even just 1. 20 years ago, he couldn't qualify from the group when we just had to win the last game. We got another 1-1 draw and another playoff then, but it was no consolation, as most thought our chance had come and gone. It's hard to believe the playoff this time will be any different. 

Edited by planning - 19 Nov 2019 at 2:30pm
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
BlackrockSC View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackrockSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 3:07pm
Would anyone else like to back up Greenlads accusations? or are you just gonna take it as gospel because if its on the interenet it must be true, I was in 514 and seen nothing there enough guards and stewards to deal and see with it and im sure people would have recorded it as well in this day and age first thing people do is whip their phone out. 
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 3:10pm
Just coming round and had a watch of it on RTE this morning, my thoughts on last nights.

Danes could have turned it on when they wanted, they spent the majority of the game playing for the draw. They really are a dis-likeable bunch.
Never underestimate Jeff Hendrick's ability to take the pace out of an attack. The guy would slow Lewis Hamilton down. David McGoldrick was forced to come too deep, too often, and I think this would work if Maguire was brought on earlier. He'd have more chance of getting the dart home than Hendrick coming onto any ball he won.
greenscene View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenscene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 3:13pm
It kind of got overlooked in this group, but the key matches IMO were two matches we weren't in. The swiss f**ked away a 3 goal lead against Denmark. They also should have quite easily beaten them in Copenhagen. Switzerland are very much the stand out team of this group, with ourselves and Denmark very much a few steps below quality wise. 
WWW.GREENSCENE.ME
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 3:17pm
Could have been a famous night. Everything went right for us. The players put in a performance and the Danes played exactly like we needed them to, but we still didn't get the win.

Remember years ago people used to give out about Robbie Keane. Well this is what it truly looks like without him. Seven goals in eight games. In the past, he would have been in the right place at the right time to pounce on one of those loose balls in the box last night. Definitely need to find a partner for McGoldrick.

We needed Mick to bring back the Fortress Lansdowne days, but after last night, Denmark have now qualified for three tournaments in Dublin. That's more than the Ireland team has achieved!

Now we'll have to beat someone like Slovakia away in the play-offs. In thirty years we have two wins away from home against that type of opposition - Austria and Wales. I just hope we spend the next three months practicing penalties after the inevitable 1-1 - the National Result.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by greenscene greenscene wrote:

It kind of got overlooked in this group, but the key matches IMO were two matches we weren't in. The swiss f**ked away a 3 goal lead against Denmark. They also should have quite easily beaten them in Copenhagen. Switzerland are very much the stand out team of this group, with ourselves and Denmark very much a few steps below quality wise. 

Actually sent this to a WhatsApp group last night on the way out of the ground. 

Qualification for us was lost by Denmark stealing 4 points off Swiss in two games they were outclassed. Hard to see where we could have picked up more points other than Georgia away which wouldn't have been enough. We're a poor side. They're not great either but they poxed it against the Swiss twice. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 4:26pm

Qualification for us was lost by Denmark stealing 4 points off Swiss in two games they were outclassed. Hard to see where we could have picked up more points other than Georgia away which wouldn't have been enough. We're a poor side. They're not great either but they poxed it against the Swiss twice. 

Bit harsh to say they poxed their away game with a 3 goal comeback in fairness. Unbelievable comeback so late in the game. Imagine if we got that result? There’d be national holiday declared and we'd never shut the fook up about it LOL

Edited by irishmufc - 19 Nov 2019 at 4:27pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 4:29pm

Bit harsh to say they poxed their away game with a 3 goal comeback in fairness. Unbelievable comeback so late in the game. Imagine if we got that result? There’d be national holiday declared and we'd never shut the fook up about it LOL

Just in the context that they were outclassed for 85 minutes in that game before the Swiss imploded. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 4:33pm
We all knew at the time that the 3-3 was a bad result for us; it effectively set Denmark up for the rest of the group. The fact they got that result and the fact Schmeichel won them the home game set them up for the game here. They were blessed to get four points from those two games and they could very easily (and arguably more justifiably) have ended up with none. I'm not bemoaning them their qualification but with fairer results in those two games and they'd have come to Dublin needing a win last night. They certainly rode their luck in qualification more than we did.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 4:35pm

Just in the context that they were outclassed for 85 minutes in that game before the Swiss imploded. 

And the Copenhagen game they were also outclassed, and should have lost that game had it not been for an inspired Kasper Schmeichel.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 4:37pm

I don't like the rotten arrogant sods but they deserve credit for coming back like that. They were certainly poxed in the 1-0 home win against Switzerland alright. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 5:34pm
Think the team gave everything they had yesterday. Workrate was 100% it's probably fair to say that you're not going to get more out of the players we have.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Think the team gave everything they had yesterday. Workrate was 100% it's probably fair to say that you're not going to get more out of the players we have.

I agree, but I think we can be better with some tweaks in personal. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I agree, but I think we can be better with some tweaks in personal. 
I love a good tweak of the personal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 63646566>
  Share Topic