You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irl v Den 18 Nov thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 66>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 11:05am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

4 weeks of hell..........

Team lineups, what Mick will do, how many minutes McCarthy got at Palace etc. etc. 

Image result for scream painting

Plus clinging to the hope every week that Eriksen gets injured, or some other Dane's wife is due a baby that day!
Sponsored Links

GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 11:11am
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

It'll be 0-0. Those predicting an Ireland massacre are forgetting something - Denmark are grim too.

The 5-1 game was a total freak occurrence - as our last fifteen or so meetings with them over the past few years have indicated.

Agree - we won’t lose by more than 2 goals max.
The 5-1 was a one off.

The only way we win is a hard fought 1-0 like the Wales match. 

We have to win - a draw is no good. We're going to have to go for it. If we're a goal or two down and chasing the game we could easily be on the end of another hiding. Denmark have far better players than us. Eriksson on his own is capable of destroying us.

Duffy will be missing too, don't forget.

Duffy is not missing 🤦‍♂️
Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Guppy Guppy wrote:

Denmark are sh*te, one world class player. They’ve already qualified I seriously doubt Denmark are going to give much of a sh*te in Dublin. The issue is we’re sh*ter. We just can’t score goals nor look like we will. We seriously need McCarthy we have for a few years now, Arter as well. Collins isn’t up to this level, he’s just a big lump. McCarthy likes a lump up top but this fella is way off the level we need. 

Delaney and that Sisto bloke are way better than anyone we have. We are in no position to call anyone sh*te, we must be one of if not the worst team in Europe outside of the San Marinos and Gibraltars (who may actually be better than us).
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Icy Bread People Icy Bread People wrote:

Denmark are sh*te, one world class player. They’ve already qualified I seriously doubt Denmark are going to give much of a sh*te in Dublin. The issue is we’re sh*ter. We just can’t score goals nor look like we will. We seriously need McCarthy we have for a few years now, Arter as well. Collins isn’t up to this level, he’s just a big lump. McCarthy likes a lump up top but this fella is way off the level we need. 

Delaney and that Sisto bloke are way better than anyone we have. We are in no position to call anyone sh*te, we must be one of if not the worst team in Europe outside of the San Marinos and Gibraltars (who may actually be better than us).

LOLLOL

f**king hell.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
**** View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 11:39am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

4 weeks of hell..........

Team lineups, what Mick will do, how many minutes McCarthy got at Palace etc. etc. 

Image result for scream painting

I'm looking forward to f**knuttv official 33 minutes long squad prediction and then a 35 minute long team prediction with AKOT 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Icy Bread People Icy Bread People wrote:

LOLLOL

f**king hell.
How many ‘Gibraltars’ is there? 
Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 11:47am
Oh you know what I mean. When was the last time you saw a team play as badly as Ireland do?
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 11:50am

Denmark are absolutely not qualified.  If we beat them, provided Switzerland beat Gib and Georgia, Denmark are out.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

speaking of Georgia, if by some miracle they draw with Switzerland

it would leave our mini league of 3 on 

SUI 5pts +1 GD
DEN 5pts +1 GD
IRL 2pts -2 GD

so we'd have to win by TWO to get out the sh*t

Any win would do us.
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

SUI 5pts +1 GD
DEN 5pts +1 GD
IRL 2pts -2 GD

Any win would do us.

I actually believe that Jimmy Raggatip is correct. According to the rules here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2020_qualifying#Tiebreakers

If we end up on the same amount of points as Denmark and Switzerland, which will happen if:
  • Switzerland beat Gibraltar and then draw with Georgia
  • Denmark beat Gibraltar and lose to Ireland
Then as a tie breaker they look at just the points obtained between the 3 teams concerned to determine who goes through as top two teams.

This means that that hypothetical table will stand at this before the game:

SUI 5pts +1 GD
DEN 5pts +1 GD
IRL 2pts -2 GD

Meaning that Ireland will need to beat Denmark by 2 goals to leapfrog them into second.

Basically, what it comes down to (assuming Denmark beat GIB) is:

• If Switzerland take 6 points vs GIB & GEO, we need to beat Denmark to finish second ahead of Denmark.
  • If Switzerland pick up 4 points vs GIB & GEO, we will need to beat Denmark by 2 goals or more.
  • If Switzerland pick up 3 points vs GIB & GEO, we will need to beat an already qualified Denmark.
  • If Switzerland pick up 1 point vs  GIB & GEO, we only need a point vs and already qualified Denmark
  • If Switzerland pick up 0 points vs  GIB & GEO, we've already qualified! Party

I got bored of doing these permutations half way through so feel free to fact check. Pretty sure that's correct though!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 12:56pm
Would it be goal difference to choose top team, then H2H for the next 2?
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by BippityBoop BippityBoop wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

SUI 5pts +1 GD
DEN 5pts +1 GD
IRL 2pts -2 GD

Any win would do us.

I actually believe that Jimmy Raggatip is correct. According to the rules here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2020_qualifying#Tiebreakers

If we end up on the same amount of points as Denmark and Switzerland, which will happen if:
  • Switzerland beat Gibraltar and then draw with Georgia
  • Denmark beat Gibraltar and lose to Ireland
Then as a tie breaker they look at just the points obtained between the 3 teams concerned to determine who goes through as top two teams.

This means that that hypothetical table will stand at this before the game:

SUI 5pts +1 GD
DEN 5pts +1 GD
IRL 2pts -2 GD

Meaning that Ireland will need to beat Denmark by 2 goals to leapfrog them into second.

Basically, what it comes down to (assuming Denmark beat GIB) is:

• If Switzerland take 6 points vs GIB & GEO, we need to beat Denmark to finish second ahead of Denmark.
  • If Switzerland pick up 4 points vs GIB & GEO, we will need to beat Denmark by 2 goals or more.
  • If Switzerland pick up 3 points vs GIB & GEO, we will need to beat an already qualified Denmark.
  • If Switzerland pick up 1 point vs  GIB & GEO, we only need a point vs and already qualified Denmark
  • If Switzerland pick up 0 points vs  GIB & GEO, we've already qualified! Party

I got bored of doing these permutations half way through so feel free to fact check. Pretty sure that's correct though!

Jaysus! The Swiss will draw that Georgia game now surely.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 1:03pm
Hardly worth worrying about as we're going to lose to Denmark 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 1:25pm
Should be interesting to see who is appointed to referee this game. Wouldn't be surprised if its our favourite Turkish referee.
2 host countries playing for one spot.
Who is EUFA's anointed one ?
Has yer man done for us in EUFA ?

Would be a flat draw in December if the hosts are not going to the party ?

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 16 Oct 2019 at 1:26pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Hardly worth worrying about as we're going to lose to Denmark 

We can lose to Denmark and still qualify...! (technically)

Roger Lonnegan View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Lonnegan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 1:30pm
I would play

Randolph
Doherty
Duffy
Egan
Stevens
odowda
McCarthy
hendrick
Mcclean
long
Connolly
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 1:31pm
My team - 5,3,1,1 - 3,5,1,1

Randy

Doherty

Clark
Duffy
Egan

Stevens

McCarthy
Whelan
Brady

Hourihane

McGoldrick

" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 1:34pm
C'mon lads. The quality simply isnt there.

If a miracle happens and we beat denmark, of course I'd be happy but it would also be a complete robbery. 

Watching ireland play is exhausting, I really want to see a clear out and new approach 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 66>
  Share Topic