You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irl v Den 18 Nov thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 66>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 9:16am
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Was thinking at least now Mick will have to go for a win v Denmark, but he has the Nations League to fall back on, so will no doubt try to keep it tight and nick a goal (ie. Our usual game plan).

What does go for a win even mean now? We are so bad it can't all be Mick's fault. I don't think we have it in us to up our game. 
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 9:29am
Sure it was saying on the graphic that Stevens is on a yellow. He only just came back from suspension. Think the production team had wrong information.

Having Duffy back in is helpful, but it is still hard to be too optimistic that we can come up with a team and system that can beat Denmark.
I really think we need wholesale changes to the team and my opinion is why not try now. If we just trod along now with same team and set up we will trod to the play offs and then trod out.

Whereas if we make big changes, dropping non performing players like mcclean, bringing back in Long and McCarthy l, etc. then it might come off and we qualify against denmark, or if not we can tell what worked and what didn’t work. We can even go back to mcclean and the likes.

It won’t happen, but you just feel some things have to change to get this team playing.
I think we can be better than we have been showing 

Edited by t_rAndy - 16 Oct 2019 at 9:30am
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 9:43am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Whereas if we make big changes, dropping non performing players like mcclean, bringing back in Long and McCarthy l, etc. then it might come off and we qualify against denmark, or if not we can tell what worked and what didn’t work. We can even go back to mcclean and the likes.
Drop non performing players - fair enough but why bring back players (Long, McCarthy) who were non-performing aswell ?

Does not make sense.

PS Another 5-1 to Denmark.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 9:53am
It'll be 0-0. Those predicting an Ireland massacre are forgetting something - Denmark are grim too.

The 5-1 game was a total freak occurrence - as our last fifteen or so meetings with them over the past few years have indicated.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

It'll be 0-0. Those predicting an Ireland massacre are forgetting something - Denmark are grim too.

The 5-1 game was a total freak occurrence - as our last fifteen or so meetings with them over the past few years have indicated.

Agree - we won’t lose by more than 2 goals max.
The 5-1 was a one off.

The only way we win is a hard fought 1-0 like the Wales match. 

Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 9:55am
a gallant draw before the knives come out asking why we weren't on the front foot in Georgia
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 9:58am
Denmark are sh*te. We are even more sh*te. 

1-1. One of the great Ireland draws for the ages. We will get outplayed, and go a goal down, then huff and puff in an uncoordinated manner until in the last 5 minutes one of their defenders has a howler. A couple of aimless diagonal balls later, we'll be in the Nations League playoffs.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 9:59am
speaking of Georgia, if by some miracle they draw with Switzerland

it would leave our mini league of 3 on 

SUI 5pts +1 GD
DEN 5pts +1 GD
IRL 2pts -2 GD

so we'd have to win by TWO to get out the sh*t
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 9:59am
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Was thinking at least now Mick will have to go for a win v Denmark, but he has the Nations League to fall back on, so will no doubt try to keep it tight and nick a goal (ie. Our usual game plan).

Exactly my thinking - does anyone know what the permutations are of Micks tenure. I'm not on a witch hunt here, I think he's got a difficult situation. I was just curious.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 10:02am
This was my worry with Mick not bringing the young lads or new players into the squads earlier he was loyal to lads who had beaten Gibraltar and Georgia and had got 2 draws with late goals against the better teams after playing awful.
The new players are not tested and as a result he is slow to use them.

Take Connolly everyone knew he had fierce potential he should have been in the squad for the last round of fixtures and played against Bulgaria and as a result could have then started in Georgia.

He now has to be brave and get the likes of Molumby, Collins and Manning involved even if he won’t play them against the Danes there is the New Zealand game and most likely a play off 5 months later.

We all know how limited the squad is but we have other options both in terms of youth and experience which is not being looked at they surely could help

Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 10:02am
So if we lose are we totally out of the Euros and we can get on with our lives? Or do we still go to stupid play offs. 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Agree - we won’t lose by more than 2 goals max.
The 5-1 was a one off.

The only way we win is a hard fought 1-0 like the Wales match. 

We have to win - a draw is no good. We're going to have to go for it. If we're a goal or two down and chasing the game we could easily be on the end of another hiding. Denmark have far better players than us. Eriksson on his own is capable of destroying us.

Duffy will be missing too, don't forget.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 10:11am
I’m struggling to determine how I’d like to approach it.

A month for Ciaran Clark, James McCarthy, Robbie Brady and Shane Long to force their way into the plans. if they are playing they should be there, if Judge is still on the bench at Ipswich he shouldn’t m, if Collins isn’t scoring at Luton he shouldn’t. 

This has also forced MM’s hand to play Doherty in his natural position. Coleman’s current form would have me less stressed about his absence.

There will be little or no consequential change to the starting team. Hourihane will come back in for Browne, McGoldrick for Collins, And Doherty for Coleman. Robinson is likely to start over Connolly.

After that, it’s about the changes and that’s where Brady, McCarthy or Long May be relevant. And I think it would be ver short sighted to rely on Hogan, Browne and ODowda in a tough situation.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Drop non performing players - fair enough but why bring back players (Long, McCarthy) who were non-performing aswell ?

Does not make sense.

PS Another 5-1 to Denmark.

They are just two names. A lot can happen in a month and maybe these guys would be in a prime position or maybe someone else.
My basic point is some things has to change. And given we have players who are consistently under performing, we should be looking to drop and replace them. 
Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 10:19am
Hendrick and McClean will not be dropped so no point in making up fantasy teams. I think McGoldrick can improve things if he's fit. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Icy Bread People Icy Bread People wrote:

Hendrick and McClean will not be dropped so no point in making up fantasy teams. I think McGoldrick can improve things if he's fit. 

I know and it’ll be a main contributor to our downfall. 

E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 10:28am
We will not win if James McClean starts. 

How could we possibly win when one player is responsible for 25 turnovers against terrible opposition and passes free kicks out of play for other opposition to score against us. Ruins most of our attacks.

No amount of hard work could compensate for that. 

Maguire playing well at LW for Preston. Connolly can play there. Robinson, even Michael Duffy is superior to him.

But he will start along with Micks other favourites. 0-2
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 10:57am
4 weeks of hell..........

Team lineups, what Mick will do, how many minutes McCarthy got at Palace etc. etc. 

Image result for scream painting
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 66>
  Share Topic