Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Switzerland V Ireland match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 46>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 7:09pm
Mick will be happy if we draw it means Denmark have qualified and have nothing to play for in the last game but we still won’t beat them.
Sponsored Links

cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Mick will be happy if we draw it means Denmark have qualified and have nothing to play for in the last game but we still won’t beat them.

Too much bad blood between us and Denmark. I think they’d go full strength and try to knock us out. 
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 7:22pm
can someone answer my question please

Is enda Stevens available 
Pubes View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 7:23pm
what bad blood do they have against us??
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Pubes Pubes wrote:

what bad blood do they have against us??

Do you not remember all the quotes how they hate our style of play? 
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 7:47pm
Shower of ****s they are
Eiredriver View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eiredriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 7:54pm
I really think we will actually win Tuesday night. Reckon the Swiss will bottle under pressure of a Irish Team actually going for a win. They won't have a playbook done in time to deal with the green fire Mick and the boys with bring.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Shower of ****s they are

If you said n.a.z.i’s you’d not be wrong. 

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 8:12pm
Were so down in the dumps but amazingly a win on Tuesday will qualify us 

The game of our lives and a mysterious gypsy curse might not be enough for an Irish win over there 
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 8:20pm
Assuming that Denmark & Switzerland beat Gibraltar AND Switzerland beat Georgia at home:

- Win vs Switzerland - We qualify and the game and our game vs Denmark is a dead rubber.
- Lose vs Switzerland - We must beat Denmark in the final game in which they will need a draw or win in order to qualify.
- Draw vs Switzerland - We must beat Denmark in final game BUT they will have qualified for the Euros three days previously after beating Gibraltar.

-----

Is there enough reward in drawing vs Switzerland to convince McCarthy to settle for the point? I suspect there is.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 8:21pm
Scotland, NI, Wales, or any middle tier nation would absolutely love to be able qualify by winning either of your last two games, one of them at home. We think it's a disaster. LOL

As they are the closest thing to a FIFA eleven it will be interesting to see who the referee is on tuesday. We already saw the nordies being done in the world cup play-off against them.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 8:28pm
Could the players not stand up and say 'mick f**k this we need a win here not play for a f**king draw'
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 8:29pm
Hourihane, Hendrick brutal in midfield and Matt Doherty no left back. 
Enda Stevens back on Tuesday and then where to play Connolly on his own through the middle or part of a 2 upfront. 

Swiss on the floor after tonight they murdered the Danes a sucker punch from Poulsen plus Kaspar master show robbed them.

If someone had given us this chance with 2 games to go we would have bitten their hand off we can do it . 1.35am bus from Loughrea to the Airport then roll on Freiburg and Geneva ybig 
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 8:31pm
I expect Connolly to be playing more of a supporting role.

Looking on from the subs bench. 
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

The game of our lives and a mysterious gypsy curse might not be enough for an Irish win over there 

If you were offered this position right before the start of the campaign.

Eire: After 6 games
Unbeaten
Top of the group
Only conceded 2 goals

2 games left
A v Switz
H v Denmark
Win just one of those and you qualify.
Would you have taken it?

Edited by GB 1HughJarse - 12 Oct 2019 at 8:33pm
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Unbeaten
Top of the group
Only conceded 2 goals

2 games left
A v Switz
H v Denmark
Would you have taken it?

I think most would have taken that. However it doesn't detract from a huge opportunity missed today. Instead of needing a win we would have needed either a win or two draws. Since the start though I have had a feeling its coming down to a one off game against the cocky Danes and almost two years on from the 5-1 disaster maybe it is meant to be that we will take our revenge. Especially after the comments and disrespect they have shown us 
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Unbeaten
Top of the group
Only conceded 2 goals

2 games left
A v Switz
H v Denmark
Would you have taken it?

It's immaterial whether we would have taken it at the start of the campaign, the reality is that before today we were in a position to do even better, but we squandered it.
We're decent enough..
greenscene View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenscene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 8:50pm
Mick will start the same side as tonight except with Stephens in. It will be the equivalent of The Richie Dunne show in a Moscow. We will get butchered for most of the game, the usual brave defending with Egan and Duffy having great games, before conceding with 15 mins to go. They were so technically superior to us in Dublin. For 90% of our competitive minutes under Mick, we have been pretty shambolic. 
WWW.GREENSCENE.ME
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 46>
  Share Topic