You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Switzerland V Ireland match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 444546
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Then at the final whistle, I'd run off the pitch, up into the Sky Studio and kick Roy Keane square in the bollox.

Repeatedly.

I am when I'm wearing Billy's Boots:

P.S. They belonged to Dead-Shot Keen - no relation.

Edited by Territorial - 18 Oct 2019 at 12:43pm
Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Canada and Arfield "the Orange Messi" are not close, - unless of course Hendrick, McClean, Whelan etc defected in Switzerland, never to be seen again a la Fidel's lads to be replaced by PreMadonna, Trap Junior and O'Shea in the midfield three, with Territorial in nets deliberately letting goals in -  and even then Canada would struggle.  

"Deliberately letting them in"?

I'd be hammering them in myself, like Roy Race wearing Billy's Boots.

Then at the final whistle, I'd run off the pitch, up into the Sky Studio and kick Roy Keane square in the bollox.

Repeatedly.

At least we’d all get to watch you stand for Amhran na bhFiann in your capital city. 

Ha!

I remember the first time we played down Mexico way, in 1978. When the band struck up the first notes (Artane Boys?), the lads on the away terrace all sat down on the concrete, then stood up again when it finished, before inflating a load of condoms and throwing them in the air! (You couldn't buy them for love nor money in Holy Mother Oireland in those far-off days).

Of course they didn't play our anthem, so we provided one ourselves:

We're The Best Behaved Supporters In The Land (when we win)
We're The Best Behaved Supporters
Best Behaved Supporters

But We're The Worst Shower Of Bastards (when we lose)
We're The Worst Shower Of Bastards (when we lose)
We're The Worst Shower Of Bastards
The Worst Shower Of Bastards
We're The Worst Shower Of Bastards (when we lose) LOL

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 10:46am
Worst away of my life in Geneva - an absolute sobering experience. 

Been so depressed - haven't even been able to log on here or talk about it.

Mick hasn't a bulls notion, that's just the harsh reality of it. Lots of lads backing him but he is a T-Rex. His tactics and team selection are baffling and embarrassing.

For me:

Randolph, Duffy, Egan & Whelan are the only lads who can take some credibility from the double header. The rest would be lucky to even play for Ireland again. 

Connolly / Stevens get a hall pass - not their fault (either out of position or not played).

Duffy was more creative from CB than all our midfield. Hourihane scapegoated after Georgia - very harsh and didn't see a min. 

The frustrating part for me was watching the Swiss live in 2 games and they didn't impress me at all, like very limited and not great at all. 

I've resigned myself to the playoffs (again there was a huge chance for us break tradition and actually qualify in top 2). 
Anyone who doesn't blame Mick needs to feck off and never come back. You will see this with Kenny. An absolute dinosaur. 

sh*te tactics, sh*te knowledge and sh*te squad.

Edited by kearney304 - 27 Oct 2019 at 10:49am
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 11:37am
I think you're being too generous here Kearney304.

There is very little in the way of competition for certain positions. If mcclean Is out there is no one to replace him, who even plays on the right of midfield, number 9 anyone?

I really don't understand why people cant see the difference between 'working hard and playing well' in games and I would only disagree on that point.

Whelan worked hard in recent games, gave it his all, left nothing in the tank. But he very clearly didn't play well which is self evident when opposition teams were clearly walking through the midfield. Not saying he's the only one to blame here but he does hold the midfield line, or at least he is supposed to.

His lack of pace showed him up countless times, he lost a number of 50/50s., his passing is pretty basic, he doesn't have the energy for 2 games. He doesn't show for the ball, he did have a 10 min spell in the swiss game where he was really good but that's all.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 11:46am
I’m really trying to put the last double header and our poor performances on ice for a few weeks. Let’s see how our players do for their clubs (or don’t do in case they are not playing) and then see what the options are at squad time. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 444546
  Share Topic