You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What date will the 2020 Financial crash be?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Gashley Grimes Gashley Grimes wrote:

I don't want to see my pension statement.

If you are still under 50 now is the time to start upping any AVCs if you can.   Cheap to buy stocks at the moment and given the long horizon of your pension, they should be good value when you come to retire.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 7:04am
Surprisingly the US markets haven’t crashed like they should given the global recession we are about to face.
Amazon is actually at an all time high.

Massive fiscal and monetary stimulus have kept the markets up but the jobless numbers in the US are incredible. Over 20M people claimed filed for unemployment in the last month.

Trump will no doubt keep throwing trillions of dollars at this until the election but you can’t print money indefinitely.

The crash will come soon.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 7:10am
Thing is, he's thrown so much money at it and given so many bailouts at this stage that everyone knows there's not much chance of things going bankrupt, so I reckon most people will stay invested in the big things. Of the S&P currently, the prices are being propped up by the top 5 companies (Amazon, Netflix, Google etc), the rest of the market has had more of a shock than it appears on the surface.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 9:02am
A lot of big companies in America have their Q2 results this week.
- Amazon, FB, Google, MCD etc
It’s a big week for the stock market and election.

Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 9:31am
i'd say we are already in the resession. all of 2021 major commerical construction in Cork put on hold. know of at least 6 major projects in the City on hold. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

i'd say we are already in the resession. all of 2021 major commerical construction in Cork put on hold. know of at least 6 major projects in the City on hold. 

Was out in Cork last night and you wouldn't know, was packed everywhere, couldn't get a walk in to three pubs/bars we tried, we'd booked into two before that and they didn't take walk ins either. 
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 11:06am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

Was out in Cork last night and you wouldn't know, was packed everywhere, couldn't get a walk in to three pubs/bars we tried, we'd booked into two before that and they didn't take walk ins either. 
Here's to Apple Computers, the cause and the solution to all of Cork's problems.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic