You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anthony Scully

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 19>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 4:50pm
gets his 2nd of the game and possibly the winner 
Sponsored Links

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 4:51pm
Could end up being a very good player for us
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 4:54pm
Good to see him up and running. Thinking with Scully was if he could match his goal contribution and general goal tally for Lincoln he would get some Championship interest if he increases it even better again. Taking penalties now too gives him a chance of doing that.  

Might have been a blessing in disguise for him Lincoln not going up they might have signed players and the manager might have had him on the bench. Scully is still young gets another season at a lower level guaranteed game time and hopefully will progress again. 

Appleton did say he had issues with his ability to finish out 90 minutes but in the finish I got the impression that was an Appleton problem and not a Scully one as he’d haul him off first everytime they weren’t winning. If he’s the tally’sman he will be finishing out games this season. 

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Kenny has shown no interest in him to date.

Edited by You Tell Me - 14 Aug 2021 at 4:56pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

He hasn’t but he’s 22. It might be 3 years time before he makes an appearance. He’s still a prospect that looks capable of certainly playing Championship football in time. Another season banging in the goals/a 25 plus goal contribution season like last season for him and he may will attract that interest. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:12pm
I thought his goals to games ratio last season warranted a call up for the June games to be honest. 

It'd be Kenny I'd be critical of in that respect rather than Scully who couldn't have done much more last season really and seems to be continuing that form into this season also.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:18pm

I thought his goals to games ratio last season warranted a call up for the June games to be honest. 

It'd be Kenny I'd be critical of in that respect rather than Scully who couldn't have done much more last season really and seems to be continuing that form into this season also.

I’m shocked LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I’m shocked LOL

Just looking forward to better days ahead under a new manager, hopefully sooner rather than later. Smile
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:24pm
I think Kenny's his only chance of getting a call up while playing for Lincoln to be honest.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:41pm
this is it he’s playing with Lincoln context is needed. We did have League 1 call ups in the squad in attack so I can see the angle. 

If he keeps banging in the goals for them this season then he will eventually go up a division/get that call up. I like Scully he gets that Championship move eventually for me and after that who knows. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:54pm
I don't see how calling up a Lincoln player is ant different to calling up a Portsmouth, Rochdale, Ipswich or MK Dons player to be honest. Hopefully in a few seasons time we'll be back to not calling up League 1 players very often but right now we have no choice but to call up quite a few of them, and he was more deserving of a call up in June based on form than some others who got the call.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:55pm

I don't see how calling up a Lincoln player is ant different to calling up a Portsmouth, Rochdale, Ipswich or MK Dons player to be honest. Hopefully in a few seasons time we'll be back to not calling up League 1 players very often but right now we have no choice but to call up quite a few of them, and he was more deserving of a call up in June based on form than some others who got the call.

Exactly. It was Kenny who called up them players.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 6:14pm
Scully is a very talented player by all accounts and is consistently in and around the goals at league 1 level. He will/should be tested at the higher level in the championship and I feel he'll do very well there too.

The only criticism is his fitness playing 90 mins at a high tempo. He just doesn't last the game.

After the hour He seems to run out of steam and need to take a few minutes to recover. This gets him subbed more often than not.

If he can work on that and manage his fitness better, he'll be brilliant for us.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Scully is a very talented player by all accounts and is consistently in and around the goals at league 1 level. He will/should be tested at the higher level in the championship and I feel he'll do very well there too.

The only criticism is his fitness playing 90 mins at a high tempo. He just doesn't last the game.

After the hour He seems to run out of steam and need to take a few minutes to recover. This gets him subbed more often than not.

If he can work on that and manage his fitness better, he'll be brilliant for us.

Hopefully this season is a turning point in that regard. He's completed the 90 minutes in all three games so far this season.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

...and who would you propose replaces them playing at a higher level? They're not there for the craic. This is where we are at the moment.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

...and who would you propose replaces them playing at a higher level? They're not there for the craic. This is where we are at the moment.

You're reading me wrong. Completely agree with you. I'm giving him credit for calling them up. 
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 7:39pm

Yep even at 21's which is disappointing
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 8:36pm

Yep even at 21's which is disappointing

To be fair to Kenny he did have Idah, parrott and connolly at u21s when he was there. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 19>
  Share Topic