You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anthony Scully

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 7:43am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Pinginí Pinginí wrote:

Should be in the Ireland squad ahead of Ogbene.
Ogbene is in top form, scoring goals and is probably the fastest player we've ever had. He's guaranteed to be picked now, that's a ridiculous statement.

Doesn’t matter what he’s done for Ireland! Scully scores goals in League 1 Ogbene doesn’t.

Exactly, f*ck Ireland. Lincoln is what it's all about.

Well if Scully can do it against Marvin Johnson of Sheffield Wednesday then I'm sure he can do it against Danilo of PSG.
Sponsored Links

1980 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 7:50am

Originally posted by Pinginí Pinginí wrote:

Should be in the Ireland squad ahead of Ogbene.
Ogbene is in top form, scoring goals and is probably the fastest player we've ever had. He's guaranteed to be picked now, that's a ridiculous statement.

Doesn’t matter what he’s done for Ireland! Scully scores Penalties in League 1 Ogbene doesn’t.

Edited for Accuracy.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2021 at 3:05pm
On the Lincoln bench after being injured for several weeks with a recurring knee injury.
Parrott on the bench for MK Dons in the same match, O'Hora and Kioso starting tho.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2021 at 3:16pm
O'Hora with an own goal.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2021 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Good to see him get back, seems like he's been out for months  didn't realise his injury was that bad. 

A lot of postponed games today and as a result a pretty poor showing from an ireland perspective. 

Premier league sees three players on yhe bench (Doherty, Shane Long, idah) Duffy may get the nod in the late game. Connolly.has little chance with welbeck and maupay available again.

Championship sees just Richard keogh on yhe bench but pretty much all games postponed.

League 1 is a little brighter.

Ogbene starts as does ohora. 

Bench sees parrott, scully and kayode as the players of note.
There is a good bit of involvement of Irish players in the SPL too.
Starts for Scales, McCarthy, McEneff, Hayes, Sweeney, Doyle-hayes, McGarth & Co at St Mirren.
No Conor Ronan at St Mirren for the past couple of matches, must be injured or covid or something.

Edited by darman28 - 26 Dec 2021 at 3:34pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 4:00pm
I haven't seen much of him but would like to see Kenny call him up for the March friendlies. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 4:45pm
Would be good to see the rumours of a move to the Championship come to something, really good finish for the goal today.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I haven't seen much of him but would like to see Kenny call him up for the March friendlies. 

Can only play in a front two with someone to play off of, like Mulder.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 9:02pm
Up to 18 contributions for the season now - 12 goals and 6 assists. Only three penalties out of that. And he was out injured for a good few weeks as well. Plenty of options on the left side of our attack but I'd have him in before Horgan or Curtis certainly.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 10:30pm

Scully with another assist today, looks back to his best after injury. I'd like to see him called into the seniors, he'll be playing championship football next year no question. He's too good for league 1.

Would you aye?

Edited by BrendanD88 - 16 Mar 2022 at 10:31pm
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2022 at 5:21pm
Scored the winner for Lincoln City against Charlton.
He hasn't scored since the 8th January but has clocked up a few assists in between that.
Been in and out of the first team recently, most of March actually.
Scully tops the goals and assists charts for Lincoln too.
Hopefully he can finish Lincoln's last five matches on a high and get a move in the summer.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2022 at 5:51pm
Good to see Scully back on the scoresheet today. He hasn't been fully fit since his injuries and is playing with painkiller injections to get him to the end of the season, so mostly restricted to sub appearances as a result. Needs to just get to the end of the season now and hopefully get back fully fit before next season starts.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Good to see Scully back on the scoresheet today. He hasn't been fully fit since his injuries and is playing with painkiller injections to get him to the end of the season, so mostly restricted to sub appearances as a result. Needs to just get to the end of the season now and hopefully get back fully fit before next season starts.

I didn't know any of this, cheers for the update.
I just thought he was being dropped due to form, I noticed Lincoln were tinkering with different formations recently and thought he didn't suit it or something.

This backs up what you were saying after I looked into it.

I think he needs to get out of Lincoln to progress but if he has to wait for his knee to recover he might have to stay there. Maybe at Championship or high end league one team might take a punt on him in August if he has recovered fully by then.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2022 at 6:45pm
Scored again today. See he has been nursing an injury for a while that's why he's been on the bench/his playing time has stalled. Hopefully can finish the season strong like Troy. Is a Championship move in the summer now beyond him? His stats are pretty good for the level and he is still young enough.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2022 at 9:43pm
And he's playing in a Lincoln team that isn't a patch on what they were last season. He's their top goalscorer in the league, has the most assists in the league, and has been having issues with his knee since Christmas.

Coming into the last year of his contract so Lincoln might want to sell and not lose him for nothing next season. But his knee could be an issue and might put teams off buying him in the summer.

Edited by J89 - 18 Apr 2022 at 9:44pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2022 at 5:28pm
His 18 goal contributions is the fifth highest of any Under 23 player across the top four divisions in England.

Decent going considering he missed a chunk of the season to injury, wasn't fully match fit for another part of it and was playing in an unsuccessful team.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2022 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

His 18 goal contributions is the fifth highest of any Under 23 player across the top four divisions in England.

Decent going considering he missed a chunk of the season to injury, wasn't fully match fit for another part of it and was playing in an unsuccessful team.

Also considering he plays wide.
Way I see it, if he's good enough he'll get picked up by a higher-up team.
Hope that happens in Summer..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2022 at 8:37pm

Would like to see him tested in the championship next year. I think already proved himself enough in league 1.

Was heavily linked with Blackburn, I think. Hard to know if that's a good move. Big side at that level but he'd be under pressure to fill the shoes of some of the players they're going to lose. Any way, we'll find out soon enough. The truth is out there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>
  Share Topic