Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anthony Scully

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 10:00pm
Look if your picking players in form then hes top of our list right now. He may be L1 but thats where we are. I dont see any reason he couldn't have been included this time round. Annoying. 
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 10:06pm
It's gas people are up in arms about the exclusion of scully.
Last month it was kilkenny (also funny i don't see anything about the saviour's omission this time round).

People point to goals and stats, he has 6 in 10. He was maybe competing with Will Keane, who has 4 in 9 (comparable) but also 4 assists. 
But probably he was not even competing with Keane as keane appears to be playing as more of a number 10

Edited by t_rAndy - 30 Sep 2021 at 10:07pm
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Last month it was kilkenny (also funny i don't see anything about the saviour's omission this time round).

People point to goals and stats, he has 6 in 10. He was maybe competing with Will Keane, who has 4 in 9 (comparable) but also 4 assists. 
But probably he was not even competing with Keane as keane appears to be playing as more of a number 10

...and it was Obafemi before that in March.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Irish fans wanting something to cheer about.. the absolute hilarity of it.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 11:00pm
Scully has a sorta Dublin accent. Didnt realise that LOL
I love beer gardens
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 11:31pm
Should probably be the squad ahead of Parrott if anyone Smile Parrott should be with the U21s who badly need a striker!
Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Should probably be the squad ahead of Parrott if anyone Smile Parrott should be with the U21s who badly need a striker!

I genuinely think Parrott would be in the 21s squad if he didn't basically bail out the manager against Andorra? That has bought him plenty grace. I think Parrott is showing at MK Dons he's a real nice prospect arguably a cut above League 1 already at 19 (needs to continue that form) he will be a very good player down the line but he's not going to be our saviour anytime soon leave him develop away in peace. Shapes like a confidence player too he comes across as a quiet kid in his interviews.

Edited by kevin100 - 30 Sep 2021 at 11:44pm
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

I genuinely think Parrott would be in the 21s squad if he didn't basically bail out the manager against Andorra? That has bought him plenty grace. I think Parrott is showing at MK Dons he's a real nice prospect arguably a cut above League 1 already at 19 (needs to continue that form) he will be a very good player down the line but he's not going to be our saviour anytime soon leave him develop away in peace. Shapes like a confidence player too he comes across as a quiet kid in his interviews.

Maybe that's it, but we have too many strikers in the squad and I don't think parrott is close to ready yet although he is starting to show some progression. I agree he should be given time and space, the u21s need him and he isn't ready for intl football yet imo. 17yo striker Scarlet played for Spurs tonight btw. Troy is a very good prospect, but he has a way to go, imo Idah is way ahead in terms of his development as he should be given the 12 month age gap.
Idah Dream!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Irish fans wanting something to cheer about.. the absolute hilarity of it.

Can we really second guess that will keane vs. scully are going to be the saviour to end our misfortunes?
If scully was doing the same at a higher level then I would be scratching my head as well but surely this is a case of its a much of a muchness?

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 4:53pm
Another goal....
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Another goal....

Another Peno. His 4th from 7.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 11:29am

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Another goal....

Another Peno. His 4th from 7.

No good to Ireland! We haven’t got a penalty in ten years.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 8:01pm
Nominated for league 1 player of the month according to KennysKids. Cant imagine it'll be long before he's in the contention for the ireland squad.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Nominated for league 1 player of the month according to KennysKids. Cant imagine it'll be long before he's in the contention for the ireland squad.

Nailed on for March, he'd be in already if it wasnt for the fact that he plays the same position as Connolly and the same position Robinson has been playing for West Brom this season. If he was playing off the right, I think he'd be in the squad.
Idah Dream!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 8:19pm
Ronan Curtis was his age when he tearing it up in the same league and he was slow enough to earn a call up, I dont remember as many people in up roar about his exclusions. He has also showed since hes not quite good enough for International level despite being a more than consistent performer in League One since moving to England 4 years ago.I dont suspect Scully will suddenly come in a pulling up trees for us.

Edited by Bandwagon - 06 Oct 2021 at 8:20pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 8:22pm
The truth is out there.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 8:46pm

Ronan Curtis was his age when he tearing it up in the same league and he was slow enough to earn a call up, I dont remember as many people in up roar about his exclusions. He has also showed since hes not quite good enough for International level despite being a more than consistent performer in League One since moving to England 4 years ago.I dont suspect Scully will suddenly come in a pulling up trees for us.
We shall see, he's registering a goal involvement every 120 mins at L1 level for over 15 months now and he was prolific at underage level for west ham, so I'll be surprised if he doesn't move up to Ch'ship level shortly. We have a number of promising young strikers, so hopefully a couple come good. What I like about this kid is that he looks like a natural goal scorer!
Idah Dream!
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 11:18pm

Pretty much how I see it too.The clamor for Scully is unwarranted. Curtis put up basically the same numbers in goals/assists over the last few seasons & hasn't been up to international level.

League 1 strikers are realistically not going to be the solution to our problems, but we find ourselves dipping into that league now for well-discussed reasons.

To be useful to us they must move up & be competitive at least at Championship level, all of them - Curtis, Scully, Parrott, Keane.

I won't discount the possibility of late bloomers of course (McGoldrick, Stevens, Egan, etc), Curtis & Keane could end up being useful.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
  Share Topic