You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anthony Scully

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Will Keane over Scully is a pretty terrible call.

Different types of players. I'm sure Kenny has a plan for how Keane will fit into his plans - so not really.

I'm sure he does have a plan. But if it's like any of his other plans since he got the senior job it will be terrible and he'll have ditched it for some other terrible plan 6 months from now if he's somehow still in the job.

Christ Smile 
Yes - time will tell
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 6:37pm
Scully is clearly a man in form and should be in the squad because of it. Very strange he isnt.
I love beer gardens
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 6:55pm
I fully expect Scully to be in the championship next season either with Lincoln or with someone else. 

Hes definitely one of the best young forwards in league 1. 

Hes a young lad and soon enough it'll be difficult for Kenny to leave him out.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I fully expect Scully to be in the championship next season either with Lincoln or with someone else. 

Hes definitely one of the best young forwards in league 1. 

Hes a young lad and soon enough it'll be difficult for Kenny to leave him out.

Yeah Lincoln are at the wrong end of the table for promotion. Unless they improve the squad in January then Scully will have to move for Championship football. Already lost five of their opening ten games.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 7:10pm
Under every manager there is one player constantly shunned despite good form. Scully is Kenny’s persona non grata it seems.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 7:13pm
Well we cant score for love nor money and he is banging them in LG1 aside. Not a big head scratcher. Get him in why wait.
I love beer gardens
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Under every manager there is one player constantly shunned despite good form. Scully is Kenny’s persona non grata it seems.

One  ?

Obafemi 
Clarke
Hogan 

All to varying degrees 

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

One  ?

Obafemi 
Clarke
Hogan 

All to varying degrees 

Seriously? obafemi, not in the last 3 Swansea match day squads, 1 app, 2 sub, 130 mins this season, 120 mins football all of last season, ffs.

hogan is 29, got his chance previously, 0 goals in 8 intl apps. scored 1 goal since last break in 5 games, in and out of team

Clark fair enough
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

One  ?

Obafemi 
Clarke
Hogan 

All to varying degrees 

hogan is 29, got his chance previously, 0 goals in 8 intl apps. scored 1 goal since last break in 5 games, in and out of team

I'd still pick him over Will Keane.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

One  ?

Obafemi 
Clarke
Hogan 

All to varying degrees 

I'd still pick him over Will Keane.
Of course you would because as far as you are concerned Kenny can do nothing right. Keane is younger, perhaps fits the system better and is posting 1 goal involvement per 135 mins since start of 20/21 season. Hogan 1 every 235 mins albeit in a better league. Hogan got a chance previously 0 goals, 8 caps!
Idah Dream!
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 8:19pm
Hogan was truly awful in an Irish shirt
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

And Clark was the poorest of all the defenders in March. Travers came in for a lot of stick against Serbia but Clark was very poor and probably played his way out of Kenny's plans after that window. Poor going forward with the ball and his defending was poor in March, especially against Serbia for a lad of his experience.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

And Clark was the poorest of all the defenders in March. Travers came in for a lot of stick against Serbia but Clark was very poor and probably played his way out of Kenny's plans after that window. Poor going forward with the ball and his defending was poor in March, especially against Serbia for a lad of his experience.

He had a very poor game in March! I actually have big time for Clark CB is the position Newcastle have the most depth in over the years Schar Lascelles some decent CBs and he's always held his own there and starts regularly for years now! 

I would say he's not the most composed technically best example for Ireland when he nearly scored 2 own goals against Sweden on top of the one he did score eventually. He was all over the shop. A team that wants to pass out from the back like Kenny does needs ball players. 

Il put it this way Egan Duffy Stevens LCB and McClean wing back I could genuinely see Kenny going this way. It will be some craic trying to watch these boys play it out. I don't necessarily think Omobamidele is better then Egan/Duffy/Clark but he's already far better technically even as a kid. That has to be what counts.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 9:02pm
Won't pass comment on this lad not being included as up to about 2 weeks ago I didn't know he existed....

Hasn't stopped others roaring for him to be included but c'est lá vie. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Won't pass comment on this lad not being included as up to about 2 weeks ago I didn't know he existed....

Ah he’s been on the radar since his West Ham days
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 9:26pm

Keep up and you might see why Thumbs Up
I love beer gardens
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

From what I seen in that two weeks he looks bright. Get a move to the championship and might force SKs hand
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 9:54pm

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

From what I seen in that two weeks he looks bright. Get a move to the championship and might force SKs hand

Championship? Surely a move to a team playing in the Champions League is on the cards?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>
  Share Topic