You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anthony Scully

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 4:18pm
With Lincoln down the other end of the table this season wonder will they look to cash in on Scully in January, or wait till next summer as his goals might keep them out of trouble.
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 8:02pm
10 goals so far is pretty good going from scully, I know three of them were cup competition with poor opposition but you still need to put the ball in the next.

Also playing the full 90 mins every game too.

As things stand, he needs to be in the squad for the upcoming internationals. 

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

10 goals so far is pretty good going from scully, I know three of them were cup competition with poor opposition but you still need to put the ball in the next.

Also playing the full 90 mins every game too.

As things stand, he needs to be in the squad for the upcoming internationals. 

4 of them were in the EFL Trophy so don't really count towards much. Its reserve standard at best.

But 6 in 9 League One game is a very good return, even if 2 of them are from Penalties.

Still a better return than Parrott who has 3 in 8 in the same League, one of which was also a Penalty.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 10:40am
Scully has to be there in the next squad even if he isnt going to play. How can you justify the likes of long or Collins in the team when they are old and picking splinters out of their arses sat on the bench for their clubs? Scully is scoring for fun and is a lot more younger and hungrier.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Scully has to be there in the next squad even if he isnt going to play. How can you justify the likes of long or Collins in the team when they are old and picking splinters out of their arses sat on the bench for their clubs? Scully is scoring for fun and is a lot more younger and hungrier.

Tbf Collins is justified on balance but no way should Long be in a squad against Scully at the moment. Long is very much winding down now not playing and Hassenhuttl is quite happy to have him around for experience around the training ground if nothing else! 

Edited by kevin100 - 26 Sep 2021 at 1:23pm
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 1:06pm
Should have been in the squad
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 1:11pm
Horgan who can't get a game for Wycombe ahead of Scully I have to admit I think Kenny might be the master of his own downfall. 
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 1:17pm
it’s clear for a while kenny has no interest in Scully.
A shame.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Horgan who can't get a game for Wycombe ahead of Scully I have to admit I think Kenny might be the master of his own downfall. 

In what way can Horgan not "get a game for Wycombe"? He's played in most of their matches this season. Regardless, himself & Scully aren't in competition for a spot so it's moot.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 1:32pm
Scully and Horgan are both wingers.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 1:33pm

You could be right. About 8 or 9 in that squad who will be of zero use going forward. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 1:53pm
Will Keane over Scully is a pretty terrible call.
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

In what way can Horgan not "get a game for Wycombe"? He's played in most of their matches this season. Regardless, himself & Scully aren't in competition for a spot so it's moot.

Horgan is struggling at Wycombe and they are very much in competition for the same/similar spot. 

Two things bug me about Kenny so far.

1. When he makes substitutions in games he tends to leave it to around the 83rd minute. Far too late.

2. Building for the future means players like Arter, Keane and Horgan (who look to be squad players) should be replaced with younger players.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 2:10pm

Horgan has started 5 of the last 12 games and only played 90 mins in 2 of those in League 1 in the prime of his career and was woefull in his last few games for Ireland. 

Kenny's blind loyalty to Horgan is clear and will be his undoing imo, I am a Kenny fan but he is doing himself no favours, Scully is a much better option but Kenny is using his favourites which is a disgrace at this level of football 
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Different types of players. I'm sure Kenny has a plan for how Keane will fit into his plans - so not really.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 2:39pm

Horgan has started 5 of the last 12 games and only played 90 mins in 2 of those in League 1 in the prime of his career and was woefull in his last few games for Ireland. 

Kenny's blind loyalty to Horgan is clear and will be his undoing imo, I am a Kenny fan but he is doing himself no favours, Scully is a much better option but Kenny is using his favourites which is a disgrace at this level of football 

All our previous managers had their favourites. This isn't something that's unique to Kenny. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Different types of players. I'm sure Kenny has a plan for how Keane will fit into his plans - so not really.

Agreed, I also think Horgan and Scully are very different types of player. I personally wouldn't have Horgan in the squad, but I think Scully is competing with the likes of Connolly and Robinson rather than Horgan. 
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

I'm sure he does have a plan. But if it's like any of his other plans since he got the senior job it will be terrible and he'll have ditched it for some other terrible plan 6 months from now if he's somehow still in the job.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>
  Share Topic