You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anthony Scully

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 19>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 6:18pm
If he keeps this kind of level up he'll be playing in the championship next year with or without Lincoln.

I think there's too much quality in his game to play league 1.

To be fair I wouldn't be surprised if as early as January a bit came in for him 
Sponsored Links

Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 10:11pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 11:01pm
I love beer gardens
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 11:26am
He should definitely be given a go against Qatar
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 11:34am
His two goals came from three shots on target, and he completed more than 90% of his passes: https://twitter.com/irish_abroad/status/1436719418155876358

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Why not give him a start against Azerbaijan, we are out of qualifying with nothing to lose and he is the only Irish striker in any bit of form in a long time. People are raving over Parrot who has scored 2 goals in the same division. Horgan is not even getting his start in the same division and he played about 70 mins overall for us in our last 2 games, no reason why a chance shouldn't be taken here on Scully over the next 2 games.
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 1:22pm
Haven't seen much of him bar the goals in that article, but going on those, he look like he plays Connolly's position. I realise one is in Premiership and one in League 2, but getting no gametime in Premiership and on fire in League 2, the gap mightn't be as wide as it seems.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Haven't seen much of him bar the goals in that article, but going on those, he look like he plays Connolly's position. I realise one is in Premiership and one in League 2, but getting no gametime in Premiership and on fire in League 2, the gap mightn't be as wide as it seems.

League 1.

Regardless if we have players who are getting goals and assists at the moment they really should be called up. We have league 1 players who are not pulling up trees in any way and are still getting called up.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Why not give him a start against Azerbaijan, we are out of qualifying with nothing to lose and he is the only Irish striker in any bit of form in a long time. People are raving over Parrot who has scored 2 goals in the same division. Horgan is not even getting his start in the same division and he played about 70 mins overall for us in our last 2 games, no reason why a chance shouldn't be taken here on Scully over the next 2 games.

I'd have more faith in Scully putting away a half chance than our other strikers at the minute, and he'd be more inclined to try put one top corner if a bit of space opened up for him to shoot from outside the box.

If we are building towards Euro 2024 as Kenny has said then why ain't he being looked at but yet you've Parrott, Horgan, Curtis, Ogbene who all play league one and even Michael Duffy was on standby for the last squad.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 1:49pm
Well he deserves to be in the squad ahead of Cutis, Arter and  Horgan
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 1:58pm
It is a weird one. He has been overlooked every step of the way the last 2 years.
I would have him ahead of most ATM in our squad in terms of goals. 
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

It is a weird one. He has been overlooked every step of the way the last 2 years.

Kenny had him in 21s squad. He has also filtered out loads in the senior squad. Every squad another high profile name drops out. I have no doubt Scully is not being 'overlooked' and Kenny is tracking him very closely.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 2:14pm
Playing devil's advocate, He's been a consistent goalscorer and assist maker last year without being selected to start for Lincoln every game and he would frequently be subbed off too when he did start.

This season he's not only starting games and finishing games but his fitness has seen him become a 90minute player, I dont think he was last season.

He looks to have taken his football up a level this season and has earned an ireland call in my opinion. I think he'd find the championship a place he can score and assist in equal measure. At 22 the premier league might be a good target for him.

4 weeks till the next ireland games and Scully, Bagan and kilkenny need to in that squad and play in the Qatar game.

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 2:22pm
I haven't seen Bagan play. Might stick on the Cardiff game at half past.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Kenny had him in 21s squad. He has also filtered out loads in the senior squad. Every squad another high profile name drops out. I have no doubt Scully is not being 'overlooked' and Kenny is tracking him very closely.

I don't mean he is not being watched just seems to fancy quite a few players over him. I vaguely remember him being in a squad but only after he lost quite a few to the seniors? Ireland vs NZ maybe. But did he not get injured too. 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 2:54pm
I've just seen Anthony's two superb goals from  yesterday on Quest and his part in the other goals was impressive too

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Playing devil's advocate, He's been a consistent goalscorer and assist maker last year without being selected to start for Lincoln every game and he would frequently be subbed off too when he did start.

This season he's not only starting games and finishing games but his fitness has seen him become a 90minute player, I dont think he was last season.

He looks to have taken his football up a level this season and has earned an ireland call in my opinion. I think he'd find the championship a place he can score and assist in equal measure. At 22 the premier league might be a good target for him.

4 weeks till the next ireland games and Scully, Bagan and kilkenny need to in that squad and play in the Qatar game.

Don't think Kilkenny is gonna see much minutes at club level before the next internationals. Wasn't even in the match day squad yesterday and no mention of injuries, unless he was just not 100% after the internationals.

Would like to see Jake Doyle Hayes get a call up and was hoping to see him play today but wasn't in the squad for whatever reason. For all the praise McGrath got last season, Hayes was every bit as good playing in that deeper role and has started the season good for Hibs. Think himself and Cullen could form a good midfield partnership next to each other with McGrath playing more advanced.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Why does Bagan need to be in the squad? Stevens, Doherty, McClean & Manning are all there for the LWB spot.

Also, Kilkenny was left out of the Bournemouth squad entirely yesterday, so his chances of being called up in October took a hit.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 19>
  Share Topic