FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anthony Scully

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:24pm
I think Kenny's his only chance of getting a call up while playing for Lincoln to be honest.
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I thought his goals to games ratio last season warranted a call up for the June games to be honest. 

It'd be Kenny I'd be critical of in that respect rather than Scully who couldn't have done much more last season really and seems to be continuing that form into this season also.

I’m shocked LOL

Just looking forward to better days ahead under a new manager, hopefully sooner rather than later. Smile
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:18pm

I thought his goals to games ratio last season warranted a call up for the June games to be honest. 

It'd be Kenny I'd be critical of in that respect rather than Scully who couldn't have done much more last season really and seems to be continuing that form into this season also.

I’m shocked LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:12pm

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:08pm

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Could end up being a very good player for us

Kenny has shown no interest in him to date.

He hasn’t but he’s 22. It might be 3 years time before he makes an appearance. He’s still a prospect that looks capable of certainly playing Championship football in time. Another season banging in the goals/a 25 plus goal contribution season like last season for him and he may will attract that interest. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Kenny has shown no interest in him to date.

Edited by You Tell Me - 14 Aug 2021 at 4:56pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 4:54pm
Good to see him up and running. Thinking with Scully was if he could match his goal contribution and general goal tally for Lincoln he would get some Championship interest if he increases it even better again. Taking penalties now too gives him a chance of doing that.  

Might have been a blessing in disguise for him Lincoln not going up they might have signed players and the manager might have had him on the bench. Scully is still young gets another season at a lower level guaranteed game time and hopefully will progress again. 

Appleton did say he had issues with his ability to finish out 90 minutes but in the finish I got the impression that was an Appleton problem and not a Scully one as he’d haul him off first everytime they weren’t winning. If he’s the tally’sman he will be finishing out games this season. 

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 4:51pm
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 4:50pm
gets his 2nd of the game and possibly the winner 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 4:30pm
14th goal for Lincoln in just his 27th start to vindicate his place in the starting lineup for the second time this season.
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 8:14am
He must be taking the piss somewhere. 

It would be interesting to hear his parents. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 3:14pm
Doesn’t start in their biggest game of the season yet some were crying about him missing out on our squad.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 12:13pm
I remember watching an interview with him as a young lad and he had an English accent. A year or two later and he has an Irish one. He must switch accents depending on which country he's representing.

He told SunSport: “Sure me mam and dad are from Dublin, so I picked up the accent. A lot of people find it a bit mad.”

After all, he is London-born, a West Ham protege and played for England Under-16s in between representing Ireland’s Under-15s and 17s.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 7:58pm
I would say that Scully has seen the most improvement of any irish player over the last season. Would be good to see this progress continue.

Hes been an agent of hope in an otherwise supernaturally bad year. I would go as far as saying he's been Footballs Best Irishman.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

As a right sided attacker who can hit the net, you’ve got to say he has a good chance of a call up this summer.

Appears early in the highlights here with a nice touch and shot. I think he also got an assist for the first goal

Definitely although if he’s too busy getting promoted with Lincoln for selection it’s not the end of the world. 

Right sided attacker too they are non existent for us. He should have had an assist before they put the ball in the net the 1st time. Grant should have buried the one before it. 

Brennan Johnson looks a fine prospect also will go back to Nottingham Forest next season I suspect. 

Edited by kevin100 - 20 May 2021 at 4:59pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 4:24pm
As a right sided attacker who can hit the net, you’ve got to say he has a good chance of a call up this summer.

Appears early in the highlights here with a nice touch and shot. I think he also got an assist for the first goal

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 3:49pm

Played very well again tonight against Sunderland. Fast and direct going forward, but gets back and helps out the defence as well. Played wide right - a position where we're not overstocked with options. Only 22 as well. I could see him going on to have a better career than some of our more highly rated younger players.

Definitely warrants a call up in June.

He was electric at times last night desperately unlucky not to score early. Has 17 goals and 9 assists this season 26 goal contributions. 

Has all the attributes to develop into a decent attacker the more young attacking prospects we have the better. Hopefully they go up they have a monumental chance of doing so. Would make them favourites against Blackpool. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:53pm
First game isn't until the third. Plenty of time for them to get involved, even if they're a day or two late at the start.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
  Share Topic