You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA football 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 56>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Ah Cavan and Donald Trump - neither know when they are beaten Big smile

How come Conor Madden didn’t start? Completely changed the game.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 2:03pm
The GAA dropped the ball big time not have all Ireland quarter finals. It's likely that Tipp, Meath and Cavan will lose their finals along with Galway but those 3 don't make it often. I understand no back door or super 8's but I thought that was bad form.

Not ideal for Dublin either having a game less to get up and running but in fairness they should hammer meath and beat donegal comfortable. I presume Dublin games will be in croker from now on which will suit them. 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

The GAA dropped the ball big time not have all Ireland quarter finals. It's likely that Tipp, Meath and Cavan will lose their finals along with Galway but those 3 don't make it often. I understand no back door or super 8's but I thought that was bad form.

Not ideal for Dublin either having a game less to get up and running but in fairness they should hammer meath and beat donegal comfortable. I presume Dublin games will be in croker from now on which will suit them. 

Sure what does it matter seeing as all they'll have to do is show up against Meath and then Donegal Confused

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 2:18pm

I'm sorry but just got to ask how did you come to the conclusion thats in bold above?

Now I'm not for 1 second here saying that donegal would beat Dublin if they meet but think the majority would agree that if they do meet that either side would be predicting a "comfortable" win
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 3:24pm

I prefer the championship like this as it’s the old way one game and you’re gone for the year you can’t beat it. It’ll be a Dublin v Mayo All Ireland now. Some people saying if it’s a wet day Mayo might cause a shock but i think a wet day will actually suit the more skilful player but i still give Mayo a good chance of winning as they’re very familiar with Dublin and Croke park.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 16 Nov 2020 at 3:25pm
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 4:30pm
Massive achievement for Mayo after 5 weeks in a row on heavy ground. Not easy done. Connacht Championships more scarce than a few years ago so we will enjoy this one!

Looking forward to 3 weeks time now. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 4:48pm

Your Donegal reference is nonsense.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 4:51pm

LOLLOL

f**king hell. I'd be shocked if there was more than 3/4pts  in it either way if they do meet

Edited by Denis Irwin - 16 Nov 2020 at 4:53pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

I prefer the championship like this as it’s the old way one game and you’re gone for the year you can’t beat it.
While I do love the intensity of straight knockout, it's basically a football championship with about 6 competitive games all year. It's grand when we're squashing it into 6 weeks, but over a summer it'd be fairly sparse. 

You can see how it evolves, goes from "there's only 6 games in GAA", to "we need a way of getting top teams playing each other more often" to "Super 8's with lots of games" to "the games don't matter anymore.

Not sure how ya balance the "we want to see more matches" with "we want intensity"
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 8:08pm
Have the Championship running in the middle of a home and away league campaign like the FA Cup or whatever is run. Provincials intact but straight knockout
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 8:21pm
The one thing that would put the final nail in the coffin of a poxy 2020 would be if Mayo win the All-Ireland!Dead
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

The one thing that would put the final nail in the coffin of a poxy 2020 would be if Mayo win the All-Ireland!Dead

I love the irrational rage that Mayo football seems to bring out in some people LOL
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

LOLLOL

f**king hell. I'd be shocked if there was more than 3/4pts  in it either way if they do meet

I think Dublin will win in roughly the 3-6 point range if they play each other but I wouldn't be shocked if Dublin won by a lot either. It's not impossible for Donegal to win but unlikely in my view. Think it will be a comfortable final for the Dubs too unfortunately Cry
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

LOLLOL

I think Dublin will win in roughly the 3-6 point range if they play each other but I wouldn't be shocked if Dublin won by a lot either. It's not impossible for Donegal to win but unlikely in my view. Think it will be a comfortable final for the Dubs too unfortunately Cry

Ah stop we're not falling for that one ffs LOL

2018 barring replays was the only one we won relatively  comfortably 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 16 Nov 2020 at 9:38pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 10:48pm
In fairness Dinny I'm not trying to plamas ya. I'd fully expect Mayo to get to the final but I really can't see us laying a glove on Dublin. We've a lot of young lads being blooded this year and it would be too soon for them to get to Dublin's level I think. I also look at the second half of last years semi. I would obviously love to be wrong though and if it is a Mayo Dublin final I'll have fully talked myself into believing we're going to do it LOL

I think ye won the 2015 final handy enough to be honest. It might not have looked that way on the scoreboard but it was an horrendous day and I always thought Dublin had Kerry at arms length. I thought the first game last year was turning into a comfortable win for Dublin, despite the 14 men. With 15 minutes to go they were winning by 5 points. They won the replay comfortably enough. I just don't see anyone getting close to them. Maybe Donegal will prove me wrong but I really don't see it being Mayo. Again though, would dearly love to be wrong Big smile
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 11:11pm
I fancy a repeat of the 2012 final

Donegal only win All-Irelands in years when the Democrats win US Presidential elections
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 9:14am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Donegal only win All-Irelands in years when the Democrats win US Presidential elections

As the_walls said to me in 2012, "we out scored Donegal for the last 65 min of a 70 min game".
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 9:39am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

And who won in 2008 and 1996 Sidney Wink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 56>
  Share Topic