You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA football 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 56>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 12:03pm
Top class sh*thousery by Ben McDonnell on Clifford yetserday to get him sent off Clap The old guard would of been proud. Excellent performance from the Dazzler on his own pitch as well. Great to see McShane back too Cool

Edited by bogball88 - 10 Feb 2020 at 12:46pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 12:04pm
Tyrone c**ts.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Top class sh*thousery by Ben McDonnell on Clifford yetserday to get him sent him Clap The old guard would of been proud. Excellent performance from the Dazzler on his own pitch as well. Great to see McShane back too Cool
It was Brian Lohan for the Clare hurlers who introduced that to the game! A free given against him or someone else and he’d be straight in starting a row and the next minute the referee would throw the ball in and he’d more often than not win the ball and drive it 70 yards down the field

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 10 Feb 2020 at 12:37pm
Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 12:47pm

Top class sh*thousery by Ben McDonnell on Clifford yetserday to get him sent him Clap The old guard would of been proud. Excellent performance from the Dazzler on his own pitch as well. Great to see McShane back too Cool

I’d be blaming the 2 umpires to be honest. Right In front of them and they just say the 2 of them were at it. Easy peasy.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 12:58pm

Top class sh*thousery by Ben McDonnell on Clifford yetserday to get him sent off Clap The old guard would of been proud. Excellent performance from the Dazzler on his own pitch as well. Great to see McShane back too Cool

Eamon Sweeney has managed to get an article out of it LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 2:19pm
All we saw on TG4 was the end of the "scuffle" and Clifford being dragged to the the ground
We don't know what went on before that. Not saying anything did, but not many leading the outcry over this sending off are considering that possibility
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 10:08pm
Yeah it's dinosaur umpires hanging refs out to dry. Absolute useless bunch. 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 10:15pm

A moronic comment, no doubt you'd be on here taking issue with it if it happened to be the other way round and it was Tyrone player who had gotten wrongly sent off.

It wasn't top class sh*thousery at all, it was down to incompetence from the referee and umpires and nothing more. 

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

All we saw on TG4 was the end of the "scuffle" and Clifford being dragged to the the ground
We don't know what went on before that. Not saying anything did, but not many leading the outcry over this sending off are considering that possibility
Ciaran Whelan said  on RTE that it  was a terrible decision by the ref 
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

I’m no Kerry Fan but Clifford is way too cute to pick a booking up like this watch he goes around with his hands out all of he time when a scuffle breaks out and gets out of it as quick as he can.
Just watch him in the scuffle at the end of the Dublin game.

It’s a cop out by the umpire he makes no decision just says book the both of them.

Edited by Fruice - 10 Feb 2020 at 10:39pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 10:50pm

Very strange comment when you factor in the numerous media outlets were at the game, pundits and journalists in attendance said it was a disgrace that Clifford got sent off as they saw the event unfolding before their eyes.

The Tyrone player went at Clifford, the worst Clifford could have done was muttered something under his breath to him which isn't going to be seen or be copped so there's no need to consider anything else, it's fairly cut and dry that the Tyrone defender was the aggressor and should have been the only player booked.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 10:54pm
Don’t think it’s that strange a comment
DM mentions Ciaran Whelan above, he was at the Meath Mayo game so probably only saw the end of the scuffle on TG4, as did 99% of people who were outraged by it
No one considering that Clifford could have done something before that 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 11:05pm

Don’t think it’s that strange a comment
DM mentions Ciaran Whelan above, he was at the Meath Mayo game so probably only saw the end of the scuffle on TG4, as did 99% of people who were outraged by it
No one considering that Clifford could have done something before that 

How come the umpires never flagged the referee beforehand so?

If Clifford had of done something worthy of a yellow card or worse the umpires would have flagged the ref no question, they didn't.

Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

I’m no Kerry Fan but Clifford is way too cute to pick a booking up like this watch he goes around with his hands out all of he time when a scuffle breaks out and gets out of it as quick as he can.

It’s a cop out by the umpire he makes no decision just says book the both of them.
i was at the Kerry v Kildare championship game in Killarney in 2018 and Clifford was no angel was getting involved in loads of stuff off the ball and he was the main instigator. Might aswell say while talking about him i don’t see all the hype around him he’s nothing like Colm Cooper I’d also say Michael Meehan was a much more exciting player than Clifford.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 10 Feb 2020 at 11:09pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

i was at the Kerry v Kildare championship game in Killarney in 2018 and Clifford was no angel was getting involved in loads of stuff off the ball and he was the main instigator. Might aswell say while talking about him i don’t see all the hype around him he’s nothing like Colm Cooper I’d also say Michael Meehan was a much more exciting player than Clifford.

He's only just turned 21, give him a decade and see what he achieves before you start comparing to him of one of the greatest forwards ever to play the game. 

Cooper played in a far better Kerry side traditionally than what Clifford is in now also, Cooper was one of many key components in a side full of greats whereas the Kerry team currently are nowhere near the level of the side he played in for the most part.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 11:18pm

The umpires didn’t flag him in to tell him about the Tyrone player pinning Clifford to the ground either. Does this mean he shouldn’t have been booked? 

He was talking to another player when this scuffle happened, he saw part of it and then went and spoke to his umpires. 

SuperDub View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 11:30pm
i

Edited by SuperDub - 10 Feb 2020 at 11:40pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 11:34pm

The umpires didn’t flag him in to tell him about the Tyrone player pinning Clifford to the ground either. Does this mean he shouldn’t have been booked? 

He was talking to another player when this scuffle happened, he saw part of it and then went and spoke to his umpires. 

But he saw part of it, compared to not seeing any of this "hypothetical" situation that may have happened you're talking about.

Because if he had, he wouldn't have needed to speak to any umpires and would have dealt with it himself.

Anyway, for what we saw it was a joke of decision but if something comes out in the media that Clifford threw a punch or whatever in the lead up to the scuffle I will hold my hands and say I was wrong.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 56>
  Share Topic