You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 Rugby World Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 59>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2019 Rugby World Cup
    Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 8:51am
2019 Rugby World Cup

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 8:55am
Starts next Friday with the hosts Japan v Russia.

Huge games on Sat morning:
Argentina v France at 8.15
All Blacks v South Africa in later 10.45

Ireland play Scotland on Sunday morning.

Predictions:
Winner -  All Blacks
How will Ireland do  -  1/4 finals again losing to South Africa 
Surprise package -  I think Wales will get to the 1/2 finals

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 14 Sep 2019 at 9:29am

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 9:04am
Would Wales getting to the semis be a surprise? They are fifth favourites and are more than capable of beating Australia or England.

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 9:15am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Would Wales getting to the semis be a surprise? They are fifth favourites and are more than capable of beating Australia or England.

They're odds on to make the semis 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 9:26am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

They're odds on to make the semis 

Agree, It was the best I could come up with! 
I don’t think we’ll see any major upsets like Japan beating the Saffa’s last time.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 9:31am
Nobody saw it coming then either, which is why it was such a genuine shock! 
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 11:45am
South africa for me, ireland out in  qtr finals..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

South africa for me, ireland out in  qtr finals..

Our group is the best but we have the worst possible 1/4 opponents. The 2 teams most likely to win it.

The other half is very open. Any of the 5 big teams could make the 1/2 finals. 

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 2:53pm
Hard to see beyond the QFs. But at least we can see that this time. Recently we could look beyond the QF, especially if we topped the group, but this is a good focus.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 4:02pm
Bit of a joke when you can predict the 8 quarter finalists now  

Ireland 
Scotland
NZ
S Africa
Australia
Wales
England
France 

Only possibility is Argentina beating France maybe. 

Edited by Baldrick - 14 Sep 2019 at 4:03pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 4:05pm
cant wait for the world cup and it felt like an age since we started our cycle in the 2016 Six Nations and it been a very successful time for the team winning a grand slam, beating the all blacks twice and wins in Austrialia (Series win) and South Africa (1 win and narrow series loss) along with some successful AI wins against these nations and more. We havent hit the lights out in 2019 but seem to be improving just at the right time hopefully. I hate playing Scotland and think next weekends game is going to be tough and we have to be at our best. Always tough playing the hosts Japan who will be fired up and will be going into our game expectantly after hammering Russia in the opener. Russia should be no challenge for us but Samoa will have it challenges. Terrible to think if we do lose our first 2 games than the next 2 will mean sweet FA and be a sad end to Joes reign hopefully it wont come to that and we will be through to the QFs after the first 2 games. If we do make it to the QFs than its really a rock and a hard place situation when we will have to play one of South Africa (who are great form atm and could easily go all the way) or the All blacks (who are the all blacks and nothing needs to be siad), very very slim chance we could play Italy in the QFs but its doubtful. If the 2018 Ireland show up than this campaign could be very intersting and the country could go on a standstill. TIme will tell 

Think England and Wales are in good form and could go far, The Aussies and French are pretty hot and cold but they can improve fast at world cups and Scotland will be a challenge. Argentina have improved a lot and are known for impressing at world cups been torns in our side and getting to the semi finals

QFs
England  (Top Pool D) vs Australia (Runner up Pool C)
South Africa (top Pool B) vs Ireland (Runner up pool A Cry have a feeling Scotland will beat us)
Wales (Top Pool C) vs Argentina (Runner up pool D)
Scotland (Top Pool A) vs New Zealand (Runner up Pool B)

Semis 
England vs South Africa
Wales vs New Zealand

Final- South Africa vs New Zealand with South Africa winning 

please god im wrong and ireland make it to the final 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 4:08pm
Argentina/Scotland double next weekend  is around 8/1. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 4:19pm
Henshaw potential out. Massive blow if that is the case
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 4:40pm
Ah we have good cover at centre. Aki ringrose farrell conway if needed and im sure a replacement will be called in. Wont be a huge disruption i dont think.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 11:56am
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

2019 Rugby World Cup

That selling out of the tricolour (and Amhrán na bhFiann) to appease Unionists Angry

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 2:15pm
It’s not to appease anybody! That’s our flag in rugby, it’s hardly the end of the world. If you want a UI you will have to get used to not having a tricolour.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 2:29pm
They'd want to be playing the theme tune to Rose of Tralee instead of that other tripe....
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 59>
  Share Topic