You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia v Ireland - 12 Oct

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 52>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Being down three of our first choice back four isn't an ideal situation.
Sheffield United have just revealed McGoldrick is out with a groin injury so looks like we'll be missing him for it too. Down to the bare bones at this stage...

Not really.

The 2 center halves should be able to cope in the game against Georgia.

One would hope that we would have more of the ball than them, with Egan being a better footballer than Duffy and Keogh.

McGoldrick is a miss alright.

McGoldrick will be fine. He's a doubt to play this weekend but should be OK in time for the Swiss game at least.

Oh really? Good stuff. Am always just a little worried with the groin injuries as they're the ones that can just rumble on and on.
Sponsored Links

Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by giveittochristie giveittochristie wrote:

Is there a case for bringing back Alex Pearce? He’s the most experienced but a very average defender...

No, and Ciaran Clarke. 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 2:24pm

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Being down three of our first choice back four isn't an ideal situation.
Sheffield United have just revealed McGoldrick is out with a groin injury so looks like we'll be missing him for it too. Down to the bare bones at this stage...

Not really.

The 2 center halves should be able to cope in the game against Georgia.

One would hope that we would have more of the ball than them, with Egan being a better footballer than Duffy and Keogh.

McGoldrick is a miss alright.

McGoldrick will be fine. He's a doubt to play this weekend but should be OK in time for the Swiss game at least.

Oh really? Good stuff. Am always just a little worried with the groin injuries as they're the ones that can just rumble on and on.

Was reading a few bits on Twitter from Chris Wilder who said McGoldrick is a major doubt for this weekend's game but didn't actually rule him out completely which might be reason enough for optimism with our game over two weeks away.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Where does that 14 year old at Bohs play?*

*And don’t say the playground!

Long will most likely start if Duffy and Keogh are out. Without checking I'm guessing that Nathan Collins has as many senior starts in the last 6 months as Long has in the past 2 seasons. Why are we constantly so terrified of playing young players of a good standard.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Ernie Lynch View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Lynch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 2:42pm
The luck of the irish
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 2:46pm
Nathan Collins has captained Stoke in the league, he should be in the squad as back up, Dara O'Shea and Masterson should stay with 21s.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 3:24pm
Balls Duffy is a serious loss and then add Keogh to that 

This is a must win game but now a draw might be hard to achieve 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 3:26pm
Rotten luck:
Probably Coleman Egan Long and Doherty at the back and we’ll have to dig deep. Guarantees that Whelan will start
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 3:27pm
We could be looking at this team for Georgia away:

Randolph
Coleman Egan Long Doherty
Whelan
Robinson Hourihane Hendrick McClean
Collins
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 3:33pm
If we're going to promote an under-21 defender I think that Dara O'Shea is the one who is best suited to adapt to senior football right now. 

Collins is without a doubt our best defensive prospect but he's extremely raw. Masterson hasn't played any senior football so won't be considered.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Rotten luck:
Probably Coleman Egan Long and Doherty at the back and we’ll have to dig deep. Guarantees that Whelan will start

His performance against Switzerland guaranteed that

CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 3:38pm

If we're going to promote an under-21 defender I think that Dara O'Shea is the one who is best suited to adapt to senior football right now. 

Collins is without a doubt our best defensive prospect but he's extremely raw. Masterson hasn't played any senior football so won't be considered.

Would you throw Jimmy Dunne into the mix? Too old for u21s now but he performed well with Hearts/Sunderland last year and is starting for Fleetwood this year on loan from Burnley. Has more first team experience than the three above anyway. 

Realistically it will be Egan and Long providing both are fit.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 3:46pm
I think it would have to be Egan now to step up. He’s been playing consistently at championship level for a couple years and now also in the Prem.
Collins appears to be highly thought of but he has had a stop start career so far, way too early for him this next game.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 3:49pm
Hopefully McGoldricks and Hendricks can both be ok for this one. Thought they stood out.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 3:55pm
Not suggesting that any of the 21s defenders should start but I assume we'll name five centre halves in the squad so one of them will probably make it.

Imagine it will be: Egan, Long, Clark, Pearce (?), one of Collins or O'Shea.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 4:13pm
I’d say Doherty could play cb .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 4:14pm

Not suggesting that any of the 21s defenders should start but I assume we'll name five centre halves in the squad so one of them will probably make it.

Imagine it will be: Egan, Long, Clark, Pearce (?), one of Collins or O'Shea.

I'd say Egan, long, Clark, Lenihan and Collins.

Lenihan has been in the provisional squad so you would assume they'll have a good look at him this weekend.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 7:14pm
Egan and I think Clark he is the most experienced of the rest makes most sense
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 52>
  Share Topic