You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia v Ireland - 12 Oct

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by flaghunter flaghunter wrote:

Anywhere I can watch highlights or the full 90 online?

https://footballhighlightsvideo.com/2019/10/13/georgia-vs-ireland-highlights/
Sponsored Links

Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

I agree about the midfield/lack of service, definitely, but Collins didn’t go off til the 78th minute, so what you’re saying doesn’t add up: if we resorted to playing longball in the second-half (as you say), then, Collins has much more opportunity to benefit from it than Connolly did, yet AC did more in 12 mins than Collins did for the entire game. I think you’re splitting hairs a bit tbh. 

All the best to Collins, but I think he’ll do little or nothing for us. 

Is the 78th minute not in the second half? As the clock wound down more and more long balls were being drilled up the pitch by Randolph.

Collins doesnt benefit from a long ball.  Hes a poacher in the 6 yard box. He works off others getting the ball to him.

Its like when Robbie played up front on his own, completely lost without a Quinn or Doyle player beside him to hold up the play and bring him into it ...or having a winger like Duff beat his man and get a cross into the box for him,.

Theres no point in having a player like Collins up front if he isnt getting fed balls into the box.

Hes not a target man for long ball and hes not one to drop deep into midfield and help dig the midfield out and hold up play the way someone like McGoldrick does.

If we're going for long balls over the top, Connolly can run onto it like he did yesterday, take on his man and have a shot from outside the box.. Collins cant do that, McGoldrick cant do that, Hogan cant do that. Some like Connolly or Long of yesteryear can..  with a bit of pace and skill to beat their man and have a shot..

I hope he gets the service required, and I hope he’ll be as well able to finish as you suggest. 

Edited by Fitz - 13 Oct 2019 at 7:49pm
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

We have too many scapegoats as well. We would want to give it a rest. 

Only lads today that can lift their heads a bit are Duffy, Egan and Connolly. The rest can get f**ked. 

Doherty's name is always mentioned, as is Hendrick's. 

They were no better or worse that the majority.

Except that Hendrick is a serial-offender 

Bar the CB’s who the f**k isn’t? 

Coleman gets a by ball by most despite playing poor in so many games for us. 

Not by me he doesnt. Coleman gives the ball away more than most but everyone just seems to gloss over it. I never hear hom criticised in a tv studio after games.

In Fairness Coleman isn't suited to how Ireland play and its unfair to critique him too harshly, he constantly tries to lead by example and he will take players on in possession, it really isnt his fault the defence drops very deep and the midfield disappears. The style has a knock on effect and he becomes really ineffectual. Same goes for Doherty in my opinion. Whelan likes to hide deep and Hourihane is expecting the ball to move forward faster like Hendrick is (and so they should). Hendrick early was at least trying to be brave but when he did nobody wanted the ball, it really is pissing in the wind to try. You have to give up some of your defensive compactness against a team like Georgia. Having McClean in for a Connolly(or someone who values possession) is pointless and basically having a mentality of conceding you arent going to dominate the ball. The recent trend of team playing one striker aswell has given managers like McCarthy the excuse of playing big donkeys up front as target men, sort of makes 80's football dinosaur tactics seem like 2019 modern tactics but they are totally different
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 11:53pm
mcclean for Connolly!!!!!ok I get it mccleans been muck for us lately but has nobody seen how bad Robinson is....f**k me,id put him up there in the top 5 worst players we've ever capped at senior level.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 3:33am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

mcclean for Connolly!!!!!ok I get it mccleans been muck for us lately but has nobody seen how bad Robinson is....f**k me,id put him up there in the top 5 worst players we've ever capped at senior level.

Robinson was my biggest disappointment on Saturday, and had me thinking to myself has he ever done anything in an Irish jersey 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 7:41am

LOL
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 8:10am

''McClean wasn't the worst out there. Robinson was crap.''

Related image

''They're ALL crap  Mr Juicebomb.''

Image result for dixon in the name of the father

Edited by Trap junior - 14 Oct 2019 at 8:13am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 10:21am
Agree with most of the posts. It was a terrible match and another horrible performance by us. If McClean did lose possession over 25 times I'm not surprised. I have to say him and Whelan were so so poor it was laughable. But what was even more pathetic is Mick didn't sub them. 

And isn't Derrick Williams a CB?? It looked like we went 5 at at the back for the last few mins and played for the 0-0 instead of trying to win?
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 11:08am
On the plus side, that was the most perfect example of the 0-0 result. 

Historians will laud the braveless Irish and Georgian teams of 2019 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

On the plus side, that was the most perfect example of the 0-0 result. 

Historians will laud the braveless Irish and Georgian teams of 2019 

LOL
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 2:37pm

Tbf, he’s being played out of position - he’s not a winger 
Roger Lonnegan View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Lonnegan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 2:47pm

This. Robinson has been a disappointment so far in his 10 caps, a scared player he seems no fighter at all!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Roger Lonnegan Roger Lonnegan wrote:

This. Robinson has been a disappointment so far in his 10 caps, a scared player he seems no fighter at all!

We need more James McClean type players Clap
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

We need more James McClean type players Clap

What, headless chickens who have zero footballing ability? McClean is a busted flush, completely done at this level
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 6:38pm

there's a footballer in there, he has no service. 

He will be 10 times the player when we have some creative midfielders and play on the front foot
Rodneytrotter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodneytrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 7:49pm
what’s happened to Robinson , he’s played well and been lively up-to the last couple of match’s ? He looks like a little boy now amongst men 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Rodneytrotter Rodneytrotter wrote:

what’s happened to Robinson , he’s played well and been lively up-to the last couple of match’s ? He looks like a little boy now amongst men 

The curse of the green shirt 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 8:06pm
Where has be been playing for his club? I know he can play on either wing, or has in the past, but the whole thing looked incredibly lopsided. He certainly never looked comfortable on Saturday.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152>
  Share Topic