Georgia v Ireland - 12 Oct

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:53pm
Arter going to Ibiza LOL
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Can we stop speculating about players. 

Mick has more or less said the team. If 10 of the lads (Enda is out) don't play a single minute between now and Georgia they will all still start. 

The LB position is up for grabs as who may come off the bench. We have to beat Georgia. 

Going to be a horrendous 90 mins of football. 0-1 being the score. 

God help us if we score early (inside first 10 mins) as it will be 90 mins of us standing behind the ball. 

I’m not sure Whelan will start in Tbilisi. He isn’t up to two games in a short space of time and is probably more suited to the second one. McCarthy, if he can get fully fit, stay fit and play some matches, is a possibility, but it is a lot to ask. I can’t see Cullen being thrown in despite last night’s performance, not at this stage. Arter is going to Ibiza that week too. Unless he alters it completely and starts Hourihane and Hendrick deeper and uses an attacker in the hole. ( Feel free to insert GIF) 

Edited by pre Madonna - 11 Sep 2019 at 10:54pm
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Mick has more or less said the team. If 10 of the lads (Enda is out) don't play a single minute between now and Georgia they will all still start. 

The LB position is up for grabs as who may come off the bench. We have to beat Georgia. 

God help us if we score early (inside first 10 mins) as it will be 90 mins of us standing behind the ball. 

God help us if we don’t score...i feel getting out of the group is out best chance of qualifying 
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:34pm

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:05pm
That's fair enough, and I know you appreciate my seal of approval for your modding skills. You will sleep better now, trust me.

I don't expect you to be checking on every single thread. In the last 6 months I have had 2 stalkers on here. One has been banished I believe, robbo (Bhobs reincarnation), the other Dublin Doc - I can't take a sh*the at this stage without him being present. It is comical that one mod, any of them, don't spot such behaviour. I might as well just say it, there's no f*cking way that such behaviour hasn't been spotted.

I generally have no bother at all with such douchebags following me around if they even say 1 constructive thing for every 10 sirmolex comments. That isn't the case though. 

Also, there have been 3 or 4 lads constantly spamming the ROI section with this 'wait til you all get a shock when Stephen Kenny doesn't have us playing like Brazil' nonsense. Same few posters across a few threads. Childish nonsense from the same fellas who whine about others behaviour constantly.

Oh and one more thing, Babbsballs can dere-lick my balls - he's another stalker - really petty comments every so often over a long time span. Painful git.

If you need any modding help in future let me know. I'll clean this place up in no time. 

Yours in modding,
  Hans
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

No problem at all with whatever way you or others decide to mod my posts. I would appreciate though if about 20 posts from 3/4 posters in the past week are also edited/deleted - these posts are repetitive and utter sh*te, constantly going on about how fans will get a shock when Stephen Kenny's team don't look like Brazil.

At least my posts are current, dealing with McCarthys decision to possibly recall a geriatric Stephen Ward. 

Yours in Irish fandom,
  Ireland's number 1 fan, 
     Hans.

I'll sleep that bit easier tonight knowing that you appreciate my modding skills, or lack of same. 

Oddly enough, I don't actually disagree with much you have posted, and on the whole, I'd probably agree with al lot more of your opinions than I would disagree with. The conversation you had with HF above there, 2 different viewpoints, absolutely fine, ye are both well able to argue yer respective corners. I'd like to see more of that here in general, but that's only my personal opinion. 

That is fairly different to what you were at yesterday though, which was mainly posting variations of the same opinion over & over again looking for a bite when few were willing to engage. The first time is usually enough, if you want to make the point again because it's got lost several pages later, also fair enough, posting it every 2nd or 3rd post is spamming & holiday time. 

I don't see each & every thread or post, no more than any of the rest of the mods do, but I'm not singling you out, if I see the same multiple post stuff from other posters repeating the same thing over & over, the same will apply to them. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 8:48pm
Whelan may not play if we go for a more attacking midfield and really go for the win.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 7:00pm

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Why can Whelan not play 2 games in a row? Has he got another part time job midweek or something?

Given that Georgia will be no doubt a tough game, he is 35 and he is generally looking leggy as it is, might be a bridge too far to expect two bit away performances from him. Mick might be tempted to rest him in anticipation of match against the Swiss or let him give it his best against Georgia in the hope we can get the job done there and deal swiss after. I think he will take the latter option 

Genuinely an incredible scenario to be in. You'd say something if we were nursing a player like Paul McGrath through two games over a few days.

Im looking at it through McCarthy’s eyes. 
In reality, there is not much difference in what we will get whether it be Whelan or McCarthy or Cullen. Either of McCarthy or cullen  could be an upgrade in the end. Whelan has the experience going for him

Edited by t_rAndy - 11 Sep 2019 at 7:01pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Why can Whelan not play 2 games in a row? Has he got another part time job midweek or something?

Given that Georgia will be no doubt a tough game, he is 35 and he is generally looking leggy as it is, might be a bridge too far to expect two bit away performances from him. Mick might be tempted to rest him in anticipation of match against the Swiss or let him give it his best against Georgia in the hope we can get the job done there and deal swiss after. I think he will take the latter option 

Genuinely an incredible scenario to be in. You'd say something if we were nursing a player like Paul McGrath through two games over a few days.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 6:49pm

Edited by t_rAndy - 11 Sep 2019 at 6:49pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Jaysus hans take a day off........ 

There have been numerous posts saying that Whelan, our mainstay in midfield, will not be able to play 2 games in the space of 4 days or whatever. This is not an issue though? 

Why would I take a day off? My point is perfectly valid to the topic is it not? 
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 6:30pm

Jaysus hans take a day off........ 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 6:28pm
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 6:23pm
Stevens will defo come in for the Swiss game, Whelan can't play twice, I wouldn't have thought. Then there are risks of suspensions and injuries. I reckon there'll be at least 3 changes.

Who do ourselves and the Swiss have at risk of suspension?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

sure whelan wont be able to play both games so have to see what Mick does there. Also might be a wee problem if Duffy, Hendrick, Hourihane have a lack of gametime before then. Hopefully Duffy wont be dropped for long at Brighton. McGoldrick may see less gametime in the coming months also.

I also don’t think he will play the same side twice. Lots can happen in the first game and Whelan probably hasn’t the legs for 2 tough aways.
But I still think Mick will go with his A team against georgia and then see what he is left with to face the Swiss, rather than resting Whelan against Switzerland, for example .

Going to be a long wait for this match Cry
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Who is  Robertson? 

Brain fart!
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

If there was continuity, the senior side would currently be playing a style of football similar if not identical to the u21s, or vice versa. It really is the furthest thing from continuity. Bizarre that people see it that way.

Continuity doesn’t have to be in every aspect, including style of play. Kenny will essentially be left with an intimate understanding of our youth teams and the MM period permitted that. Once he understands the scope at that level he can make his own decisions as to who will play.

There was no time or reason to start the transition early, as you could be essentially forfeiting a place at the Euros.

Indeed, and we also have a six-game Nations League C campaign for Kenny's first few matches. Plenty of scope to introduce new players.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Yeah it was definitely sticky the last two times we were out there which definitely suited them more than us. That should make a positive difference in the next game. We were marginally the better side when we faced them here in March and I wouldn't be massively upset with a similar performance, albeit of course we did need the free kick to win it.

Ah here. 3-0 would have been a more fair scoreline that night
It was a much improved performance and Ireland were by far the better team, but Georgia had a couple of chances. Randolph made an excellent save and they nearly scored from long range while we never really looked like finishing it off. In fact, our best chance of the game was before we scored and didn’t create too much after scoring. We were the better team, but there could have been no complaints if Georgia had nicked a draw.
To get to three we would have had to create three and I don’t think we did.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152>
  Share Topic