You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Bulgaria match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 15>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:05pm
Agree with that - would like to have another look at Browne though
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:08pm
Some interesting comments from Mick just there
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Synopsis? 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:11pm
Said that hourihane was never in his thoughts as left back. Just wanted to give him minutes. Daft really. He was the one who said he may use him there if he played well. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:12pm
Wasn’t an audition for Hourihane at LB. Just wanted to give his legs minutes. McClean a strong candidate but Wardy too if he will take his call.

More or less told Tony to F off about Parrott (in a nice way) and leave him be with the 21s. 

Might just be me but played down Byrne’s contribution a little.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Synopsis? 

Doesn't want to dismantle the U21 side. Wants Kenny to qualify with them. It also looks like McClean is left back of choice v Georgia.
The only way is up
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:14pm
hes obessed with calling WARDY back up i doubt Confused
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:14pm

Wasn’t an audition for Hourihane at LB. Just wanted to give his legs minutes. McClean a strong candidate but Wardy too if he will take his call.

More or less told Tony to F off about Parrott (in a nice way) and leave him be with the 21s. 

Surely it would have been better to audition someone who can play there?

The rest sounds like common sense responses.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:15pm

He’s 100% right on the 21s lads. 

I knew he’d play down Byrnes contribution, has always felt like he’s only being included as a token gesture. 

I thought Curtis was sh*te tonight, very disappointing
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:23pm
Jack Byrne and Josh Cullen the two biggest positives to take out of tonight. James Collins did alright when he came on too and I would probably have him ahead of the likes of Hogan and O'Brien in the pecking order anyway. Don't think anyone else did themselves any big favours, have only seen Browne play a couple of times but really feel like he can't grab a hold of a game, not that he played particularly bad tonight but thought it might be a good opportunity for him to show off his talents.

Curtis and Hogan fairly poor, Christie not great, Hourihane did not work at left back, O'Dowda showed flashes. All in all a positive night between that and the 21s game. Stephen Kenny could have a nice group of players by the time he takes over with the likes of Byrne, Cullen, Molumby emerging in midfield and Parrott, Connolly, etc up front.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:41pm
Lads ye can’t judge anything on tonight it’s a friendly no pressure great to get lads on the pitch don’t read too much into because you  can be dam sure Mick  isn’t.

3 different goal scorers is the biggest positive for me.

And the 21s victory is just as important.
If we are lucky enough to qualify for the euros they will have to be looked at.

Edited by Fruice - 10 Sep 2019 at 10:42pm
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:42pm
I was at the game,did you ever go to a Ireland match. What a stupid comment
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:46pm
Good win and 3 different goal scorers to top it off.

Friendlies are vital for blooding new players and as pointed 5 players now have caps.

If we can unearth 1 or 2 players to ruffle up the first 11 or skip ahead of certain mainstays in the squad it can only be a positive.

For years I was pulling my hair out on here over the how stale the squad was, players werent picked on merit just out of laziness from the management.

I have no doubt with young lads and new faces in the squad theres a real freshness around the place.

Edited by Green Devil - 10 Sep 2019 at 11:04pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:58pm
Agree GD
If you unearth one or two players in a friendly it’s been successful and we did that tonight
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Agree GD
If you unearth one or two players in a friendly it’s been successful and we did that tonight

I’ve just been looking at the 3-1 victory over Uruguay in June 2017. The team and subs were almost, to a man, the usual suspects that MoN used until the game against the Danes in November 17.

Today actually gives some proper food for thought.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:08pm
There's a reason why Ronan is in League 1 I suppose. Glad to hear about Burke and Cullen. 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:10pm
Enjoyable second half. Scoring more than once is a rare treat! Good win. Good to see new faces. 3rd goal was excellent. Jack Byrne was very good. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:13pm
I actually didn’t think Ronan was that bad
He showed a few decent touches
He isn’t international quality but doesn’t look like a left winger to me either
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 15>
  Share Topic