You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Bulgaria match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:28pm
Byrne can create them, wont be long before he gets a move id say
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:28pm
Byrne has done himself no harm at all. 
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:29pm
Byrne is doing well. Fair play to him.
The only way is up
Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:30pm
Wessiesque ball from Byrne for that goal 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:31pm
Jack Byrne is quality. Simple. Always looking to create. And his deliveries are spot on. Delighted hes played like we know he can.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

What a goal that is! 
Quality.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:32pm
All you Byrne bandwagoners can get off at the next stop.
Phil Babb View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Babb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:35pm
Egan, Cullen and Browne the positives from tonight.

Christie and Judge should be done and dusted
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:38pm
Judge has a nice touch every now and then, but overall doesn't do enough. Byrne showed he's the far better player in his time of the pitch.
We're decent enough..
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Phil Babb Phil Babb wrote:

Curtis not good enough either
The only way is up
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Phil Babb Phil Babb wrote:

Egan, Cullen and Browne the positives from tonight.

Spot on 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:46pm
Anyone think Collins did quite well? His hold-up play looks very good.

Cullen and Byrne the standouts for me, O'Dowda looked useful at times too but probably isn't consistent enough.

Christie not up to it and is rightfully third choice right back. Curtis hasn't looked good enough when given chances.

Travers distribution looks poor but I wouldn't be too critical of him. Hourihane was out of position so would be harsh to criticise him too much. He has certain weaknesses that would be on display no matter what position he plays.

Egan and Long didn't have much to do, wouldn't blame Egan for that penalty either. Not sure about Alan Browne at all, would need another look in a friendly game.

Edited by Maccatacca - 10 Sep 2019 at 9:54pm
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:49pm
Good win. Clear winners and losers for me tonight. 
Losers
Christie,terrible for the goal and just not good enough. 
Curtis,cant understand how he even makes the squad was terrible tonight and just not go enough
Hogan, very poor again and missed a one goal how he is ahead of long is beyond believe
Judge, poor again and in my opinion Byrne better player

Winners
Cullen,very good and tidy in the middle of the park mom award as well
Byrne,I taught he was excellent, quality on the ball
Collins,big and strong held ball up well and got his goal

Mick wont change the starting 11 and wont call up any under21
But Brady, McCarthy, long, arter and Doherty should strengthen the squad.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:59pm
Cullen is the biggest positive by far.

Byrne showed his ability, it was the ideal situation for him and his delivery for the goal, probably our first decent delivery of the match, really gave him confidence. There’s still loads of questions about him.

Hourihane isn’t a left-back. 

Christie is sh*te.

Browne’s not good enough, despite his goal. Hogan isn’t either, despite his wonderful assist. Neither is Curtis.

O’Dowda needs to sort out his club situation. 

I think lads are being very harsh on Travers. He had little to do and was bound to be nervous.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:02pm
Edit

Edited by 9fingers - 10 Sep 2019 at 10:03pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Anyone think Collins did quite well? His hold-up play looks very good.

Cullen and Byrne the standouts for me, O'Dowda looked useful at times too but probably isn't consistent enough.

Christie not up to it and is rightfully third choice right back. Curtis hasn't looked good enough when given chances.

Travers distribution looks poor but I wouldn't be too critical of him. Hourihane was out of position so would be harsh to criticise him too much. He has certain weaknesses that would be on display no matter what position he plays.

Egan and Long didn't have much to do, wouldn't blame Egan for that penalty either. Not sure about Alan Browne at all, would need another look in a friendly game.

I’d have Collins ahead Hogan anyway, looked far more agressive than Hogan ever has in an Ireland shirt. 
Cullen is fine player, Byrne can take apart teams when given time and space, sadly he’s very easy to play against and take out of the game. 
Christie a squad player at best due to being able to play a few different positions. 
Egan looked fine, was decent in possession, Christie f**ked him for the pen 
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:03pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:05pm
Won’t click on the link, but that’s a load of wank. I have said it before about these things, but the ‘journalist’ is usually trying to garner publicity. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>
  Share Topic