You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jason Knight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 59>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 10:14am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Ebosele to Leeds would be a great move for him. Leeds are blooding youngsters quickly, Bielsa coaching and its a position where we are very very light.

I would love some more Irish at Leeds and these two are doing very well. I will be getting if Knight goes to Burnley or somewhere to possibly stagnate.
I really want to see players getting coached in really good footballing teams.
Leeds would definitely be a better move for both. The move to Burnley hasn’t done much for Collins.

Not done much? He's a 20 year old centre half that has played 5 full Premiership games and has probably learned a thing or two from experienced pros in Mee and Tarkowski. And his performances have probably confirmed the extent of his potential to the bigger clubs that have been rumoured to have been sniffing around him previously. It shouldn't be forgotten that the lad selected Stoke over other sides. It worked out. He has selected to go to Burnley. He is well advised. 

I think it has gone almost as well as I could have expected, bar a few more injuries to Meet and Tarkowski which would have given him more matches! 
As long as tarkowski and mee are at Burnley, he’s not getting a regular place no matter how well he does on his odd appearance. 

Tarkowski's contract is up at the end of the season. Even if Burnley stay up, I'd be surprised if he stayed. Collins is in pole position to start next season beside Mee. They might sign cover but I'd be shocked if they stayed up and signed someone to partner Mee over Collins. 
Sponsored Links

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 10:17am

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Ebosele to Leeds would be a great move for him. Leeds are blooding youngsters quickly, Bielsa coaching and its a position where we are very very light.

I would love some more Irish at Leeds and these two are doing very well. I will be getting if Knight goes to Burnley or somewhere to possibly stagnate.
I really want to see players getting coached in really good footballing teams.
Leeds would definitely be a better move for both. The move to Burnley hasn’t done much for Collins.

Not done much? He's a 20 year old centre half that has played 5 full Premiership games and has probably learned a thing or two from experienced pros in Mee and Tarkowski. And his performances have probably confirmed the extent of his potential to the bigger clubs that have been rumoured to have been sniffing around him previously. It shouldn't be forgotten that the lad selected Stoke over other sides. It worked out. He has selected to go to Burnley. He is well advised. 

I think it has gone almost as well as I could have expected, bar a few more injuries to Meet and Tarkowski which would have given him more matches! 
As long as tarkowski and mee are at Burnley, he’s not getting a regular place no matter how well he does on his odd appearance. 

Tarkowski's contract is up at the end of the season. Even if Burnley stay up, I'd be surprised if he stayed. Collins is in pole position to start next season beside Mee. They might sign cover but I'd be shocked if they stayed up and signed someone to partner Mee over Collins. 
Phil jones has been mentioned and I don’t think there is going to be a massive interest in tarkowski. Maybe a newly promoted team.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

The “youth getting a chance” at Leeds is a bit overplayed. Some are currently getting a run as there is a massive injury crisis and even then Lewis Bate was subbed on and off again on Sunday. 
Bielsa rarely throws people straight in. If Knight went to Leeds, he could expect a season of learning before he gets a regular run in the team. The Athletic had an article recently saying that if you go to a Bielsa team, then it will benefit you in the long term but you won’t get fast results

Difference between the likes of Bate who's never played senior football and Knight who's played 100, is captain of a Championship club and a senior international.

Bielsa signs some players who are for development with the 23s like Bate, Gelhardt and Greenwood and some who go into first team contention after a month of so. But the 23s train with the first team and are fully involved so can step up if needed as they are at present. He's given 8 teenagers Premier League debuts this year rather than cancelling games as everyone else is doing, especially the teams with the biggest resources which is laughable really. 

Fair point that Knight is an established pro at this point. My point is more that a lot of signings seem to take time to bed in and learn the structure at Leeds as well as getting up to the pace of Bielsas style of play. So Knight would unlikely be an immediate starter. If he signed this January, we would be hoping to see the benefits from the move next season. 
I’d love to see it happen. Knights energy, ability and attitude honed by Bielsa could have massive potential 

El Puto Amo
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 11:10am
I loved to see knight get a move to PL but he needs to be playing. If he made such a move but wasn't getting much game time, his career could go backwards,  that why I am not sure about the Leeds move. Would he get much game time there?
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 11:17am
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

I loved to see knight get a move to PL but he needs to be playing. If he made such a move but wasn't getting much game time, his career could go backwards,  that why I am not sure about the Leeds move. Would he get much game time there?

Possibly with their injuries yes. Plus Klich is getting on and will quite possibly leave in the summer. Look at the improvement Bielsa has made to the likes of Kalvin Phillips, Stuart Dallas etc. Would be a brilliant move for him imo, the polar opposite of going backwards. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 11:39am
Haven't seen Leeds bidding for Knight reported anywhere. Just the usual tenuous links from questionable sources, sadly.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 11:49am
Leeds with a loan back to Derby for rest of season would be optimal. Leeds have players returning form injury so not sure he’d get too many starts this season. A full preseason with Leeds and he’s be flying :) but as HH said not much in this story.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Haven't seen Leeds bidding for Knight reported anywhere. Just the usual tenuous links from questionable sources, sadly.

It's been reported in both the Telegraph and the Times last month and last weekend. Not that that's necessarily worth anything but it's more than tenuous links from the likes of balls.ie. 

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 19 Jan 2022 at 12:26pm
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 12:51pm
If Rooney gets the Everton gig, would he bring Jason with him? 
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 2:24pm
Having watched him the past few times Derby have been on for my sins .....better off staying where he is and playing games, wouldn't get a look in at Premiership level, nowhere near ready
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 2:53pm
For a club in administration like Derby, is there a rule preventing sale and loan back of players?

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

For a club in administration like Derby, is there a rule preventing sale and loan back of players?

Derby cant register new players as is, I'd imagine the sale of a player and then having him loaned back would class as a new registration.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 4:04pm
Thanks - I think from what I’ve read they’ll need in cash in on a player or two tomorrow to demonstrate they are funds to operate  ntil season end, hedging against a deal not going through by the end of February when they need to advise FA they have the money.
Rooney has been strong on no one leaving though.

So still an unknown if he moves tomorrow- would prefer he stays and plays then rest of season.
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Derby cant register new players as is, I'd imagine the sale of a player and then having him loaned back would class as a new registration.

Not the case. I'm surprised Derby didn't do a similar deal for Knight as this one. Maybe the interest wasn't there.

Edited by KING-CON - 01 Feb 2022 at 10:03am
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 10:08am
To be fair to Knight and also Ebosele it does seem as though both players genuinely wanted to stay with Derby for the rest of the season and try to do what they could for the club that brought them through. I don't know if the interest was actually there to sign Knight this month rather than wait until the summer, but he certainly wasn't pushing for a move.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 10:27am
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Not the case. I'm surprised Derby didn't do a similar deal for Knight as this one. Maybe the interest wasn't there.

not sure Derby’s relegation rivals would view this. Special disposition from the FA so they can get €€ and keep their striker.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 8:42pm
I would call up Ebosele maybe he is a RWB long term but other than Ogbene (Robinson is quick bit not rapid) we really lack pace in attack.

As for Knight he is a starter for me, he should be a premier league player mext season he is good enough.

MacMathuna View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacMathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 11:10am
Derby only 4 points from safety (other teams have games in hand) & talk of Mike Ashley take over.
If they do manage to survive relegation and get taken over I'd imagine they might try hold onto knight that bit harder or at least push the selling price up 3-5 million more.

Sinne Fianna Fil at f gheall ag irinn.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 59>
  Share Topic