You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jason Knight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 59>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 2:57pm
Mid-table championship club picking him up is probably the best he can hope for after spending a season in League 1 and not pulling up any trees. Maybe a Sunderland (if they don't go up) or a Preston would have a go at him.
Sponsored Links

Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 3:56pm
There's a strong sense of deflation around Knight's last year. I wonder does he know his best position himself at this point?
Fingers crossed he get a move to the Championship.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 4:00pm
A very clever player positionally with a good touch, he's easily good enough for a mid-table Championship side assuming he's playing in his natural midfield position. 

He's wasted in defensive positions.

Edited by irishmufc - 07 May 2023 at 4:01pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 9:48pm
Poor season, needs to get out of Derby and get himself an agent who will get him a deal where he primarily plays in his preferred position. He is an 8 imo, not creative enough to be a 10, but has a good engine, reasonable passing range, tenacious and a bit of pace. This season was a wasted one in terms of his development, but he's still very young, so has time!
Idah Dream!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 8:54pm
Derby have exercised an option to extend his contract.
We're decent enough..
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

One would hope that is only to ensure they get a fee. If he stays there, then for me at least, his place in the Irish set up becomes highly questionable. Surely he will move on. There are lads like Azaz and Connell who had better seasons than him in L1. He needs to move this summer, he can't waste another season down there! Who is his agent?
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 10:14pm
Derby were always going to take up the option to ensure they would get more than just the development fee. Still very unlikely that he is there come September.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

One would hope that is only to ensure they get a fee. If he stays there, then for me at least, his place in the Irish set up becomes highly questionable. Surely he will move on. There are lads like Azaz and Connell who had better seasons than him in L1. He needs to move this summer, he can't waste another season down there! Who is his agent?

And to add to that, we had I think 7 midfielders in the Championship this season (Cullen, Molumby, Browne, Smallbone, Hendrick, Szmodics & Coventry).

That number could double next season:
Hodge, Azaz & Phillips will all likely have Championship moves.
McGrath will hopefully get a move away from Wigan.
Jack Taylor has had another good season & is going into the last year of his contract - will likely be sold.
There's chatter that Connell could have done enough to get a move if Barnsley don't go up.

There's Noss & Johansson, too, who will have to get playing, hopefully at an equivalent level.

Then there's a potential wild card with Andy Moran, if he starts breaking into Brighton's team regularly or goes on loan to a good level then he'll become an option.

Playing L1 next season can't be an option for Knight (especially if he's stuck at RWB).
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 4:51am
Any one thinking Knight won't or doesn't deserve to make the next squad is out of their mind.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

And to add to that, we had I think 7 midfielders in the Championship this season (Cullen, Molumby, Browne, Smallbone, Hendrick, Szmodics & Coventry).

That number could double next season:
Hodge, Azaz & Phillips will all likely have Championship moves.
McGrath will hopefully get a move away from Wigan.
Jack Taylor has had another good season & is going into the last year of his contract - will likely be sold.
There's chatter that Connell could have done enough to get a move if Barnsley don't go up.

There's Noss & Johansson, too, who will have to get playing, hopefully at an equivalent level.

Then there's a potential wild card with Andy Moran, if he starts breaking into Brighton's team regularly or goes on loan to a good level then he'll become an option.

Playing L1 next season can't be an option for Knight (especially if he's stuck at RWB).
Nose and Johansson are so far out of the picture that they're not even worth discussing in this context. Not a hope of a cap between the two of them 
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 9:30am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Any one thinking Knight won't or doesn't deserve to make the next squad is out of their mind.
Depends on what you want to base it on.
Basing it on his season in League One you could argue no. But base it on his recent performances for Ireland then yes he still deserves to be the squad IMHO.

I think knight will start with Molumby and Cullen in midfield against Greece if they are 100% fit and available.
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 10:42am

Nose and Johansson are so far out of the picture that they're not even worth discussing in this context. Not a hope of a cap between the two of them 
[/QUOTE]

Was thinking the same. You never know… Owen Garvan could kick on next year! 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Depends on what you want to base it on.
Basing it on his season in League One you could argue no. But base it on his recent performances for Ireland then yes he still deserves to be the squad IMHO.

I think knight will start with Molumby and Cullen in midfield against Greece if they are 100% fit and available.

I'd agree he's safe in the short term and his Irish performances have largely been good, but another season in League One will justifiably raise question marks.

Idah Dream!
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 12:42pm
He’s always performed well for us but he’s never really been linked with many clubs. Some talk of Burnley last year but it was all from unreliable Irish media sources. Are we guilty of overrating him and his level is really League 1? 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

He’s always performed well for us but he’s never really been linked with many clubs. Some talk of Burnley last year but it was all from unreliable Irish media sources. Are we guilty of overrating him and his level is really League 1? 

Considering he's been performing well in the Championship since he was 18, and captained the team by the time he was 19, I'm not sure how the conclusion could be that his level is League 1.
We're decent enough..
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 1:07pm
His performance against France would tell anyone with any idea about football that he is much better than league 1 level .
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

His performance against France would tell anyone with any idea about football that he is much better than league 1 level .

Did Sir Jason start that game?  Can't remember
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 1:49pm

Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Considering he's been performing well in the Championship since he was 18, and captained the team by the time he was 19, I'm not sure how the conclusion could be that his level is League 1.

Why do you think no Championship club has not come in for him?

He was linked with Leeds and some Serie A clubs according to some folks here.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 59>
  Share Topic