Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jason Knight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 59>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 1:13pm
If Derby go up it makes sense for him to stay. Simple.
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 2:10pm
Why are all out Jung players going backwards?

Omobamidele, Parrott, Connolly, Knight, Bazunu, Collins et al.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

It’s something I’ve been thinking about. Injury hasn’t helped one or two, and there are players like Bazunu adjusting to the PL, but there are more than one or two of the new players who have just seemed to slip back or stay static, and I think that is influencing Kenny’s team selection.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 2:42pm
Stating that Jason Knight should have kicked on from Derby isn’t “notions”. He was a young player performing well for Derby he would have had interest and it was pretty well documented Leeds were interested a few years ago! He’s had other links which are less concerete of course!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Latter two players are the only U21 goalkeeper and CB playing regularly for a PL team at the moment! How’s that going backwards? Difficult moments yes but then again when you sign for bottom half teams even gasp “Prem” teams that’s the dynamic!  
Omobamidele = injuries simple as! Still has incredible experience for a 20yo already! 

Parrott = struggled with the step up a small bit but not out of place at Championship level at 20 years old and injury hurt him a bit. 

Connolly = Happens by law of averages to young players unfortunately! 

Knight = not kicking on when he had the chance! Again happens but will be back in the Championship in the next 18 months no doubt!

Bazunu = struggling but is the youngest 1st choice keeper in PL history! A lot being asked of him!

Collins= youngest CB starting regularly for a PL team this season! Hasn’t disgraced himself at all! 

Edited by kevin100 - 03 Jan 2023 at 2:49pm
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 3:39pm
Can we get a moratorium on exclamation points please!

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 4:05pm
Damn right !
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 4:17pm
No guarantees whatsoever that Derby will go up. He should be looking to test himself in a better league at this stage - provided there is someone that wants him.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 2:14pm
On the scoresheet today.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 2:18pm
Handy one for him, but it was his running that got him into that position. Hopefully he will add a few more goals in the second half of the season if he's going to be staying at Derby.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 7:13pm
He could really do with adding more goals and assists to his game. Out of the 13 goals he has scored for Derby, he scored 6 of those in his senior break through season, the last 2 seasons he only scored 2 or 3 goals a season in around 40 appearances each season, his assist numbers are not great either 6 out of 145 appearances and two of them in League One this season.
I know he gets shoe horned around playing different positions but he mostly played as an attacking midfield either on the right, centrally or on the left the odd time.
It is mostly this season he played right back for a spell at the start of the season,  got moved back into midfield, then got injured and just getting back to full fitness now.
That is his second goal in all comps this season, the other goal he score earlier in the season he was playing at Right back when he scored it. Today is his first goal this season playing in an attacking midfield role.
He could do with kicking on a bit, putting in a decent second half of the season and have some decent clubs come in for him for free.
Ireland could do with an on form Jason Knight over the next 5-6 months too.

Edited by darman28 - 08 Jan 2023 at 9:56pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 10:44pm
Played quite well against West Ham tonight I thought, didn't look out of place. Cashin was also good when he came on in the 2nd half.
We're decent enough..
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Played quite well against West Ham tonight I thought, didn't look out of place. Cashin was also good when he came on in the 2nd half.

Yeah the pair of them done well, Hourihane on the other hand was completely anonymous.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 4:29pm
McGoldrick with the hat trick, Collins with another and now Knight making it 5 for mini Ireland.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 9:14pm
Ireby

I'll get my coat
It would damage this forums' reputation
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 11:15pm
dEIREby

grab mine too artie
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2023 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Ireby

I'll get my coat

Embarrassed

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 4:09pm
Assists for Knight and Hourihane, goal for didzy!
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 59>
  Share Topic