Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jason Knight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 59>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Best chance of a start in the short term would probably be Burnley, but obviously that's the best chance of being relegated in May also.

Better to go to Leeds or Everton and play the long game I think. I think he's a good enough player for that level of team, though he may have to wait a while to be a regular starter. I don't watch Leeds often because they have no Irish players at the moment, so not 100% sure what they're like in midfield. They seem to have squad depth issues though.

Not beyond possibility that Rooney could turn up at Everton before long. Rooney really rates him so that could be a good fit if it worked out that way.

They do. Hugh Dallas though he might not see it that way LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

With the injuries mounting at Leeds he might be a choice. Would he fit the Bielsa model of midfielder wrt workrate ?
I'm desperate to have him at Leeds being saying it in Leeds forums for 18 months abouting him and Collins. He would be a perfect fit and would get game time because of his work ethic alone. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Best chance of a start in the short term would probably be Burnley, but obviously that's the best chance of being relegated in May also.

Better to go to Leeds or Everton and play the long game I think. I think he's a good enough player for that level of team, though he may have to wait a while to be a regular starter. I don't watch Leeds often because they have no Irish players at the moment, so not 100% sure what they're like in midfield. They seem to have squad depth issues though.

Not beyond possibility that Rooney could turn up at Everton before long. Rooney really rates him so that could be a good fit if it worked out that way.

Why the f**k would a retired Scottish referee care?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 6:41pm
LOLLOL
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Why the f**k would a retired Scottish referee care?

😂😂 That made me laugh too much. 
PinginĂ­ View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinginĂ­ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 7:38pm
Newcastle would be a good move for him. Massive need for midfielders and would be a good signing for the Championship next year if it goes that way.
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 11:01am
Obviously Leeds would be the best bet long term. Burnley are looking in trouble at the foot of the tabke and Everton are in free fall too. Leeds have a manager in Bielsa who they seem to love, so chances are he's there for a few more years (even though you can never tell with the Premier League). If Biesla pushes to get Knight, then he obviously fancies him and Knight's all action style would certainly suit a Leeds team who play to a very high tempo.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 12:33pm
When you look at the managers of the clubs that he's being linked with then working with Bielsa might be his best bet for helping him further improve as a player.

Wouldn't say Everton have much interest in him and just papers throwing there name about because Rooney is his current manager and will get linked to the job.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 1:43pm
Would definitely take him at Newcastle. Need a player to take games by the scruff of the neck, which from I'll admit only his Ireland appearances and a handful of Derby games, Knight seems to do.

As mentioned early he'd be a player too who wouldn't be too fazed by a potential drop down to the Championship. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 1:48pm
Jurgen Klopp on the phone with Jason this morning  (photo courtesy of Liverpool Echo)

''Jason! Bubby!  You're my white Knight!''

The Ultimate Significance of the Watch in &amp;#39;Die Hard&amp;#39; - Ultimate Action  Movie Club
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 10:40am
https://theathletic.com/3072918/2022/01/16/jack-harrison-is-proof-bielsas-leeds-united-can-be-one-of-the-best-places-for-a-young-footballer-to-develop/

There's an article on the Athletic about how Jack Harrison is showing that playing under Bielsa at Leeds is great for a young player. Most of the article actually focuses on Cody Drameh forcing a loan to Cardiff even though Bielsa wanted him to stay around training with the first team. The last few paragraphs carry some interesting points regarding his investment in youth and ability to get the best from young players. I just feel like Knight is tailor made for Leeds: 

Pascal Struijk, in whom Bielsa has well-established faith, was back from injury and went straight in at centre-back. It might be that Struijk is simply better than Drameh or higher up the pecking order; or that they end up hitting a similar level regardless. But Struijk is a vindication of the slow burn at Leeds, the gradual creep which carries a footballer forward. His appearances have mounted and if he plays at home to Newcastle next weekend, it will be his 50th for Leeds. It took two and a half years after his transfer from Ajax for him to complete 90 minutes for Bielsa’s first team but he has started the car and left the academy behind. If anyone wants a blueprint to believe in, Struijk is one.

Likewise, Jack Harrison, who came to Leeds from Manchester City’s academy in 2018 and levelled up before everyone’s eyes, a 21-year-old to whom Bielsa pinned his colours without hesitation. His first career hat-trick took down West Ham spectacularly, with two bright finishes in the first half and a beautiful chip for his third goal on the hour, just as the home side thought the wind was finally blowing for them. Here was a winger who couldn’t get a start in a past life on loan at Middlesbrough, stealing thunder and moving to within two matches of his 150th Leeds outing.

or some younger players, the London Stadium offered extreme exposure for the second time in a week, a back-and-forward road rash from which Harrison’s goals prised a brilliant 3-2 victory. His opener was followed by a Jarrod Bowen equaliser, coming after Forshaw and Firpo limped off simultaneously: seven days on from making their debuts, Lewis Bate and Leo Hjelde were in the mix again. Harrison wrestled the lead back with a far-post finish before half-time and after Pablo Fornals drew West Ham level again, Harrison buried them with the best of his three strikes. From there Leeds fought like hell, protecting the result their season has been waiting for.

Luke Ayling was Struijk’s tag-team partner in the centre of defence throughout, the pair of them riding the chaos and sharing the fight with Bowen and Michail Antonio. In 2020, I asked Ayling about the academy at Leeds and the way Bielsa was using it. Ayling was nearing the age of 30 and was very grateful to have crossed paths with the Argentinian — but quietly envious too of wet-behind-the-ears team-mates who were being schooled by Bielsa in their teens.

“I’ve got so much energy for the young lads who are getting coached by him,” Ayling said. “To have him at 19 or 20… just imagine what they’re going to go on and do.”

There speaks one with a voice worth listening to.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 10:00pm
Rumors Leeds have made a bid for Knight and also interested in Ebosele
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 11:49pm
Ebosele to Leeds would be a great move for him. Leeds are blooding youngsters quickly, Bielsa coaching and its a position where we are very very light.

I would love some more Irish at Leeds and these two are doing very well. I will be getting if Knight goes to Burnley or somewhere to possibly stagnate.
I really want to see players getting coached in really good footballing teams.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Ebosele to Leeds would be a great move for him. Leeds are blooding youngsters quickly, Bielsa coaching and its a position where we are very very light.

I would love some more Irish at Leeds and these two are doing very well. I will be getting if Knight goes to Burnley or somewhere to possibly stagnate.
Leeds would definitely be a better move for both. The move to Burnley hasn’t done much for Collins.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 8:15am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Leeds would definitely be a better move for both. The move to Burnley hasn’t done much for Collins.

Not done much? He's a 20 year old centre half that has played 5 full Premiership games and has probably learned a thing or two from experienced pros in Mee and Tarkowski. And his performances have probably confirmed the extent of his potential to the bigger clubs that have been rumoured to have been sniffing around him previously. It shouldn't be forgotten that the lad selected Stoke over other sides. It worked out. He has selected to go to Burnley. He is well advised. 

I think it has gone almost as well as I could have expected, bar a few more injuries to Meet and Tarkowski which would have given him more matches! 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 8:21am

The “youth getting a chance” at Leeds is a bit overplayed. Some are currently getting a run as there is a massive injury crisis and even then Lewis Bate was subbed on and off again on Sunday. 
Bielsa rarely throws people straight in. If Knight went to Leeds, he could expect a season of learning before he gets a regular run in the team. The Athletic had an article recently saying that if you go to a Bielsa team, then it will benefit you in the long term but you won’t get fast results
El Puto Amo
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 9:35am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

The “youth getting a chance” at Leeds is a bit overplayed. Some are currently getting a run as there is a massive injury crisis and even then Lewis Bate was subbed on and off again on Sunday. 
Bielsa rarely throws people straight in. If Knight went to Leeds, he could expect a season of learning before he gets a regular run in the team. The Athletic had an article recently saying that if you go to a Bielsa team, then it will benefit you in the long term but you won’t get fast results

Difference between the likes of Bate who's never played senior football and Knight who's played 100, is captain of a Championship club and a senior international.

Bielsa signs some players who are for development with the 23s like Bate, Gelhardt and Greenwood and some who go into first team contention after a month of so. But the 23s train with the first team and are fully involved so can step up if needed as they are at present. He's given 8 teenagers Premier League debuts this year rather than cancelling games as everyone else is doing, especially the teams with the biggest resources which is laughable really. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Not done much? He's a 20 year old centre half that has played 5 full Premiership games and has probably learned a thing or two from experienced pros in Mee and Tarkowski. And his performances have probably confirmed the extent of his potential to the bigger clubs that have been rumoured to have been sniffing around him previously. It shouldn't be forgotten that the lad selected Stoke over other sides. It worked out. He has selected to go to Burnley. He is well advised. 

I think it has gone almost as well as I could have expected, bar a few more injuries to Meet and Tarkowski which would have given him more matches! 
As long as tarkowski and mee are at Burnley, he’s not getting a regular place no matter how well he does on his odd appearance. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 59>
  Share Topic