You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jason Knight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 59>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 9:19pm
Just had Derby on Quest. Didn't see him in play but he had the band. 
Sponsored Links

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 8:51pm
Just after coming  off there now. I was really impressed with him tonight. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Yeah I've seen him a number of times for Derby in the past and he's a beautiful, beautiful player.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:03pm
Seen an interview with Rooney a few weeks ago was asked about the 3/4 younger players and transfer interest and out of them all when asked about Knight Rooney got a bit spicy and said straight out “Knight will not be leaving this football club under any circumstances”. He wasn’t nearly quite as dogmatic about the other lads. 

Roony really rates him and has stated he reminds him of a younger version of himself. Great to hear of him playing regularly and playing well didn’t see tonight’s match now. 

Incidentally the other lad came off the bench tonight Watson isn’t it? 

Edited by kevin100 - 23 Feb 2021 at 9:04pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Yeah I've seen him a number of times for Derby in the past and he's a beautiful, beautiful player.

Just watched the whole game vs Wales for some reason, and he was a great addition in midfield when he came. Brought a lot of energy and craft. And he looks like he’s excited to play for Ireland, which is nice!

High hopes for him.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Just watched the whole game vs Wales for some reason, and he was a great addition in midfield when he came. Brought a lot of energy and craft. And he looks like he’s excited to play for Ireland, which is nice!

High hopes for him.

100% agree with that Declan. Thought he was nervous in the first few minutes then looked like he wanted to take the game on. 

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Seen an interview with Rooney a few weeks ago was asked about the 3/4 younger players and transfer interest and out of them all when asked about Knight Rooney got a bit spicy and said straight out “Knight will not be leaving this football club under any circumstances”. He wasn’t nearly quite as dogmatic about the other lads. 

Roony really rates him and has stated he reminds him of a younger version of himself. Great to hear of him playing regularly and playing well didn’t see tonight’s match now. 

Incidentally the other lad came off the bench tonight Watson isn’t it? 

Ya came on for knight in 90 minute
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 1:26pm
I wonder if he'll get a move when Derby go down? His form hasn't been great this season.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 1:52pm
Derby winning now, which would be enough to keep them up. 

Open to debate whether that's good or bad news for Knight and the three other Irish lads on the bench.

Westwood, Brennan and Hunt look to be going down with Sheffield Wednesday, they need a lot of things to change from here to stay up. Westwood has looked shaky enough today.

Edited by You Tell Me - 08 May 2021 at 1:54pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 2:09pm
Derby have conceded twice shortly after bringing off Knight. Sheffield Wednesday winning 3-2 and both teams going down as it stands.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Derby winning now, which would be enough to keep them up. 

Open to debate whether that's good or bad news for Knight and the three other Irish lads on the bench.

Westwood, Brennan and Hunt look to be going down with Sheffield Wednesday, they need a lot of things to change from here to stay up. Westwood has looked shaky enough today.

Rooney will be sacked if they go down. I’d be very surprised if Knight didn’t get a move if they go down. 

It will almost certainly benefit Watson as Derby have 3 young midfielders who will get snapped up (Knight Bird Sibley). Watson will get gametime from this. Ebosele was likely to start getting handy in Derby’s senior side regardless I suspect it will accelerate it for him too. Cashin I don’t know about hard to know.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 2:28pm
Down to the last few minutes now, Rotherham, with Ogbene, Sadlier and Clarke are gone. Derby staying up as it stands, one goal would save Wednesday and relegate them though.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 2:32pm

Down to the last few minutes now, Rotherham, with Ogbene, Sadlier and Clarke are gone. Derby staying up as it stands, one goal would save Wednesday and relegate them though.

Westwood unlikely to be staying at SW.

Sadlier and Clarke didn't have a future at Championship level. Relegation may benefit them and Ogbene.

Hopefully Knight can rest up, recover, and recapture some of the form that attracted PL interest next season.

Be good if Rooney stays on as well seeing as he's been generous in giving game time to young lads like Cashin, Ebosele and Watson.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 2:33pm
Great escape for Derby and Knight. I think Knight has been poor for the last 10 to 15 games and gets subbed a lot more.

Good that he'll stay in the championship and turn it around .
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 2:35pm
Full time, Derby survive.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Westwood unlikely to be staying at SW.

Sadlier and Clarke didn't have a future at Championship level. Relegation may benefit them and Ogbene.

Hopefully Knight can rest up, recover, and recapture some of the form that attracted PL interest next season.

Be good if Rooney stays on as well seeing as he's been generous in giving game time to young lads like Cashin, Ebosele and Watson.

Most interesting thing about Rotherham going down long term for Ireland is that Kayode who’s having a good season at Carlisle and is catching the eye (been linked with a few Championship clubs) may come back in and get rolling for them. 

I suspect Knight may stay now. Rooney has been good to our youngsters but tbf with Derby’s financial issues I suspect Watson and Ebosele certainly would be in and around the first team next year regardless of manager. 

Derby might be better off selling a young player or two for 10m plus and signing a few competent experienced players with a view to just next season. A very very young squad of players at times a glorified U23 team squad. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 1:34pm
More problems for Derby in terms of financial fair play breaches. Looking at a points deduction next season, possibly a transfer embargo also. Very difficult to see them staying up next season with the current squad, especially if they're starting on a negative points total.

A transfer embargo would likely give more opportunities to the likes of Watson and Ebosele but Knight might not want to wait around for another relegation battle and could move on if there's a decent offer. Didn't have a great end to the season, looked exhausted to be honest, but has probably done enough in the last two years relative to his age to generate some interest from stronger clubs.
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 1:36pm

More problems for Derby in terms of financial fair play breaches. Looking at a points deduction next season, possibly a transfer embargo also. Very difficult to see them staying up next season with the current squad, especially if they're starting on a negative points total.

A transfer embargo would likely give more opportunities to the likes of Watson and Ebosele but Knight might not want to wait around for another relegation battle and could move on if there's a decent offer. Didn't have a great end to the season, looked exhausted to be honest, but has probably done enough in the last two years relative to his age to generate some interest from stronger clubs.
I am not too sure to be honest he is operating at his level at the moment maybe a club might buy him and loan him back to Derby
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 59>
  Share Topic