You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jason Knight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 59>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 1:07pm
Has anybody seen enough of Knight to say whether the above is accurate? I’ve only seen highlights and those seem to show a player with drive, guile, and energy. Haven’t seen much craft and skill. Not saying that’s a bad thing, but would be good to have a grip on the type of player we have on our hands
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Sponsored Links

Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Has anybody seen enough of Knight to say whether the above is accurate? I’ve only seen highlights and those seem to show a player with drive, guile, and energy. Haven’t seen much craft and skill. Not saying that’s a bad thing, but would be good to have a grip on the type of player we have on our hands
I’ve watched him in 6 or 7 full games playing in a variety of positions and I’d say he’s exactly as you describe him with drive guile and energy and he’s good at putting the ball in the net when he gets chances. He’s good on the ball and a very decent passer so I’d have great hope for him . Playing more centrally in midfield in the last few games and he certainly looks the part. 

Edited by Liam Green - 25 Oct 2020 at 1:19pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

I’ve watched him in 6 or 7 full games playing in a variety of positions and I’d say he’s exactly as you describe him with drive guile and energy and he’s good at putting the ball in the net when he gets chances. He’s good on the ball and a very decent passer so I’d have great hope for him . Playing more centrally in midfield in the last few games and he certainly looks the part. 
Thank LG - I’d definitely have high hopes for him. Managers seem to love him
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 3:08pm
He's a good all rounder, decent tackler, passer and also drives forward with the ball. Has goals in his game as well. Probably more dynamic than Molumby (although I rate Molumby highly too). Knight seems to have a great attitude as well, I've seen quite a lot of him and I have to say I'm fairly excited by him. Given his age his potential is massive. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 3:24pm
he has pace which an awful lot of central midfielders don’t. He beats people in the centre of the park which is a skill you don’t see a huge amount of. It usually draws fouls 
AKA pedantic kunt
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 7:16pm
will have a new manager as cocu has finally been given the bullet. Hopefully the new manager likes knight and if it does it will be more interesting evaluating Knight as it was hard to get much of a read in him in Cocu’s Derby team as they were so so bad.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 7:43pm
Rooney and Given in temporary charge at Derby.

Lock up your daughters/grandmothers!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 8:12pm

Rooney and Given in temporary charge at Derby.

Lock up your daughters/grandmothers!

I'm pretty sure locking up women is illegal and is certainly very creepy.

Please don't lock up women Declan, there are some charities that can help if you're unsure.

On the Jason knight front, I think he'll be ok, the games I've seem him he's played very well and he seems to be getting better despite Derby getting worse.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 8:36pm
He's a very young player who has done exceptionally well for Derby in the Championship and I will be surprised if bigger clubs do not come in for him in the not too distant future.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 4:29pm
Scores today. I have a feeling this guy is going to be one of our best players in a couple of seasons. 

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Scores today. I have a feeling this guy is going to be one of our best players in a couple of seasons. 

Just thinking about your point, how many of our players have had a better season so far? I know it’s subjective so it’s hard to quantify but it’s hard to pick anyone clearly outperforming him so far. 

Edited by MC Hammered - 05 Dec 2020 at 4:52pm
El Puto Amo
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Just thinking about your point, how many of our players have had a better season so far? I know it’s subjective so it’s hard to quantify but it’s hard to pick anyone clearly outperforming him so far. 

True. The prob is with these younger players is they are coming into a poor enough side when they join up with us so they dont look that great. If you were to put a jason knight or an Idah into some of our stronger sides of the past they would prob look much better. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 5:04pm

Good. Hope it shut the millwall scumbags up
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 6:16pm

I suspect you're referencing the booing for the black lives matter take a knee movement. It certainly lacked any class from the fans and was sad to see. Though I'm not sure how helpful it is labelling them scumbags though.

Personally I think we should keep racism and politics out of football.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 6:22pm

I suspect you're referencing the booing for the black lives matter take a knee movement. It certainly lacked any class from the fans and was sad to see. Though I'm not sure how helpful it is labelling them scumbags though.

They are scum! Simple as that.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 6:34pm
Take a look at their fans forum and it will tell you all you need to know. A lot of them must be on a watch list with some of the comments.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 6:41pm

Same as B88: call a scumbag a scumbag. I don’t really care if it offends them or not.

Not sure what your situation is, Left Foot, but many of these are the same people who would call you a thick paddy and sing no surrender. 
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 7:23pm
Some of them would have issues with him using his left foot for anything
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 59>
  Share Topic