Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jason Knight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 59>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 8:16pm
I havent see that much of Knight. Bits and pieces. Should he be called up do we reckon? Plays fairly regular. Who would he compare to roughly?
Sponsored Links

mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 8:22pm
midfielder with loads of energy and technically very good... eye for a goal as well. championship regular last season at 19... he should be starting to get integrated into the squad now imo... def a big future ahead of him
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

midfielder with loads of energy and technically very good... eye for a goal as well. championship regular last season at 19... he should be starting to get integrated into the squad now imo... def a big future ahead of him

Would he compare to hendrick when he first came on the scene and with derby also coincidentally? 
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 8:25pm
thats who actually sprung to mind but i didnt want to say to put the blink on him LOL
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 8:26pm
He's a big prospect for us, box to box midfielder, gets stuck in but  manages to get forward a lot as well.Has been playing on the left a lot for Derby because they are overstocked with central midfielders.

I wouldn't be calling him up to the seniors yet, I'd say he's at least a year behind Molumby in terms of his developmentand and he's 18 months younger as well, but I can see him being an important player for us in a few years time.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I havent see that much of Knight. Bits and pieces. Should he be called up do we reckon? Plays fairly regular. Who would he compare to roughly?
Nothing like Andy King or Ian Bishop.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 8:26pm
he would def suit Kennys high pressing high energy style thats for sure... he will get a call up soon if he keeps progressing as he is, unlucky not to make the last NL squad
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

he would def suit Kennys high pressing high energy style thats for sure... he will get a call up soon if he keeps progressing as he is, unlucky not to make the last NL squad

That’s the thing that sprung to mind would be tailor made for Kennys style. Still a kid though be happy enough for him to tip away with Derby a while and stay with the 21s for the time being. Seems to have an eye for goal too for a 19yo midfielder to be betting goals like he has is fairly impressive. 

Edited by kevin100 - 15 Sep 2020 at 8:31pm
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 8:36pm
Knight is a rookie, he'll be pawned off to the U21's
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Knight is a rookie, he'll be pawned off to the U21's

Let"s not get into a rook about it....

It's not always that black and white.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 15 Sep 2020 at 9:06pm
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 9:39pm
As the actress said to the bishop. I thought someone might have mentioned that en passant.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 9:50pm
Not sure about this fella. Heard he's had a bit of a checkered past.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 9:56pm
He scored a great goal last season were he took it down on the chess and volleyed home 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 9:58pm
Dont start that sh1te
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 10:08pm
LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 10:10pm
I hope he's fully on board and England don't move for him
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 10:54pm
No way he'd stand for God Save The Queen.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 11:20pm
Seems to pop up with some goals and assists, long term I woudnt be surprised to see him play in behind the forwards.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 59>
  Share Topic