FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jason Knight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 59>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2023 at 7:14pm
Knight has been captaining Bristol City these last couple of games. Good for him.

32yo Matty James had been captain, but has dropped to the bench, not sure if injury related.
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2023 at 1:38pm
I do think we'll see a boost in performance and confidence with players like Knight and Cullen who dropped off a bit in the last year. The players were very supportive of Kennny but poor results have to have taken a toll on them. 

Knight always has that ability like Brown to pop up with a goal. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2023 at 1:30pm
We just need to see more of it in green. From all our players
I love beer gardens
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2023 at 1:11pm
But but but..... he doesn't have enough goals and assists!!
We're decent enough..
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2023 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by tmorules tmorules wrote:

seems to be performing very well, below is the reaction from the local paper,

You kind of end up writing the same stuff about Knight but he’s just so good, so often and his baseline most games is at such a high level. After a strong first 45 in which he drove the Robins forward, he was a man possessed in the second. He eternally seemed like the first man available to receive a pass, and then the next man making the run beyond, such was his presence. He also, of course, provided the third goal with a deflected strike from the edge of the box.

Very nice to be reading this about an Irish midfielder. 
tmorules View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmorules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2023 at 4:29am
seems to be performing very well, below is the reaction from the local paper,

You kind of end up writing the same stuff about Knight but he’s just so good, so often and his baseline most games is at such a high level. After a strong first 45 in which he drove the Robins forward, he was a man possessed in the second. He eternally seemed like the first man available to receive a pass, and then the next man making the run beyond, such was his presence. He also, of course, provided the third goal with a deflected strike from the edge of the box.

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2023 at 2:23pm
On the score sheet today against Norwich. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2023 at 6:46pm
The Second Tier
@secondtierpod
Players who have had the most shots but are yet to score in the Championship:

1️£ Tyrese Campbell - 21
2️£ Sammy Silvera - 18
3️£ Carlos Alcaraz - 16
➡️ Ilias Chair - 16
➡️ Daniel James - 16
6️£ Scott Twine - 15
7️£ Jason Knight - 14

Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 10:14pm
Assist tonight for Sykes goal
Idah Dream!
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2023 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Excellent without the ball last night until he ran out of steam having played the full 90 in France (shouldnt have). However the fact he won the MotM award sums us up as a nation, he created one chance the entire game and his work on the ball was limited.

He carried the ball forward well on quite a few occasions showing good footwork and tidy passing - the workhorse trope with regards to Knight is a lazy one, he's a skillful player. Browne is a worker, Knight is not the same.

Dont agree, will watch it again, can be difficult to take it all in live. His work rate was admirable and he played well, but he didnt do enough on the ball, he was playing as the most advanced of the three midfielders and he just didnt do enough in forward areas. His passing is safe - I think his best position is as a box to box 8 and I'd like to see him play there consistently for us. He needs to get forward in support of the front men more often both at club and national level. 

Thought he was more box to box 8 than anywhere else for most of the game if I'm honest. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2023 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Excellent without the ball last night until he ran out of steam having played the full 90 in France (shouldnt have). However the fact he won the MotM award sums us up as a nation, he created one chance the entire game and his work on the ball was limited.

He carried the ball forward well on quite a few occasions showing good footwork and tidy passing - the workhorse trope with regards to Knight is a lazy one, he's a skillful player. Browne is a worker, Knight is not the same.

Dont agree, will watch it again, can be difficult to take it all in live. His work rate was admirable and he played well, but he didnt do enough on the ball, he was playing as the most advanced of the three midfielders and he just didnt do enough in forward areas. His passing is safe - I think his best position is as a box to box 8 and I'd like to see him play there consistently for us. He needs to get forward in support of the front men more often both at club and national level. 
Idah Dream!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2023 at 7:40pm

We're decent enough..
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2023 at 7:31pm

Idah Dream!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 3:10pm
Yeah seems to be going well, he won their player of the month for August the other day too.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 2:45pm
Great stuff, what position, a B2B 8 ???

Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 2:43pm
He's excellent. Wasted two years at Derby getting shifted around in a relegation battle and again in League 1. Watched a good bit of that game today and he was flying. Great to see him back on form.
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 2:39pm
Looks like he is getting rave reviews from Bristol fans today. Good to see! 
Looks like he was playing a midfield 3 from the line ups I saw which is even better. His workrate and ability to get up the pitch from deep makes it his best position for me. Never got that Derby so often played him as a no 10. (or even RB...)
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 11:42am
Knight, Sykes, O'Leary all start for the Robins vs Swansea away @1230
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 59>
  Share Topic