You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bury FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bury FC
    Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 6:21pm
just on sky news there they are nearly goners, absolute shame to see
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 6:51pm
Heartbreaking alright. A proper community club f**ked over by one ****. Thankfully the F.A. and EFL have procedures to stop it happening again...
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

just on sky news there they are nearly goners, absolute shame to see
Very sad I feel sorry for their supporters.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 7:21pm
Meanwhile, multi millionaire Neville brothers fart about witu Salford while their hometown club dies. Timing and circumstance I guess.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 7:29pm
Phil Parkinson has had enough at Bolton.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 8:40pm
Dale is the fecker , bought the club for a pound and now blames anyone but himself .
Someone has come in to buy him out but he wants £5 million , i think he wants the ground to tear it down and build flats something like that . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Meanwhile, multi millionaire Neville brothers fart about witu Salford while their hometown club dies. Timing and circumstance I guess.

I always assumed they were from Salford tbh. Didn't realize it was Bury. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 10:26pm
Think the Nevilles mum was the secretary at Bury and their dad worked at the club in some capacity..
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 10:43pm
He was a director. I think one of the stands is named after him. Surprising to see his sons seemingly unmoved by Bury's plight.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 11:53pm
I suppose like Chester City, they'll be back in a few years.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 8:31am
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

He was a director. I think one of the stands is named after him. Surprising to see his sons seemingly unmoved by Bury's plight.

Gary helped pay the players wages a few years back when they were in a similar sort of mess.Id guess no one will help out at the moment as it might ease the pressure on Dale to sell the club.

Edited by rossieman - 22 Aug 2019 at 8:32am
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 9:02am
The Nevilles cannot help due to their ownership of Salford thus creating a conflict of interest.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 10:03am
Joe Hart could I'm sure, stand named after his Dad 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 10:18am
I’d say there are a good few lads who won’t go near there with the present ownership in place. Could see someone step in and reform after they go bust and he f**ks off. How do these chances get away with this again and again though?
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 10:54am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The Nevilles cannot help due to their ownership of Salford thus creating a conflict of interest.

It was probably easier for them to get involved in Salford at the time due to it being a national league club at the time, and the fact that it was a "Class of 92" project, instead of just the 2 Nevilles. 

According to Dan McDonnell, Steve Dale has turned down numerous bids and the club have until Friday to resolve the issues or face expulsion from the league.

Worth watching this for any one who hasn't seen it;

Edited by The Huntacha - 22 Aug 2019 at 11:19am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 10:59am
Such a shame that, year on year, there seems to be an unending list of clubs that find themselves in this situation. Can't help but think that fan ownership is really the way forward. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 11:23am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Joe Hart could I'm sure, stand named after his Dad 
Les Hart is no relation to Wowsers, I am not sure where that came from. Lea’ daughter, herself a former director at the club, has chained herself to the gates in protest.

I think there is also a misunderstanding of what anybody can do for the club here. Giving money to the club under the current owners would be counterproductive. They need him to sell as there are people interested, his interest is for the club to fold and sell the ground to developers.

TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 11:50am
Neville's are at fault  and probably for brexit aswell 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic