You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Manning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 33>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

That’s right. Coleman had a great season there as I remember. that’s year was the highlight of Holloway’s career too I think 

Made it to Wembley and won the play offs that year, Coleman was outstanding at right back for the Tangerines.
Holloway led them into the Premier League first time they'd been in the top flight since the Stan Mortensen/Les Shannon days.
Sponsored Links

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 6:09pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/scouting-report-mccarthy-ponders-call-ups-for-parrott-and-manning

Great to hear for Manning. 

Just found this recent interview: https://youtu.be/SucbL0b-Fho

He's definitely picked up a bit of the local twang.

Edited by BippityBoop - 23 Oct 2019 at 6:20pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 6:24pm
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 12:16am

https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/scouting-report-mccarthy-ponders-call-ups-for-parrott-and-manning

These things are like ''updates on Mick McCarthy's thinking'' - think we can take it as a given that both will be called up for next squad and probably play some part V NZ, whatever about Denmark. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 7:19am
Not seen him play since he left Galway really but QPR are doing well this year and he has attracted some interest from the Prem  or what you hear .
Will that make him an international I very much doubt it .
 Same with all these threads people just roll the dice hoping that he is THE ONE the make the difference so far on the whole that hasn't worked very well .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 11:02am
he’s 23 and has played over 80 games at championship level Murph not just one game like some that are touted on here.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 12:06pm

he’s 23 and has played over 80 games at championship level Murph not just one game like some that are touted on here.

Championship is his level, will never be good enough for International level.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Is this not the attitude that has us in the predicament that we find ourselves in?

I'd rather an inform Championship player than a Premier League player who is struggling at the bottom of the table.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Is this not the attitude that has us in the predicament that we find ourselves in?

I'd rather an inform Championship player than a Premier League player who is struggling at the bottom of the table.

Na mate, PL players over Championship players all day long Thumbs Up
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 12:21pm
yeah cos teams like georgia and gibraltar are premier league standard
Come on Irelind
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 12:42pm

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Na mate, PL players over Championship players all day long Thumbs Up

But Denmark and Switzerland  both have players who ply their trade in their own domestic leagues in their squads.

Both of those leagues are arguably of a weaker standard than the top Championship teams - I can guarantee you that those boys are well able to pass a ball.

Our all conquering Premier League stars Jeff Hendrick and Conor Hourihane on the other hand...
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 12:47pm
dalsgard is with Brentford and brathwaite was with Middlesbrough. We couldn’t have 11 premier league regulars on our team at the moment.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 1:25pm

dalsgard is with Brentford and brathwaite was with Middlesbrough. We couldn’t have 11 premier league regulars on our team at the moment.

He was the danger man during one of the NL games against us, which makes our PL players consistently poor performances all the more disappointing.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 8:16pm
Thought he was poor enough for Brentford's goal there. Got sucked in too much to his centre back and allowed your man to get plenty of time to cross it in for the goal. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Thought he was poor enough for Brentford's goal there. Got sucked in too much to his centre back and allowed your man to get plenty of time to cross it in for the goal. 

Seen that. Commentators never mentioned it though. He should have been tighter to that cross.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 8:42pm
Central defender left the goal scorer free but agree that manning should have been all over the the player that crossed.

Seems like very little communication in the defence 
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 12:34am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Central defender left the goal scorer free but agree that manning should have been all over the the player that crossed.

Seems like very little communication in the defence 

hallmark of a warburton team, they havent kept a clean sheet all year
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 33>
  Share Topic