You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Manning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 33>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Ryan rightly getting praised by Swansea fans as he is playing his best football at the moment .

All the better when you're in the last year of your contract. Swansea barely have two pennies to rub together and could end up selling both Obafemi and Piroe before the start of next season.

Manning will be 27 in the summer and hopefully gets himself a good move in the summer and decent wage out of it.
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Ryan rightly getting praised by Swansea fans as he is playing his best football at the moment .

All the better when you're in the last year of your contract. Swansea barely have two pennies to rub together and could end up selling both Obafemi and Piroe before the start of next season.

Manning will be 27 in the summer and hopefully gets himself a good move in the summer and decent wage out of it.

He's certainly playing well atm, 2 goals, 3 assists now I think. He probably deserves another chance in November on merit, assuming he hasn't dirtied his bib in some manner none of us are privy to. Mc Clean is 33yo, Stevens time is probably up and it doesn't look like Brady will be playing LWB for Preston again any time soon.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

He's certainly playing well atm, 2 goals, 3 assists now I think. He probably deserves another chance in November on merit, assuming he hasn't dirtied his bib in some manner none of us are privy to. Mc Clean is 33yo, Stevens time is probably up and it doesn't look like Brady will be playing LWB for Preston again any time soon.
Apologies, 2 goals, 2 assists in the Championship now, with a Whoscored rating of 7.14 putting him in the Top 20 players in the Division overall and he is the highest rated Irish player in the Division also. Playing regularly again at LWB also.
Idah Dream!
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 11:52pm
Would agree lads. Great start to the season for him and would be very surprised if he isn't involved in November.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 9:45am

Why do you say this?
Did I miss something?

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Why do you say this?
Did I miss something?

Preston have moved him into CM, and while doing so have moved Alan Browne to RWB. The young left back from United has played well lately so Preston probably won't move Brady out of CM unless they need him to fill in somewhere.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Why do you say this?
Did I miss something?

Brady has started the last two games in the centre of midfield and a young Man Utd loanee, Fernandes I think, has come in at LWB and has produced 2 MotM performances in a row. I watched one of the games and Brady did ok as a right sided central midfielder although, he has been hooked in both games around 70 minutes, I'm not sure he has the legs for a full 90 any more. He did well in there though and could be an option if we are looking for a bit of creativity against the likes of Gibralter. The young United loanee looks an excellent prospect.
Idah Dream!
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 10:05am
Ah, interesting and I wasn't aware of this.

Yeah, I'd prefer Brady as a CM option but I fear this resurgence of some form and fitness may be short-lived, and Brady won't be the answer we need for our midfield questions.

Delighted for him all the same.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 12:36pm
Back in the squad again after missing the last few games with injury.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 1:10pm

Back in the squad again after missing the last few games with injury.

Good news, hopefully in time for a call up. Deserves another shot imo, particularly with Brady (or o'dowda)no longer playing lwb.
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 1:17pm
Has come on at half time, likely at CB too unless Swansea have changed to a back four or moved someone else to CB.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 1:23pm
He's playing left wing back.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 7:34pm
Starts tonight
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 3:57pm
Scores before half time to make it 2-1.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 4:09pm
Been watching this game, interesting one from an Irish point of view. McClean with assists (both corners) for the two Wigan goals, one scored by Keane. Was involved in a handball penalty shout also, came off his leg first so maybe not a pen. 

Manning with a lovely first time finish for the Swansea goal, Oko-flex was involved in the build-up. Oko-flex has been taken off at half time, which is a surprise as he was doing well. Obafemi very quiet so far.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 4:11pm
Did Okoflex play WB or LW?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 4:38pm
He was playing further forward, mostly on the right. Directly up against McClean a lot - McClean cleaned him out with one mistimed tackle.

McClean and Obafemi have both gone off now so I've switched over.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 10:12pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 33>
  Share Topic