Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Manning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 33>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Yet he can’t make the Irish Squad. Baffling 

It is mentalist stuff alright. He can’t ignore him if he’s playing in the PL next season surely? 
Easy solution. Bring Manning in, kick Kenny out. Win-win.

I will 2nd that Clap
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 1:07pm

Murph, as a purely hypothetical question, how would you feel if Kompany took over as Ireland manager and played his style of football?
El Puto Amo
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Murph, as a purely hypothetical question, how would you feel if Kompany took over as Ireland manager and played his style of football?

No thanks Big smile
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Sheffield United will surely make a move for him.

Sheffield Utd need a LWB badly it would make a lot of sense. Either him or Maatsen but Maatsen would cost a lot more to prize off of Chelsea that’s before Burnley who will likely get first dibs.

And they also love a WB that can cover CB.

I think even Swansea have dispensed with playing Manning as the LCB in a three (even when they did, it was hardly a conventional LCB role). Manning's strengths are very obviously on the ball going forward. His defensive work is questionable to put it mildly.
Idah Dream!
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 11:34am
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 2:36pm

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/ryan-manning-wins-swansea-city-player-season-award

Probably will be ignored by Stephen Kenny agai.

kenny would hate that
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 2:44pm

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/ryan-manning-wins-swansea-city-player-season-award

Probably will be ignored by Stephen Kenny agai.

Take a bow Ryan. 
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 7:47pm
I don't think there's anything personal there - just that in terms of performances for Ireland McClean and O'Dowda have been better in that position.  Brady was out of the last squad too, despite getting back to fitness and his illustrious record for us.

With Coleman's injury likely to keep him out for June's game, we'll probably see Young Doherty switch to RWB, which may open up a place in the squad for Manning. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 5:48pm
A report linking him to Leeds in recent days and it even states they want to sign him regardless of relegation or not. 

Personally would love to see him wait it out in the hope Sheffield Utd or one of Luton/Coventry might come in for him.

Sheffield Utd and Luton if they go up will both likely look to bring in a LWB and on a free he’s a no brainer option for both. 

Edited by kevin100 - 23 May 2023 at 5:48pm
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 5:55pm
Not sure why Manning or anyone else for that matter would want to sign for Leeds or any other club currently that doesn't have a manager or won't have a manager for the next few weeks probably 

If its the board making the signing then it's risky because if the new manager comes in and doesn't like you, then what ?

Needs to be the right move & a manager that wants you 

Edited by wanderer - 23 May 2023 at 8:26pm
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 8:14pm

A report linking him to Leeds in recent days and it even states they want to sign him regardless of relegation or not. 

Personally would love to see him wait it out in the hope Sheffield Utd or one of Luton/Coventry might come in for him.

Sheffield Utd and Luton if they go up will both likely look to bring in a LWB and on a free he’s a no brainer option for both. 
Luton will go straight back down, i'd plump for a big club like Leeds. It would be a gamble, but much more upside!
Idah Dream!
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 8:37pm
There are premiership interested as well.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 8:42pm
Why did I think he was a short lad? Wiki says he is 5’11. That right?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

No, he's about 5'9.
We're decent enough..
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 9:11pm

Coventry have Jake Bidwell playing LWB, he was actually starting ahead of Manning at Swansea a couple of seasons ago. Don't think Manning would be interested in a reunion.

Sheffield Utd would seem like the ideal spot. They reportedly won't be splashing cash around this summer, & will have to move on older, high earning players like Sharp & particularly Enda Stevens.
Manning is the right age profile, coming into his prime now, rarely injured, stylistically would suit their system, & on a free transfer.

If he can't manufacture a PL move then the next best thing could be to follow Russell Martin to Southampton.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 4:54am

The Luke Shaw conundrum.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 8:57am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

The Luke Shaw conundrum.

Hummm wears heels at the weekend when he calls himself Linda Big smile that gives him a few inches . 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2023 at 2:49pm
Is reportedly at Southampton for talks. Definitely a step up if he goes there, but he really is going the long way around to get to the Premier League. Thought Sheffield United or Luton might get him there this summer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 33>
  Share Topic