Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Manning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 33>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 9:08pm
Brilliant pass and had one similar straight after. He’s playing his best ever football.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sponsored Links

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Doubt he'll even be in the squad. Kenny will likely go with McClean and O'Dowda. If he feels he needs another option he'll pick Brady.

Should walk before a ball is even kicked if that's the case.
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 9:18pm
Just got taken off which seems like a strange decision 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 9:18pm
Taken off there, wonder was it something to do with that knock he got at the start of the game.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Loc Loc wrote:

Gufct will be camped outside Russell Martin’s house this evening demanding an explanation.
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 10:33pm
manning cant do anymore. it'll be a surprise if he makes the squad, not to mind a matchday 23. kenny favouring brady and o'dowda over him for some strange reason. to ignore the work hes put in over the past 18 months is madness. kenny will need a mental evaluation if scales is in the next squad and manning isnt.
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 10:36pm
Didn’t realise it at the time but he was at fault for Ogbenes goal.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 10:41pm
O'Dowda is apparently playing well to be fair. Offers a bit more pace than Manning, but Manning is probably a better all round footballer than O'Dowda. I wouldn't say the difference is huge between the two though. At the moment they're looking like our two best options in the position once McClean finishes up.

It's a weak position for us, all three are playing for bottom half Championship teams, which tells its own story.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 11:48pm
Lovely assist there. We don't have many that would spot that, let alone try it.

Yeah, he's not naturally a defensive player. Playing all last season at LCB would/should have improved that though.

He started out as an attacking midfielder and over time moved back and to the left (back and to the left... if you know you know).

Probably wouldn't have him involved vs France but still should be ahead of McClean (done at international level, IMO) & O'Dowda.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 4:02am

Clearly Kenny has been in Russell Martin's ear to take him off.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Luder View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Lovely assist there. We don't have many that would spot that, let alone try it.

Yeah, he's not naturally a defensive player. Playing all last season at LCB would/should have improved that though.

He started out as an attacking midfielder and over time moved back and to the left (back and to the left... if you know you know).

Probably wouldn't have him involved vs France but still should be ahead of McClean (done at international level, IMO) & O'Dowda.

What else do I have to say?
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Clearly Kenny has been in Russell Martin's ear to take him off.

Rotherham targeted his side in the first half and it worked for the most part. I like the look of Manning going forward. but his defensive work and work rate looked off to me tbh. We seem to have a plethora of converted LWBs McClean, Brady, O'Dowda and Manning, all of whom are suspect defensively. I think Doherty starts there vs France with Coleman at RWB assuming he stays in the Everton team under Dyche in the interim.
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 9:03pm
Deflects one in with his heel for Swansea. Looks like he's being credited with it.
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 5:36pm
Surprised he didn't get a shout on here for his goal at the weekend.

So is he leaving Swansea?
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 6:07pm
Yes his contract is up. Strong rumours that he will be playing Premier league football next season.

One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 7:14pm
Where could we see him land? Other than the promoted teams, perhaps West Ham?

He’s played things very well with his last two contracts. A lot easier to get a team higher in the division or the division above to take a punt if you’re available on a free (or your contract is close to expiring)

Edited by giveittochristie - 17 Apr 2023 at 7:16pm
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by giveittochristie giveittochristie wrote:

Where could we see him land? Other than the promoted teams, perhaps West Ham?

He’s played things very well with his last two contracts. A lot easier to get a team higher in the division or the division above to take a punt if you’re available on a free (or your contract is close to expiring)
I don't think this will come to fruition, Bournemouth and West Ham would be the only clubs he might have a chance at getting a few starts for.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Yes his contract is up. Strong rumours that he will be playing Premier league football next season.

Rumours circulating in the gufct household.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 33>
  Share Topic