You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Manning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 33>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 10:25am
Manning has told Swansea he won't be staying on after the end of the season. Will be interesting to see what kind of transfer he can get himself as a free agent this summer.
Sponsored Links

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 10:33am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Manning has told Swansea he won't be staying on after the end of the season. Will be interesting to see what kind of transfer he can get himself as a free agent this summer.
I wonder would Sheffield United go for him? Would fit the formation well. Enda Stevens isn't getting much younger and my old schoolmate Max Lowe probably isn't the long term solution 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 10:45am
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

I wonder would Sheffield United go for him? Would fit the formation well. Enda Stevens isn't getting much younger and my old schoolmate Max Lowe probably isn't the long term solution 

They were my first guess but they're under a transfer embargo atm.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 11:50am
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Burnley might take a look at him. Their LB is only on loan from Chelsea.

Manning would be a similar profile. Attack minded LB/LWB.

Although a permanent move for Maatsen could be on the cards.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 11:56am
His options are probably  limited to teams that play 3/5 at the back as his best position is probably as a wing back and I dont think he would be bought by anyone to play as an out and out full back. I know he has played LCB on occasion for Swansea, but that's pretty clearly not his position. Sheffield United are a good shout, not sure if an existing PL team would take a shot on him but there'll be plenty of interest from the Championship. He'll be 27 in June, so this is likely his last big 5 year contract so I'm sure he'll be looking to the highest bidder in terms of salary.
Idah Dream!
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 3:12pm
Ryan can play in a lot of positions lb, lcb, lwb, lw, cm or no 10. He will have loads of offers for championship and above. I don’t know what problem Kenny has with him.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Ryan can play in a lot of positions lb, lcb, lwb, lw, cm or no 10. He will have loads of offers for championship and above. I don’t know what problem Kenny has with him.

He's versatile for sure which is a plus, but I dont see any club signing him to play anywhere other than as a LWB or as a left sided midfielder.

Idah Dream!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 3:27pm

Jack of all trades, master of none. It's been an issue for him since he broke through unfortunately.
We're decent enough..
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 3:32pm

As for Kenny having a problem with him, I'm not so sure - He selected McClean, Brady and O'Dowda ahead of him last November, all of whom were also playing well at the time. 

Brady has been struggling for game time since the WC break at PNE, so that may offer him a chance, but I suspect he may have to rely on an injury or two to get back in. I agree it seems a bit unfair for a lad who has probably been the stand out Irish player in the Championship this season (5th best player overall in the Championship based on Whoscored Ratings), but the lads ahead of him have also had good seasons and have a lot more experience in the Irish set up. 

Tough on him, but I suspect he may have to wait until the next campaign or the latter stages of this one to establish himself, at which point he may also have a bit of competition from younger lads like Roughan, Furlong, Bagan, Lyons and Adaramola. 
Idah Dream!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 2:08am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Jack of all trades, master of none. It's been an issue for him since he broke through unfortunately.
I think that's unfair. He's playing top quality Championship football across midfield and defence and deserves selection on form. To brand him a jack of all trades is a convenient pejorative for his versatility. I'm surprised his case is not pushed more considering his LOI background especially when one considers the support afforded such as Idah and Parrott, two of the least-feared strikers in the Championship. No doubt, some warrior will advise he lacks natural or technical ability. Such is life.
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 8:09am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

complete nonsense
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 8:12am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

As for Kenny having a problem with him, I'm not so sure - He selected McClean, Brady and O'Dowda ahead of him last November, all of whom were also playing well at the time. 

Brady has been struggling for game time since the WC break at PNE, so that may offer him a chance, but I suspect he may have to rely on an injury or two to get back in. I agree it seems a bit unfair for a lad who has probably been the stand out Irish player in the Championship this season (5th best player overall in the Championship based on Whoscored Ratings), but the lads ahead of him have also had good seasons and have a lot more experience in the Irish set up. 

Tough on him, but I suspect he may have to wait until the next campaign or the latter stages of this one to establish himself, at which point he may also have a bit of competition from younger lads like Roughan, Furlong, Bagan, Lyons and Adaramola. 

i thought kennys remit was to give younger ones experience? baffling stuff that manning doesnt even make squads now. clearly the best irish player in the championship this season. the fact that kenny dropped him even as a depth option last time and gave liam scales a place in the squad asks even more questions considering manning can cover lcb aswell. 
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 1:02pm
He seems to have been strangely blacklisted after a poor performance in a friendly.

I say strangely, because plenty of players have had worse games for us before and after, and still feature.

Hard not to come to the conclusion that the manager has an issue with him in some way. If that is correct, he wont have to wait too long to get involved.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 8:44pm
Nice assist tonight against Rotherham.
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Nice assist tonight against Rotherham.

Great pass! 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 8:46pm
Yeah was a quality pass to find Piroe. Could do with someone making those passes to pick out Obafemi or Ferguson.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Yeah was a quality pass to find Piroe. Could do with someone making those passes to pick out Obafemi or Ferguson.

Good half for him. Can't see anyone ahead of him for that LWB spot to be honest.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 8:55pm
Doubt he'll even be in the squad. Kenny will likely go with McClean and O'Dowda. If he feels he needs another option he'll pick Brady.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 33>
  Share Topic