You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Manning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 33>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by 84ccfc84 84ccfc84 wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Was at Qpr Swansea game yesterday Ryan was the best player on the pitch . Was very involved in an advanced left side role and was instrumental in the Swansea goal

follow a few swans accounts on twitter and theyve been saying the same since august. must admit is non inclusion is the strangest for me. do not understand what kenny has against him,

Any time he’s got a chance for Ireland he’s been poor enough so I can see why he’s not included 
Here we go again, we're on the road again
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 7:10pm
Has there been any mention of clubs who might be interested in Manning. He's gonna walk on a free in June but sometimes you often get clubs showing interest a few months out and clubs seeing if you can be got for a knockdown price in January.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by ProudIrish ProudIrish wrote:

Was at Qpr Swansea game yesterday Ryan was the best player on the pitch . Was very involved in an advanced left side role and was instrumental in the Swansea goal

follow a few swans accounts on twitter and theyve been saying the same since august. must admit is non inclusion is the strangest for me. do not understand what kenny has against him,

Any time he’s got a chance for Ireland he’s been poor enough so I can see why he’s not included 
Why do people keep coming out with this nonsense? He's played 200 minutes for Ireland. We've had much worse and far less deserving players given far more opportunities than that. Its clear Kenny has something personal against him or just really doesn't rate him at all.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 7:48pm
Should be in the squad 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 7:56pm
He probably does deserve another call up yes. Think it was the Luxembourg game if i remember correctly. He was atrocious in that game. Played awful
I love beer gardens
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Why do people keep coming out with this nonsense? He's played 200 minutes for Ireland. We've had much worse and far less deserving players given far more opportunities than that. Its clear Kenny has something personal against him or just really doesn't rate him at all.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! Which is then if its so clear? LOL

Kenny has had him in a dozen squads and gave him minutes, he hasn't performed from what we've seen of him on the pitch and Im sure Kenny and the rest of the staff have seen enough of him up close and personal in training to be able to make an informed opinion of him. Why does there have to be something against him?

Theres 1 spot up for grabs between 5 players. All are playing at the same level for the clubs and doing well at present. Certain players have to miss out.

Edited by Bandwagon - 22 Jan 2023 at 8:17pm
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 8:23pm
200 minutes is absolutely nothing. kenny gave him 2 starts, one in 2020 another in 2022 (when he was in much better form). everything else has been pointless 5 minute cameos off the bench. hes one of the best defenders in the championship. hes been no worse in his few apps than enda stevens who has got a free pass for ages in a green shirt.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Kenny has had him in a dozen squads and gave him minutes, he hasn't performed from what we've seen of him on the pitch and Im sure Kenny and the rest of the staff have seen enough of him up close and personal in training to be able to make an informed opinion of him. Why does there have to be something against him?

Theres 1 spot up for grabs between 5 players. All are playing at the same level for the clubs and doing well at present. Certain players have to miss out.
I don't even think he's been that bad. He was part of a terrible team performance against Lithuania and another terrible team performance vs Bulgaria. The rest of his minutes for us have been bleep tests in friendlies. We surely can't be writing lads off thar quickly, especially not in a position where the 1st and 2nd choice are not getting any younger.

I'd be inclined to think it's personal, being honest. Not that I have any evidence to substantiate that, it just seems an odd aversion given that he's probably been one of our better players at club level over the last 1/2 years.
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 8:26pm

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

I'd be inclined to think it's personal, being honest. Not that I have any evidence to substantiate that, it just seems an odd aversion given that he's probably been one of our better players at club level over the last 1/2 years.

looks like it to me too
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 8:33pm
He has been poor when he had a chance but he is an inform player and should he in the squad. Kenny is not the type of manager who would ignore good work or blacklist someone for the sake of it.
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 8:47pm
I take it it’ll be the 2nd week of March before squad is announced . I imagine Brady and McClean are ahead of him for a LWB position . Sure anything could happen in the next 6 weeks 
Here we go again, we're on the road again
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 8:55pm

I take it it’ll be the 2nd week of March before squad is announced . I imagine Brady and McClean are ahead of him for a LWB position . Sure anything could happen in the next 6 weeks 

Plus O'Dowda 
I love beer gardens
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 9:00pm
Yea O’Dowda looked good last game at LWB! Would like to see him get game time against Latvia.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

He has been poor when he had a chance but he is an inform player and should he in the squad. Kenny is not the type of manager who would ignore good work or blacklist someone for the sake of it.

Not true, he hasn't been bad at all, he just didn't stick out much. But he hasn't been given much of a chance either, only 2 starts in nothing games:
- vs Bulgaria where we were missing 17 players, he was a late call up, don't think that cobbled together team even had a chance to train together. Scrappy game all around.
- vs Lithuania when Lithuania had absolutely no interest in playing football & we had Hourihane in the middle of the pitch slowing everything down to snails pace. Still, Manning would have had an assist if Ogbene had timed his run better.

His other 4 caps:
Qatar - 6'
Andorra - 4'
Hungary - 5'
Belgium - 10'

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

He probably does deserve another call up yes. Think it was the Luxembourg game if i remember correctly. He was atrocious in that game. Played awful

He hasn't played against Lux.

No, I don't think it's personal, just up to this season there have been others ahead of him. Last season he spent playing LCB in a back 3, so that didn't help him get in.

It's really only this season, and really only the November window, he can feel rightly aggrieved to have been left out. He should have got the Malta game (McClean was brutal that night).

He should get the Latvia game, and McClean should be moved on.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 8:43pm
Another assist tonight, 8th goal involvement of the season matching mc clean!
Idah Dream!
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 9:48pm
Motm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 12:26pm

Motm

His 6th Man of the Match award of the season as per Whoscored, only 2 players in the Championship have more.

His Whoscored Rating (WSR) for the season (7.18) has him sitting 5th of all players rated (383) in the Championship. Next best of the Irish with WSR's of just under 7 are Dara O'Shea (27th), Egan (33rd), Mc Clean (36th), Lenihan (37th) and Cullen (51st).

His 8 goal involvements in the Championship (3G, 5A) draw him level with Ogbene (6G, 2A) and Mc Clean (2G, 6A). Only Keane (12), Robinson (11) and Hogan (11) have more.
Idah Dream!
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 12:48pm
in great form..... he'll be lucky to make the squad 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 33>
  Share Topic