You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Manning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 33>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I thought he did fine. Not sure why he is getting so much flak online tbh.

This we had 3/4 lads who were completely amiss tonight before you'd even begin to comment on Manning. Poor from Ogbene straying offside too it was a lovely square cross to him. 

I do think we could do with and will be upgrading on this position in a few years..Joel Bagan was very good tonight for the 21s and is flying for Cardiff Ebosele too an option Adaramora shows distinct potential all undoubtedly have higher potential ceilings then Manning has certainly they'd have more ability to my eyes!

In the shorter term moving Doherty across to the left needs to be looked at again as an option. It's not ideal, but Coleman is better suited to right wing back than right centre back, and we look to have a ready made right centre back in Collins - as well as Omobamidele to come back in. So that would free Doherty to play left wing back.
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 11:55pm
Fair point You Tell Me. I think against teams like Lithuania I'd give the likes of McClean a go at LWB for his attacking endeavor with Doherty at RWB but against Portugal your Belgium's etc McClean is absolutely not it as regards defensive ability etc. Mcclean was a liability when he came on in Portugal defensively. Doherty LWB and Coleman RWB is a good option against better quality teams. 

All lads 30 or older Doherty has a few years left but the other two won't keep going forever!
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 12:28am
manning has no pace and indisciplined in defence. Sent off twice recently for Swansea for terribly timed brain dead tackles. Defo not our answer at LWB and we have much better CHB options. Playing against deep lying defensive teams we need pace, ability to get past players etc and for all his faults Mccleans head down approach defo more useful than manning shuffling about. Maybe Bagan is long term option hereā€¦

Edited by SeanC - 30 Mar 2022 at 12:30am
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 5:54am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I thought he did fine. Not sure why he is getting so much flak online tbh.

Put in 2 good crosses at the start of the match, 1 of which was a disallowed goal. Fine just about sums up his performance; didn't do much wrong but didn't grab his chance either.

Tbh I just think that he hasn't got the pace to play in the wing-back position the way Doherty does for us so he'll never be an effective option there.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 7:51pm
Scores in the first minute.
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Scores in the first minute.

Has been consistantly good in the championship for a while now, would like to see him get a better chance with ireland as LWB.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 8:06pm
cracking goal
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 8:07pm
Does he still play LCB for Swansea?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 8:09pm
No he's moved back to LWB this season.
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 8:22pm
Good stuff we don't need more CBs haha. LWB is a position we need more in as McClean is getting on and also not a defender and Stevens seems to be injured a lot. Until Bagan and Adaramola fully break through Manning could be the option.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 8:33pm
Brady will take that LWB if fit I'd say. He's been very good again tonight for Preston.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 8:35pm
brady and parrot have looked a level above.. linked up very well
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 1:58pm
Scores vs Hull.

Unlucky not to be in the Ireland squad this time around.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Scores vs Hull.

Unlucky not to be in the Ireland squad this time around.

Kenny doesn't fancy him.

He can play LB, LWB, LCB and even CM.

Brady and O'Dowda can also play LB/LWB, and we know that he likes McClean... so I guess we know why he didn't call him up.

But with Stevens now fading, you'd think a versatile player like Manning would be useful.

He was one of our better players against Lithuania the last time that he was capped.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 12:07pm
motm yesterday a solid 9 star pts and a goal . You would wonder who covers the Swansea games for Ireland.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

motm yesterday a solid 9 star pts and a goal . You would wonder who covers the Swansea games for Ireland.

Brady and McClean are the left wing back options in the squad and they have done well previously. Manning has not. And has not necessarily produced 9/10 performances every week now, has he? 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Brady and McClean are the left wing back options in the squad and they have done well previously. Manning has not. And has not necessarily produced 9/10 performances every week now, has he? 

Yeah Manning has been poor every chance hes been given in an Ireland shirt to date and I'm sure they've had a more than close enough look at him in training the numerous times hes been called up but didn't see game time.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Yeah Manning has been poor every chance hes been given in an Ireland shirt to date and I'm sure they've had a more than close enough look at him in training the numerous times hes been called up but didn't see game time.

He was good against Lithuania, which was the last time he was capped. He's only really got a chance in 2 out of his 6 caps. The rest were just 6-8 minute cameos.

Some Irish players don't seem to take their club form with them to the national team. 

IMO, Coleman was never as good for Ireland as he was for Everton.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 33>
  Share Topic