You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Manning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 33>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Best player on the pitch tonight without a doubt and deserves the MOTM award. Swansea are a selling club these days, the parachute payments have run out and I would not be surprised if a PL club or two comes in for him.
This comes just in time now that Mcclean is in limbo and Stevens is injured.
Sponsored Links

E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 6:56pm
I would be very surprised if a Premier League team took a punt on him right now after he got so little football last season.

If he continues to perform this season then hopefully he will be sought after by a few PL teams.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 11:11pm
another storming performance from Ryan playing centre of a back 3. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joyful-swansea-city-player-ratings-21366361
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 12:06am
Had it on in the background, "Storming performance" is a bit of an exaggeration. He played well like, was calm and composed on the ball, nice passing / good distribution, positioning wasn't the best but still, a very solid performance.

Kenny was there to watch him tonight too, done himself no harm in earning a call up anyway.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 12:51am
Thought he was decent alright from what I saw of him, it's not a position I would have ever expected to see him play in, but it's good to see that the defensive side of his game is strong enough now that he can play centre back.

We know he's good going forward so when you put it all together he's possibly now favourite to start at left wing back in the coming games. And if he does well he could nail down the position longer term - McClean and Stevens are both in their 30s and there aren't many other obvious contenders.
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 5:35am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Thought he was decent alright from what I saw of him, it's not a position I would have ever expected to see him play in, but it's good to see that the defensive side of his game is strong enough now that he can play centre back.

We know he's good going forward so when you put it all together he's possibly now favourite to start at left wing back in the coming games. And if he does well he could nail down the position longer term - McClean and Stevens are both in their 30s and there aren't many other obvious contenders.

Agreed unless scales can step up that level after his move or possibly Doherty 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 12:25pm
Kinda funny that a promising young LWB/LB is being deployed at Centre-Half by his club, when that's the one position we don't need any more cover in.

I think it's time we gave him a proper go in our side in this window as deploying McClean seems a backwards step at this point.

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 12:54pm
He was emergency cover at that position last night due to Swansea missing key players including central defender Ben Cabango. The thinking of the manager Russell Martin, according to the Sky commentary team, was that Manning was deployed there because he was a technically excellent player who was skilful enough on the ball to play from the back. His versatility is an obvious asset for any team but I would expect he will play more at left back / wing back when everybody is available.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 1:10pm
His preferred position has always been central midfield. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 10:19pm
Benched tonight, but got an assist 2 mins after coming off the bench on 70 mins!
Idah Dream!
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 11:44pm
he was rested ffs . 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 11:49pm
LOL
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 12:09am
haha rested, wish that term was around when I was playing, would’ve softened the blow a bit :)
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 1:34am
He needs to kick on now and nail down the LWB spot at Swansea, he's no real use to us playing as a cb as we have at least 4 or 5 better than him. Mc Clean is 32, Stevens 31, if he is to have a international career, it will be at LWB or nowhere imo. 
Idah Dream!
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 10:44am
he’s played over 20 games this season yet people are not happy. I just don’t get some posters on here who base their opinions on live score. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 2:05pm
Starts at LWB today.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 4:10pm
Scores to make ir 2-2
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Scores to make ir 2-2
Super volley, hopefully he can now nail down that LWB spot
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 33>
  Share Topic