You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Manning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 33>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 1:56pm
It’s not a problem position for us we have a premier league starting left back in Stevens
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

It’s not a problem position for us we have a premier league starting left back in Stevens

????
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 2:12pm
McClean, Christie, Cunningham are or have played there too.

If you look at some of the other defenders, some of those could also slot in and do a job.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

????
?????????
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 2:53pm
Is manning playing in midfield or LB? Haven’t seen him play in a long time
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

If you look at some of the other defenders, some of those could also slot in and do a job.

The fact McClean and Christie are being offered as left back options would indicate it is a problem position.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 4:08pm
He's an average player from what I've seen, good engine and a decent set piece taker but not a huge amount beyond that. There's a reason why he's been in and out of a pretty poor QPR side over the past few years rather than definitively tying down a place.
We're decent enough..
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 4:48pm
Absolute rubbish post.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Absolute rubbish post.

Good argument 
We're decent enough..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The fact McClean and Christie are being offered as left back options would indicate it is a problem position.

Well McClean is playing left back or left wing back for his club, and not Ireland, so hypothetically he could play for Ireland in this position in the case of injuries.

Christie did a decent enough job covering for Coleman whilst injured.

Bottom line is that Manning is playing a position where there is a lot of cover.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

He's an average player from what I've seen, good engine and a decent set piece taker but not a huge amount beyond that. There's a reason why he's been in and out of a pretty poor QPR side over the past few years rather than definitively tying down a place.

He was the best player on the park the handful of times i saw him in the flesh for the 21s, that included Rice and Cullen 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 7:21pm
Ryan signed for QPR in January 2015 as an 18 year old and although he struggled in his first season he has made 79 appearances in the championship including 22 while on loan with Rotherham last season he has played every minute of every game for QPR who are not struggling as per your post they have 7 ltd and Ryan has been acknowledged as the best player so far.

He was a revelation in the u21s and I don’t know how many games the o’Shea has seen Ryan bar highlights on TV. I know Ryan for years and it’s not just his talent that got him noticed . 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 8:07pm
I've watched him live on 3 occasions and on television 5-10 times. You can look back on the thread, my opinion of him has been consistent since he broke through. He's ok, but nothing special.
We're decent enough..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 8:32pm
So he's on a par with the 40 of our players in the provisional squad then?
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 8:36pm

I've watched him live on 3 occasions and on television 5-10 times. You can look back on the thread, my opinion of him has been consistent since he broke through. He's ok, but nothing special.

Surely Mick would have given him a whirl if there was that much buzz. It's a fact that Sadlier got a call up purely on the back of a recommendation. Hasn't watched a minute of him in the flesh, so find it hard to believe Manning went under the radar. 

Is there anyone missing from the 40 man panel who really should be there?
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Surely Mick would have given him a whirl if there was that much buzz. It's a fact that Sadlier got a call up purely on the back of a recommendation. Hasn't watched a minute of him in the flesh, so find it hard to believe Manning went under the radar. 

Is there anyone missing from the 40 man panel who really should be there?
Yep, Ryan Manning
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 5:41pm
Another assist and 8/10 performance from Ryan again today QPR up to 8th.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 10:55pm
Have GUFC a seek on clause?
It's not me it's you:-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 33>
  Share Topic