Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Manning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 33>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryan Manning
    Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 12:15pm
Couldn’t find the old thread so I’ve opened a new one. Treated very badly by Steve McClaren last season but finished the season back in the 1st team after a very impressive loan spell at Rotherham

Has made the most of the injury to Lee Wallace and has played all pre season and league games since Mark Warburton took over and has made the left full back spot his own scoring the equalizer from the spot against Bristol City on Tuesday and converting the first spot kick in the shootout.

Has a wand of a left foot and has had 2 assists from set pieces so far. Hopefully gets a call up on Friday.

Edited by gufct - 15 Aug 2019 at 12:31pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 12:18pm
LOL
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 12:20pm

https://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/football/queens-park-rangers/qpr-manager-mark-warburton-faces-difficult-decision-left-back-ryan-manning-lee-wallace-1-6216191

Mark Warburton has been impressed with the form of Ryan Manning at left-back and admits he has staked his claim to continue in the position when Lee Wallace returns from injury.

Manning equalised from the spot for his side against Bristol City in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday night and has started at left-back in every game so far this season, putting in some impressive performances.

Wallace is currently building up his fitness after missing pre-season but Warburton says he has been delighted with how Manning has performed since being given the chance.

"Ryan Manning has grabbed the shirt, I've said that from the very first minute of pre-season" he said.

"Ryan Manning has stepped up, taken the shirt and has really staked a claim and has done outstandingly well.

"I like the fact he plays with a smile on his face. He's enjoying what he's doing, he's working hard in training.

"He's a young player with a strong technical base, good physicality in terms of athleticism and he enjoys his football.

"I'm delighted to see him do well, delighted for his contribution to the team and Lee knows that he doesn't get that shirt back easily.

"Lee's a very, very talented player. When you've played at the level that he's played at and played in the games that he's played in, he'll bring a real quality to the squad undoubtedly."

Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 12:26pm
I was at the QPR v Huddersfield match Saturday,he played very well.His ability to cross a ball into the box was great.Great free kick for the QPR goal, worth a call up   
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 2:22pm
If he is struggling to get ahead of Lee Wallace he can’t be that good!
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 2:26pm
Well by the sound of things he's in the position and playing well. Who's to say he won't continue to be picked at left back? It would be great to see him doing well and getting a good extended run.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 2:45pm
He’s not struggling to replace Lee Wallace who hasn’t played a game yet . The manager has heaped praise on him since he took the job.

AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 9:47pm
He's no Cyrus  Christie........
It's not me it's you:-)
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 11:08pm
Another great game from Ryan today involved in 2 of the goals and was a constant threat all game.
daveyc View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Another great game from Ryan today involved in 2 of the goals and was a constant threat all game.

Is he back in midfield?
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 9:04am
Left back still but pushed on as a wing back for the 2nd half yesterday. His left foot is a wand .
daveyc View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Left back still but pushed on as a wing back for the 2nd half yesterday. His left foot is a wand .

seen him a few times for the u21 looked to have really good 1st touch and decent turn of pace looks like hes progressing well. surely should be at least a squad option similar to cullen.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 9:48am
https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/features/unsung-heroes/unsung-hero-ryan-manning-made-the-difference-that-kickstarted-qpr-comeback/

The QPR forums are full of praise for him has played every minute of all games this season. He’s Irish through and through hence the lack of mention on here.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 10:21am
His accent is coming along nicely
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 11:13am
I remember when he first broke in to the senior team, he was interviewed on OTB and that was the first thing I noticed, a bizarre accent.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 1:11pm
Manning not being included in the 40 man squad at the least is a strange decision for me.

He played a decent amount of football last season and Is now putting in some decent performances at a decent level.

You could fire off a number of players in the squad that youd have manning ahead of.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Manning not being included in the 40 man squad at the least is a strange decision for me.

He played a decent amount of football last season and Is now putting in some decent performances at a decent level.

You could fire off a number of players in the squad that youd have manning ahead of.

Yeah agreed. Especially as he can play a number of roles and is regularly starting in something of a problem position for
Us
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

As GUFCT said if he was English there would be an outcry for him to be selected.  Maybe that's why he is changing his accent.

I am surprised by Mick McCarthy tbh.  He is normally one to boost players but then sl*gged off Obafemi.
Manning should be in the provisional squad at the least instead of lads who couldn't give a toss about the EIRE.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 33>
  Share Topic