You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Éire v Switzerland 05.09.19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 56>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Hope Brady dosent play he has been gash since he had a massive falling out with his family a few year ago.
What is this about? 
Sponsored Links

AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Any dual players who are going well should be called

a draw would be a good result against he Swiss and then experiment in the Bulgaria game with a few new players 

The swiss winning would cause us a lot of issues going into the last 3 games with 2x of thoses been tough away trips to Georgia and Geneva.

On the flip side if we were to pull off a mini upset and best the Swiss that would leave us probably only needing 4pts from 3 games to qualify. 17 pts would be enough I reckon. The Swiss would still have to go away to Denmark so we have a real opportunity to land a substantial blow to their qualification hopes. Mick has to try and win the home games. I don't mind us being defensive but we have to have a proper go at winning this game. A draw would be a good result but we have to aim for the win and not just settle for the draw. I reckon this will be the line up Mick will go with 4-3-3

Randolph

Coleman. Duffy. Keogh. Stevens

Hendrick. McCarthy. Hourihane.

Robinson. McGoldrick. McClean.
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 5:54pm
I was at Deepdale at the weekend and Maguire was the best player on the pitch playing left wing.

No reason for McClean to start over him, especially considering McClean has started to play LB for his club, and not very well at that.

Same team as above with that change. Arter in for McCarthy if McCarthy doesn't play for Palace as Arter was Fulham fans man of the match at the weekend. Obafemi looks like he will be starting soon for Southampton and should be a good option off the bench. 

Edited by E2016 - 14 Aug 2019 at 5:55pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

HB has it in one.

The vast bulk of the team will be determined, as most of the players MM was picking are still in reasonable form.

Randolph, Coleman, Stevens, Duffy, Robinson, McGoldrick, Hendrick are all nailed on starters. Then it’s a straight shoot between Egan and Keogh (although) one would expect Keogh to probably get the nod. After that, it depends on how MM views Whelan, McClean and Robbie Brady. He may well just stick with them.

No way can he stick with whelan if he's spent the entire pre-season without a club. He'll be miles off fitness. It'll be Arter or McCarthy if the latter plays enough between now and then.

How exactly will McCarthy be fit?

How many games has he played in the last 2 yearss, I wouldn't be surprised to see him being omitted from the squad because of this.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

HB has it in one.

The vast bulk of the team will be determined, as most of the players MM was picking are still in reasonable form.

Randolph, Coleman, Stevens, Duffy, Robinson, McGoldrick, Hendrick are all nailed on starters. Then it’s a straight shoot between Egan and Keogh (although) one would expect Keogh to probably get the nod. After that, it depends on how MM views Whelan, McClean and Robbie Brady. He may well just stick with them.

No way can he stick with whelan if he's spent the entire pre-season without a club. He'll be miles off fitness. It'll be Arter or McCarthy if the latter plays enough between now and then.

How many games has he played in the last 2 yearss, I wouldn't be surprised to see him being omitted from the squad because of this.

McCarthy has seen a preseason at least. On that basis Whelan should be nowhere near this squad

Arter is the logical choice.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 6:41pm

HB has it in one.

McCarthy has seen a preseason at least. On that basis Whelan should be nowhere near this squad

And has played a bit of an under-23 game. The odds of him having another injury are much shorter than him starting for Palace!
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Hope Brady dosent play he has been gash since he had a massive falling out with his family a few year ago.
What is this about? 

Yeah first I’ve heard of this. Is it horsesh*te ??
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 7:14pm

HB has it in one.

I don't think McCarthy or Whelan should be starting against the Swiss because I don't believe either are match fit.

I'd start Arter ahead of them alright. Will he be included?

There really is not a lot of options left.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Mikeire Mikeire wrote:

absolutely no reason Whelan and Mcclean should be in the squad, there are better options available and they’ve both been brutal for years.

Both have been very strong players for us the last few years. McClean was top goal scorer ffs.

Absolute laughable post.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 7:44pm

absolutely no reason Whelan and Mcclean should be in the squad, there are better options available and they’ve both been brutal for years.

Both have been very strong players for us the last few years. McClean was top goal scorer ffs.

Absolute laughable post.

Mcclean has scored a few important goals but his overall performances have been truly awful.

His reckless mindless tackles cost us more than anything else ffs

Very strong how exactly? Be specific? It's not his final ball that's for damn sure. Or his first touch, positioning or range of passing.

His goals, work rate and defensive abilities, regardless of your deluded opinion of him, the fact of the matter is that he will start against the Swiss. He is a senior member of the squad.

Now can you elaborate on this "reckless mindless tackles cost us more than anything else " with examples?

Edited by horsebox - 14 Aug 2019 at 7:46pm
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 7:48pm
I wouldn't start McClean and I don't particularly rate him as a player but to say there is absolutely no reason he should be in the squad is way over the top. He was one of our better players in the 2018 qualifying campaign and scored some very important goals. Technically he is very limited and predictable but he does offer a lot of aggression and power which can be useful in some games. 

Most interesting call for these games will be who gets the holding midfield role. I think we would all like to see McCarthy get it but he will need to get at least a game or two under his belt with Palace I'd imagine. Other options would be Whelan or Arter you'd imagine.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 7:53pm
So your not able to back up your point then?

I do think that there are more technically better players in the squad than McClean as he is a very limited footballer.

McCarthy will pick him - that is a matter fact. It's not fantasy football.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 8:00pm
As much as I want Maguire to do well, he has not impressed so far. No chance that he will start on the left wing in a game where we need a result. 

As limited as McClean is, managers like and trust him because he can put in a shift and is almost guaranteed to cause some kind of problem for the opposition. I can’t see him losing his place until Kenny comes in.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 8:37pm
McClean would be better used as an impact player, rather than a starter v Swiss. Same with Long.

If it was nil all with 15 to go, they would be the ones you'd want sprung from the bench.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

What is this about? 

It's a fact. Most of his family including both parents didn't attend his wedding. He has had a major falling out and apparently it's down to his wife.

One of my mates knows the family and used to live beside them in Baldoyle.

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 14 Aug 2019 at 9:03pm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

What is this about? 

It's a fact. Most of his family including both parents didn't attend his wedding. He has had a major falling out and apparently it's down to his wife.

One of mates knows the family and used to live beside them in Baldoyle.
Who gives a f**k? Let them get on with their lives. f**king hell, it's like Love Island and Coronation St. rolled into one.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 9:09pm
Coronation street is in a shocking state at he moment. It's worse than one of those Robbie corners that hits the first man.

Horsebox is right.We struggle to score goals so much, McClean  probably still just about deserves a place in the team for his goal threat.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 9:52pm
Arter to start.
McClean impact (literally) sub.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 56>
  Share Topic