You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Éire v Switzerland 05.09.19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 56>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Éire v Switzerland 05.09.19
    Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 12:18pm
Hope it's not too early to start a thread on the game. Be interested to discuss what way we are going to line up and what we genuinely think is achievable from the game. 

Some lads are bankers to start while there have to be serious doubts over others.

Sponsored Links

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 12:26pm
          Randolph
 Coleman Egan Duffy Stevens
Maguire Hourihane McCarthy (?) Hendrick Robinson
               McGoldrick

Is what i would like to see. In reality, i imagine it'll be Keogh, Brady and McClean rather than Egan, Maguire, Robinson. McCarthy will need to get game time before we think of throwing him in, but assuming he does he's likely to start with Whelan not having a club. Arter may get a recall for this one and if he does, might be the most likely to start in the middle with the other two.

No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 12:28pm
Think we’ll see Egan start alongside Duffy rather than Keogh if he plays regularly in the Premier League. 

Arter’s not a great player but at least he’s back fit now which gives us another option in midfield. Ditto James McCarthy. 

Hopefully McClean and Brady are dropped. 

I don’t think Whelan will feature. 

I think we’ll get a 1-1 draw from this game so long as we don’t have a heap of injury withdrawals in the build up. 

Edited by Maccatacca - 14 Aug 2019 at 12:29pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 12:40pm
It'll be the same starting 11 that won the last 3 games - pending injury and club game time.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 12:41pm
I fink we will get a 0-0 or lose 0-1
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 12:54pm
Keogh is Mick's mini me on the pitch, just as Mick was Jack's. It will be difficult to dislodge him from the team.

Brady should be dropped. Hourihane's set piece expertise takes away any reason for him being in the team until his form improves significantly.
royal rover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royal rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 1:01pm
Robinson has a good chance and i expect he will start him on the right , i don't think Brady will play unless his fortunes change at Burnley ,  the big one for me is defensive midfield and what our options are , still no sign of whelan at a club so it's unlikely he will play any part , so maybe arthur will play or if macCarthy gets more game time at palace he might  have a shout , other than that the only position that's really up for debate is left wing the rest picks itself.
royal rover
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 1:09pm
I think Robinson will get the nod ahead of Brady who won't see much game time between now and then. He's gonna be a huge player for us this campaign and has to be an automatic starter. Mick will go with the tried and trusted of Keogh and McClean despite the latter's severe lack of footballing ability. The only spot up for grabs is defensive midfield and could be a toss up between Whelan, McCarthy & Arter.

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 14 Aug 2019 at 1:10pm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 2:22pm
Assuming James McCarthy has some game time under his belt (and given Whelan's free agent status) then he'll walk into the sitting midfielder position.

It will be same back 4 and goalkeeper. 

Hendrick and Hourihane Infront of McCarthy. Although Hendrick is skating on thin ice. 

Robinson McGoldrick ?????

Brady/McClean/O'Dowda not deserving of starting place, so maybe Mick with a curve ball. I dont think he'll give debut to Crowley or Byrne but could see him playing Curtis. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 2:59pm
Crowley or Byrne will most likely not be in the squad. Why do you think he will start them - not a hope in hell.

If they do happen to make the squad, whose places do they take?

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

It'll be the same starting 11 that won the last 3 games - pending injury and club game time.

Except the starting 11 hasn't been the same Confused
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Except the starting 11 hasn't been the same Confused

The core of the team will be the same, The Gibraltar line up was a very attacking line up and the players struggled badly,

Posters who are constantly pedaling the belief that Crowley and others are going to start are deluding themselves.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 3:10pm
HB has it in one.

The vast bulk of the team will be determined, as most of the players MM was picking are still in reasonable form.

Randolph, Coleman, Stevens, Duffy, Robinson, McGoldrick, Hendrick are all nailed on starters. Then it’s a straight shoot between Egan and Keogh (although) one would expect Keogh to probably get the nod. After that, it depends on how MM views Whelan, McClean and Robbie Brady. He may well just stick with them.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 3:13pm

As stated above the core of the team will be the same - injuries permitting. I'd certainly be very surprised if there was any changes to the back four and keeper. The only real changes I can foresee are Arter coming in for Whelan and Robinson coming in for Brady.

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

HB has it in one.

The vast bulk of the team will be determined, as most of the players MM was picking are still in reasonable form.

Randolph, Coleman, Stevens, Duffy, Robinson, McGoldrick, Hendrick are all nailed on starters. Then it’s a straight shoot between Egan and Keogh (although) one would expect Keogh to probably get the nod. After that, it depends on how MM views Whelan, McClean and Robbie Brady. He may well just stick with them.

No way can he stick with whelan if he's spent the entire pre-season without a club. He'll be miles off fitness. It'll be Arter or McCarthy if the latter plays enough between now and then.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 4:12pm
Hope Brady dosent play he has been gash since he had a massive falling out with his family a few year ago.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 4:20pm
I thought I read that Bradys rib injury is supposed to keep him out for another 10 days.
Doubt he'll be playing this weekend and then only 2 games until the international break.
Mick might call him up to the initial 40 man squad. It's not the worst if he's not ready.
The dark side.. And the light
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 4:37pm
Any dual players who are going well should be called

a draw would be a good result against he Swiss and then experiment in the Bulgaria game with a few new players 

The swiss winning would cause us a lot of issues going into the last 3 games with 2x of thoses been tough away trips to Georgia and Geneva.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 56>
  Share Topic