You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Kilkenny

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 28>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 9:18am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

With regards to deep lying play making ability, have a look at this pass from Kilkenny. I'm not sure how this didn't go viral. It is incredible.

I think we need to calm down. 

I'm very calm. He has a lot to do. It's a fantastic pass that is beautifully executed from deep. I don't think he should be playing for Ireland yet. I thought the video was worth sharing and I think the pass is awesome- perfectly weighted, timed and aimed.

There's nothing worse on this forum when a lad gets a few words of praise but other posters have to come in and lash about accusations of young players being blown up. Take your comments to the Troy Parrott thread.

Edited by Eoink21 - 19 Aug 2021 at 9:22am
Sponsored Links

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 9:18am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

He will be Paul McGrath, Roy Keane, Liam Brady and Andy Townsend all rolled in to one.

Again, nobody has said that or anything like it but you keep trying to perpetuate your charicature of a carried away Irish fan and impose it on others. 

Edited by Eoink21 - 19 Aug 2021 at 9:19am
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 9:20am
He's only started a few games at Championship level and there's talk of him starting a crucial World Cup qualifier away to Portugal? Ah lads, we need to calm down. He's a good prospect and MAY be in the squad but there isnt a hope in hell he features in the match. Cullen is starting every game for Anderlecht and has been a consistent pick for Kenny lately so he surely stays in the team. I'd be guessing Kenny goes with a few of the more experienced lads in midfield as we need to figure out a way to stifle Portugal for as long as possible.
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 9:24am
There will also be plenty of rotation between the 3 games (or at least there should be), so its not a given that Kenny's "strongest" XI will play against Portugal. He may well play the more experienced lads in that game and then play some of the younger lads in the Serbia/Azerbaijan games, which are more important really (assuming we dont lose by 4+ in Portugal).

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 9:35am

With regards to deep lying play making ability, have a look at this pass from Kilkenny. I'm not sure how this didn't go viral. It is incredible.

I'm very calm. He has a lot to do. It's a fantastic pass that is beautifully executed from deep. I don't think he should be playing for Ireland yet. I thought the video was worth sharing and I think the pass is awesome- perfectly weighted, timed and aimed.

There's nothing worse on this forum when a lad gets a few words of praise but other posters have to come in and lash about accusations of young players being blown up. Take your comments to the Troy Parrott thread.

For a very calm lad you seemed very worked up over my 6 word reply.

It's a good pass and fair play to him but the whole "should have gone viral" etc is well over the top.  

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 9:39am
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

He's only started a few games at Championship level and there's talk of him starting a crucial World Cup qualifier away to Portugal? Ah lads, we need to calm down. He's a good prospect and MAY be in the squad but there isnt a hope in hell he features in the match. Cullen is starting every game for Anderlecht and has been a consistent pick for Kenny lately so he surely stays in the team. I'd be guessing Kenny goes with a few of the more experienced lads in midfield as we need to figure out a way to stifle Portugal for as long as possible.

Kilkenny is playing well in the championship but you are very much correct in the the Portugal is too early.

However, let's look at his competition in the team

Molumby - no time on the pitch, needs a new team

Hourihane - no time on the pitch, needs a new team.

Hendrick - no minutes on the pitch, needs to earn his place at club level

Brady - no club, probably injured

Browne - playing for a team at the bottom of the league, form has nosedived 

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 9:41am

LOL 

I was expecting something special, lads need to catch a grip ffs.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 9:50am
He's getting called up. A young player, who's comfortable on the ball and is getting consistent game time in the championship in a role we badly need. This ticks all Kenny's boxes 

He won't start against Portugal. Probably won't start any of the games. But has nobody seen who Kenny's beeing calling up since day one? Kenny is all about blooding youth and fast tracking players. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 9:52am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

LOL 

Catch a grip? Another stunning and brave contribution from someone who clearly struggles with adult literacy. 

Kilkenny is playing very well and deserves credit for breaking through this season.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

LOL 

Catch a grip? Another stunning and brave contribution from someone who clearly struggles with adult literacy. 

Kilkenny is playing very well and deserves credit for breaking through this season.

Should have went viral LOL
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 10:11am

It's a good pass and fair play to him but the whole "should have gone viral" etc is well over the top.  

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

That pesky grammar police man will be after me EmbarrassedLOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 10:43am
Kilkenny should be in the upcoming squad.
The fact he's so inexperienced and yet still should be in shows where we are when it comes to midfielders.

For Portugal, I'd say we'll go with 3 of Cullen/McCarthy/Hendrick/Hourihane/Brown
I'd say the two midfielders will be Cullen and Hendrick, with McCarthy not fit, Hourihane nowhere and Browne possible the advanced mid.

Kilkenny is not competing with Cullen & McCarthy for a starting birth.  I'd say his spot in any starting 11 is up against Molumby, Hourihane and Hendrick.
He's ahead of all three on current form.

As for the nonsense, no, nothing he does needs to go viral nor does anyone need to calm down Clap
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 10:55am
It was a nice pass to Brooks. All promising with him his passing range seems vast has energy like a Duracell bunny. 

He won’t be playing against Portugal but will be called into the squad especially with Knight and one or two others missing. McCarthy I have a feeling won’t play will want to worry about full fitness and most lads not playing regularly anyways. I think you will see him make his debut off the bench if fit next month though! 

Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 12:36pm

Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

Kilkenny is playing well in the championship but you are very much correct in the the Portugal is too early.

Pretty clear himself and Cullen need to start against Portugal it would be mad to throw in Hendrick when he isn't even playing.
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 3:15pm
Just reading this page now and Eoin's post about Kilkenny - he's just sharing a video of an Irish player who looks for the ball and is able to use it. He said nothing about parachuting him into the qualifiers.
I'm delighted to see Kilkenny's form, and I certainly picture a future with himself and Jason Knight as two future starters for midfield.
The replies telling him to calm down are wide of the mark.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 3:45pm
While I agree that lobbing a guy in for his international debut away to Portugal probably isn't ideal, what do people think will happen? He'll sh!t his pants, curl up in a ball and have to be removed by stretcher?

My main issue is what the likes of Hendrick or Hourihane are ACTUALLY offering is our projected fear of what would happen if you lobbed a young fella in. If Kilkenny had put in the performances that Hourihane has over the last year, the conversation would have been he's too young, it's too soon... he sh!t his pants. Yet Conor somehow got rewarded with continuously keeping his place in the team. 
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 4:05pm

Jesus when you look at it that way, we dont have many good options!! Hadnt figured on us being so light in midfield right now....  I guess when Knight is back, he adds to this, but we defo need one of the experienced lads like Hourihane/Mccarthy/Hendrick etc to get some game time quick!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 28>
  Share Topic